Author Topic: KOF XIII 10th General Thread: America on Top (@EVO2013), Everyone Back to Work!  (Read 119595 times)

KLSADAKO

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
This will maybe be the last time we see KOF 13 at Evo as a main game, so what better way to end it
then to have a KOF Legend take it..

Remember Kanobilito predicted on Dream Cancel Podcast that he thought either ET or XiaoHai will win Evo..
Well one got 1st and the other got 3rd, so he really knows his stuff..

People might start saying so and so wasn't there etc..
would it have made a difference? it might have..

A week before Evo ET won a KOF Challenge Tournament in Tijuana, and that tournament had killers
that didn't attend Evo.. like Kula, Koopa, Huevo, Juan.. would they have placed into top 8?
who knows..

Would Reynalds had made any difference to the outcome? Tokido already beat him at NWM
and Misterio got the better of him on a couple of money matches.. but again who knows..

What I'm trying to say is this Evo win is legit regardless of what anyone will say..

As for the Grand finals it self I absolutely loved it, I didnt know who was going to win it
and I loved how technical it got with the little pokes and spacing..
To me this is KOF at the highest level..

people will start saying.. oh its boring they all playing Karate, Kim, EX Iori, etc..

And that is true to some extent.. but its not who u pick but how u play them..
example Tokido uses Karate different to XiaoHai, same goes with Ex Iori...

Overall I really enjoyed this Evo and would like to thank kingsofCo for streaming the Pools..

hypest Match was without doubt..

Tokido against Violent Kain..
I so wanted To see Kain in top 8.. the crowd would have gone nuts over the rekkas, lol

Another hype moment was in the match with ET against Yoshi with the Clark auto Amour on Kyo's DP...

obiiwan

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
I agree with the above post. I had a lot of fun watching the pool stream and the finals stream, though it wasn't that hype as the EVO 2012 stream that got my interest for KOF in the first place. People may complain that a few of the big names were not present at this EVO, but at the same time we had some great players make it to this EVO that were not present in 2012 and 2013.

I really wanted Violent Kain to win that match too. Iori mirrors were tense.

obiiwan

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
What happened with Cafe id Verna? Who did he lose to at EVO 2014? Haven't seen any matches (pool, casual, mm) on YT...

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
There's a tournament happening in Albuquerque, NM in late September, and they're polling for the 8th, last game to be featured. KOF is in 2nd place. If you'd like to see it be included in the tournament, vote here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SZLNQDZ

Details about the tournament here: http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/190618/the-art-of-fighting-2014-9-26-2014-9-28-2014-albuquerque-nm
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
Should we make a new general discussion thread? Solidshark?
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995