Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Home Port Wishlist  (Read 88033 times)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Home Port Wishlist
« Reply #75 on: January 03, 2011, 10:49:41 PM »
having jhon in kof wuold suck ass.

Were you referring to Jhun?  If that is the case I would like to hear your reasoning.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2011, 07:59:57 PM »
This idea just popped in my head about a month or two ago, and this kinda pertains mainly to cats that don't have many people to play against or train with locally... There should be an option for an online training mode!!! Let's face it, many training modes give the option for player 2 to jump in to test some things out, but there are times where "player 2" isn't available, and not all fighting games have the "record function"... And even if there was a record function, you technically would be practicing on a situation you're controlling not because of a trap or setup per sé, but because you told the computer to do this... Record functions do have their purpose and I'm not bashing that at all (I love that ability)... I'm just saying that if you wanted to try out a setup, trap, mixup, whatever, it would be kinda cool to just hop on training mode, and invite that homeboy/homegirl of yours to jump in, and just start testing crap out... You might even get different (maybe better) results...

Now I am aware that local training mode would be better than an online one due to lag and the "lagicities"(tm) of it all... I'm just saying there should be a training mode, with the option to invite someone, or even a few people to spectate to see if they know something that works and they want to see it tried out... I know in other fighting games, I might be training, and a buddy of mine comes through, and they want to try something out, so they go in and I set the cpu to controller, and we might battle for hours, which ultimately helped our defensive/offensive skills, but we might come across or come up with something that we did know 5/10/20/50 mins ago... This same ability should be accessable to people across the state/country from each other and might produce the same result hopefully... That might be too much, but it could definitely help out the scene for the better, especially since KOFXII had that lobby system for 6 players... It would be kinda dope to see training mode evolve into something bigger and better, and in turn upgrade the level of play for people nationwide...

If this ran on for some reason, my bad... I just remembered this and didn't want to forget, so I kinda just started typing...

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #77 on: January 14, 2011, 03:04:14 PM »
I don't know if anyone noticed but since XI ( kof 2002 UM has it) the characters don't interact when beginning a round.Usualy they have some kind of intro depending of the relation between the 2 characters.I want that on my console port! it gave more personality to the game...

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 14, 2011, 07:58:11 PM »
Yeah I miss them too, even though after 3 days you just skip them, so even though I love those little details, is something that I started to don't care if are not there

The thing that I will really love to see because it really gave to some games the ''SNK feel'' is the intro stage, I don't know, they seem so epic-

Waifu Material

Mazinkaiser

• Strongest Tiger
  • Debiru Mashin
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 14, 2011, 08:13:48 PM »
agree, is a little trademark after all. and funny to see (remember leona vs chang?)

I don't know if anyone noticed but since XI

kim vs kim is kinda hilarious xD

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 14, 2011, 09:58:17 PM »
I don't know why, but special intros in XI are my favorites since they seem to be the more elaborated, that being said, they killed the father of all special intros (GEEEEEEEEEEESE!)

Even thoug in 2002um there are some ones with some obscure references that are really cool too
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 10:01:28 PM by sibarraz »

Waifu Material

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 17, 2011, 01:36:51 PM »
I think dialogues are a very nice addition. I would like to have intros animations again for future KOFs but I hope they keep these dialogues too, I love them.

Intros were cool, but at the end all players press start to start the fight and the most of times we don't see that intros anymore. And we should keep in mind that animate this game is not the same like animate a 3D game... Just one animation is about days of work, while one animation in 3D is about a few hours or less...

Man, I wonder how long do we have to wait until some info about console release... for those who can not play arcades all that silence and waiting is a pain in the ass :(
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 01:39:32 PM by Shiranui_ninja »
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 17, 2011, 04:02:17 PM »
Yeah intros were nice but they're only fun the first couple of times.

What I really miss is your teammates standing in the background and cheering you on, falling with you at times etc.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 17, 2011, 09:44:39 PM »

Were you referring to Jhun?  If that is the case I would like to hear your reasoning.

kane that would be stupid. i know your not stupid, neither am i. how could i not like jhun. hes one of the reasons why even a shitty kof like 99 can be enjoyable, thats how great jhun is. first and only time there was somebody whos at least as interresting as kim in his team. when jhun got started, he was soo fucking hard to stop.

now back to you point, im talking bout jhon aof 1&2, one of the worst games with the shittiest characters ever in a neo fighter. theres still a boatload of ff characters cool enough for kof we havent seen yet. aof already has all th best ones in kof, rest is utter crap. though i wouldnt mind lee along with ff jubei & tung in a kof oldies team. thats pretty much it.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 18, 2011, 08:43:59 AM »

kane that would be stupid. i know your not stupid, neither am i. how could i not like jhun. hes one of the reasons why even a shitty kof like 99 can be enjoyable, thats how great jhun is. first and only time there was somebody whos at least as interresting as kim in his team. when jhun got started, he was soo fucking hard to stop.

now back to you point, im talking bout jhon aof 1&2, one of the worst games with the shittiest characters ever in a neo fighter. theres still a boatload of ff characters cool enough for kof we havent seen yet. aof already has all th best ones in kof, rest is utter crap. though i wouldnt mind lee along with ff jubei & tung in a kof oldies team. thats pretty much it.

Ah I thought so, I just didn't know if that was a typo, my bad =)

Nikolai VolKOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 18, 2011, 10:33:52 AM »
Ult. would be Openings, because they fun when you are drunk; push buttons at end for selectable win poses; and your team in the background that cheer you on and fall, and troll you :P

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 24, 2011, 10:23:08 PM »
I don't know if anyone noticed but since XI ( kof 2002 UM has it) the characters don't interact when beginning a round.Usualy they have some kind of intro depending of the relation between the 2 characters.I want that on my console port! it gave more personality to the game...

Aww... and here I wanted to see Eiji flip out at the sight of Iori

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #87 on: January 25, 2011, 01:50:53 AM »
the best ones in the history of video games even are in kof 98

Vice vs Saisyu Kusanagi (pure epicnes :)) ) and Clark vs Ralph
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 01:53:34 AM by KBlackNoah »

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 25, 2011, 02:21:51 AM »

Them Vice Gifs. Yea Thats the one when she spit at Kusanagi over the brainwashing dilemma.
http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters4/vice-a9.html

When I play against Rugal with Vice on CvS2 is one of my fav's cause mature come in the scene....Pfff she should'a been in the game >_> but lets not go of topic =).

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 31, 2011, 08:40:32 PM »

I've always wondered why there wasn't a special intro for Mature vs. Chizuru. Doesn't Mature dislike the Kagura family? (Says so in her profile...)