Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Home Port Wishlist  (Read 87175 times)

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
The King of Fighters XIII Home Port Wishlist
« on: October 29, 2010, 10:08:17 AM »
I've noticed that so much of the stuff gets posted in other topics, and we should really unify it to one topic.  This is my last post, but with some refinements and a bit more elaboration.

1.  Great online gameplay.  Netcode that works, but with the KOF XII features like
*Clan Battles with six people playing one person per character.
*Clans need to return.
*Clans need to be able to wager their clan points with other clans for who's the best
*Replay area where the best replays are uploaded.
*1 v 1 online play.  There's lots of people from other camps that still want this for online games.
*Add a region setting for areas such as letting us know what country people are from, and if in the US what *area they're in "West coast, East Coast, Central and so forth."  Possibly by state.  Show ping too.
*Titles like Street Fighter 4.  People love these.  But instead of just unlocking them, make them purchasable by points you get from winning people online.  Also add those weird icons that Capcom also makes and make those purchasable by points.
*Rage quitters lose points and when they hit 10%, need a crybaby icon
*Online Ratio mode for people who want to put variety in their game
*Tournament mode with forced ratio system

2.  Training mode options
*Each character has their own training mode which includes how to do special moves, DM's, combos, neomaxes, blowbacks, block strings, cancelling and situations on how to use the moves.  This will ensure that more then six people are used.

3.  Media section
*Along with the titles, and icons we need a media mode.  This will be an area to unlock art, music, voices, possibly interviews and the concepts of how KOF evolved from 12 to 13.  Or the history of KOF.  The points gained from winning online battles and beating arcade mode or versus offline battles in general will be used to unlock this stuff.

4.  Fanservice
*Classical music tunes like the KOF music from 96 or 98.  Perhaps after some time, unlock a Garou Mark of the Wolves Terry or that 98 Iori that was shown as garbage data.  Of course this could be later after a lot of work.

5.  Fully fleshed out storyline
*Though it's a fighting game, there are people who actually do play it for the storyline, and Blazblue mopped up with this.  King of Fighters has a rich history and lots of storyline to it.  Besides the team story that goes in arcade mode, some more detailing could go in story mode and even have a single character mode to show their individual stories.

Shiranui_ninja

Re: The King of Fighters XIII Home Port Wishlist
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 10:41:59 AM »
I think game should have some good offline modes too. A lot of casual players don't like to play internet because they aren't so good, and prefers play mode story, mission mode, trials mode, survival, etc. I think these modes are important too.

Some extra escenarios and maybe 2 or 3 extra characters could be cool. And alternative palettes like Raiden, Mr.Karate, Yuri ponytail, etc. for the of the cast via DLC could be a nice way to make money (like alternative outfits for SFIV)

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 10:47:30 AM »
I think game should have some good offline modes too. A lot of casual players don't like to play internet because they aren't so good, and prefers play mode story, mission mode, trials mode, survival, etc. I think these modes are important too.

Some extra escenarios and maybe 2 or 3 extra characters could be cool. And alternative palettes like Raiden, Mr.Karate, Yuri ponytail, etc. for the of the cast via DLC could be a nice way to make money (like alternative outfits for SFIV)

You're right on offline modes.  I was thinking about that and I'd put stuff like this in.

Challenge Mode:  Do certain stuff to win the fights, "win in 20 seconds" or "finish them with a neomax" or "Only combos past four hits do damage" that sort of thing.

I already addressed storymode though.  I'd see the offline modes like this

Arcade
Story
Survival
Time Trial
Challenge Mode
Media mode

New Characters I wonder if it's feasible.  Alternate Palates could be good if they can churn em fast enough, but the fact they have to hand draw all of this makes it seem like newer characters are a better investment.

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 01:59:40 PM »
Arcade mode has challenges built in to each fight. For example, when the round starts, there is text at the top that says something like combo 2 lights. These get harder as the match progresses. In order to get the best ending, the player has to complete the challenges.

Edit: I didn't know the ending was determined by points. The arcade attendant at UFO told me it was tied into the challenges. Oops.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 04:40:03 PM by nilcam »

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 02:34:50 PM »
I agree with everything in the first post. I would like them to add more voice acting, in dialogues , endings, etc.

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 04:03:22 PM »
*Tournament mode with forced ratio system

I'd just like to say that I'm totally opposed to this idea. It's one thing for players to implement a ratio system to encourage variety, while it's another thing entirely for the developers to assign values to their characters. If they think the game is imbalanced enough to require that, why don't they just re-balance it?

Developers adding a forced ratio system just smacks of laziness to me.

5.  Fully fleshed out storyline
*Though it's a fighting game, there are people who actually do play it for the storyline, and Blazblue mopped up with this.  King of Fighters has a rich history and lots of storyline to it.  Besides the team story that goes in arcade mode, some more detailing could go in story mode and even have a single character mode to show their individual stories.
I'd argue that individual stories don't fit in KOF, because the story is about a team-based fighting tournament. For me, team stories are what make KOF what it is.

As an alternative, I'd suggest a simple profile mode where you can see each character's sprite, alternates, and read up on each character's backstory. Also, perhaps they could add a tracker for keeping track of what intros and win-quotes you've seen for each character.

Arcade mode has challenges built in to each fight. For example, when the round starts, there is text at the top that says something like combo 2 lights. These get harder as the match progresses. In order to get the best ending, the player has to complete the challenges.

In order to get the good ending, you just need to clear stage 6 with over 2.5 million points. The challenges don't have any direct influence over that. All the challenges do is give you more bar and drive meter, which is quite nice, as it allows you to do more combos. (Actually, the challenges can also add 10K to your score, but it still only indirectly affects the ending.)

Also, there isn't a great deal of variety in the challenges (there are eight total), and it isn't character-specific. I'd say there's certainly room for a 98UM/2002UM/XI/MI2 style challenge mode. In fact, I'm hoping for one.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2010, 06:04:31 PM »
fuck a ratio system, they better balance the shit for console release. only 4 characters need some sort of balancing imo, k, raiden, lizzy & kula. for the rest the game is already fair. game should have all options available for modern fighters. all bugs & glitches need to be gone. maybe a team or 2 extra just for console release. that would really be the icing on the cake. yamazaki, oswald & mary or anhel. 96 boss team would be fucking dope as well.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2010, 06:25:34 PM »
If I were SNKp I would insert a game library with 98 and 2002 UM. It would be like " We are sorry for what happened with XII there you go have fun."
Both of the games are ready for consoles, no additional work is needed and it will be a nice gesture especially to PS3 people.

Judge Fudge

• Rising Dragon
  • Judiciously Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2010, 08:06:33 PM »
But it would also be ripping off the people who bought them on XBLA, especially since 2k2UM would have come out several months prior.

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2010, 10:15:11 PM »
Well I bought 98 UM for like 10 bucks so I don't mind. I don't feel that way. I'd be more than glad to have it again with a good netcode.

If I payed 60 bucks then I would feel ripped off.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 10:30:50 PM by JohnCrawley »

JTSNOW6

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2010, 10:44:33 PM »
SNK doesn't need to apologize for XII just because everyone shat all over it.  I happen to enjoy XII and CCs for that matter!!
(Don't get me wrong, though, XIII is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY, WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY, WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better!!!!!!

My wish list (other than what has already been said) for the console port would be any of the following characters:

Duck King
Blue Mary
Oswald
Momoko
Team Garou: MOTW (Maybe replace Gato or B. Jenet for Hotaru [TIZOC FTW!!])
CYS (Mature and Vice are back, so...)
Angel
Chang
Choi
Billy Kane
Yamakazi
Vanessa (and company if necessary)

Okay, okay, never mind, I guess I just want everyone lol

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2010, 11:11:29 PM »
Most of the people don't complain about the fighting mechanics but for the shitty online code on a 60 bucks game. Anyway already forgotten xii and cannot wait for 2002 UM on xbla and XIII. Moving on

My characters wish list is:

John Crawley ( I guess I can dream)
Oswald
Iori 98

Nagare_Ryouma

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2010, 12:52:53 AM »
I also don´t agree with a forced ratio system.
About a classic Iori, well....I am a Iori player since day one so of course I would love that.
But I am not so sure they are gonna do it. Maybe they just wanna wait for the next game to do that (since acording to the storyline he got the magatama back), and then or in a future dream match just put the 2 Iori's in the game.
I would love to have a Garou Terry, in fact, I like it more than the original. But I can understand why they went back to the old Terry with XII, I mean, it is a classic.
I am still wondering if there will be secret characters, since this time they have to make it back from scratch.

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2010, 02:01:16 AM »
I also don´t agree with a forced ratio system.
About a classic Iori, well....I am a Iori player since day one so of course I would love that.
But I am not so sure they are gonna do it. Maybe they just wanna wait for the next game to do that (since acording to the storyline he got the magatama back), and then or in a future dream match just put the 2 Iori's in the game.
I would love to have a Garou Terry, in fact, I like it more than the original. But I can understand why they went back to the old Terry with XII, I mean, it is a classic.
I am still wondering if there will be secret characters, since this time they have to make it back from scratch.

You're right on the forced ratio.  That's why I said tournament only mode not for ranked or player matches.

Judge Fudge

• Rising Dragon
  • Judiciously Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2010, 02:02:10 AM »
Well I bought 98 UM for like 10 bucks so I don't mind. I don't feel that way. I'd be more than glad to have it again with a good netcode.

If I payed 60 bucks then I would feel ripped off.

Good point.  I'd pay to have 98UM with good netcode.

As for the fixed ratio system, people hate that.  Capcom tried it with CvS 1, and that was one of the biggest complaints that people had about the game.  Making it optional like CvS 2 might be cool.  98 Iori would be sweet.  Maybe just call him EX Iori or something since I doubt ROTB Iori will be used anytime soon.  I'm really not asking for anything huge for consoles.  I don't care about extra characters too much (the cast list is good as is IMO).  My main hope is for playable netcode.