Author Topic: KOF XIII 10th General Thread: America on Top (@EVO2013), Everyone Back to Work!  (Read 119664 times)

DCLam

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
This may be the stepping stone that America needs. Maybe more Americans will start playin KOF now that they saw Reynald take home the win for our country

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
  • Plateau of Invincibility
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
^awesome interview.
KOFXIII: N-Robert, Ryo, R2 Takuma

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
More from Reynald:
Had Kane317 and MetaAbe help me create a chart for newcomers or even people who want to pick up new characters to help in deciding just that.
-THIS IS NOT A TIER LIST-
Notes while viewing the chart:
-I decided that Flame along with Beni are not higher on the technical chart because they do not need INFINITE LOOPS to win a match.
-Joe is on top because he basically needs the STUN COMBO to win most of his matches due to the lack of tools given.
-Flame is easier to use compared to 13 Iori because 13 Iori has a more difficult time getting the damage in (still not too difficult compared to other characters hence the placing on the chart).
http://www.mmcafe.com/tiermaker/kof13/index.html?tc=ya0-trm5bkmkbvkvd4fhfratgmo14ak4etht83ozjzmc7xku8pn8gnkv2w8gffkt7qk5bchqdhnbdto182as9ulna8hseph0buk0fuccd4f85tn9i9dvhbkvbsce81hwi8f931ku5tm4dymh6ilo9b-bkc-naReynald%27s+USer+Guide

CCVengeance

• New Challenger
  • Looking for offline play
    • View Profile
Congrats to Reynolds and everybody who made top 8!
Damn,this has reignated my passion for KOF!
KOFXIII team: Team Japan as of 2013

Killey

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Just got back from Evo and KoF was extremely hype this year and we got a lot of stream exposure and big stage presence. Overall, the quality of pool play this year was so much better than last year with a lot of hype matches and tons of upsets. I recorded as much pool play as I could so I'll be uploading those to youtube sometime but some editing needs to be done. Personally, I liked last years top 8 better than this years but this year was extremely good as well. That being said, I think we would've had a different land scape if BALA, Koopa, and Huevo attended this year.

I think this is what I managed to record:

Tokido vs Zeroblack
Fox vs Haregoro (maybe it was Umezono I can't remember atm)
Sange Tencho (thanks to the facebook group for identifying this player for me) vs Ren
Kyabetsu vs Ren
Mr.KoF vs Cafe ID Verna
Mr.KoF vs Luffy
Reynald vs Dakou

That's all I can remember right now but I think I manage to get a few more vids than this.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 01:12:22 AM by Killey »

Light13

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Sange maybe? Tokido vs Zeroblack was a good one Zero's 1st match of the day too. I really wanted to see Haregoro's Joe and ET's Clark in top 8 I think those two characters would have been hype on the big stage.

chessmaster

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
More from Reynald:
Had Kane317 and MetaAbe help me create a chart for newcomers or even people who want to pick up new characters to help in deciding just that.
-THIS IS NOT A TIER LIST-
Notes while viewing the chart:
-I decided that Flame along with Beni are not higher on the technical chart because they do not need INFINITE LOOPS to win a match.
-Joe is on top because he basically needs the STUN COMBO to win most of his matches due to the lack of tools given.
-Flame is easier to use compared to 13 Iori because 13 Iori has a more difficult time getting the damage in (still not too difficult compared to other characters hence the placing on the chart).
http://www.mmcafe.com/tiermaker/kof13/index.html?tc=ya0-trm5bkmkbvkvd4fhfratgmo14ak4etht83ozjzmc7xku8pn8gnkv2w8gffkt7qk5bchqdhnbdto182as9ulna8hseph0buk0fuccd4f85tn9i9dvhbkvbsce81hwi8f931ku5tm4dymh6ilo9b-bkc-naReynald%27s+USer+Guide
Where did you get this? And I was too busy watching injustice during kof. Will there be vids on YouTube? I can watch streams live on twitch, but can't watch the archives because I can't dl whatever is needed.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Results have been updated.  Browse around http://evo2013.s3.amazonaws.com/brackets/kof13_i52.html

Inspectah Ed

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
This may be the stepping stone that America needs. Maybe more Americans will start playin KOF now that they saw Reynald take home the win for our country
Yeah, I hope it also brings back the players that left too. :)

Frofighter

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
    • Riyadh FGC - Newly-established Youtube page for the FGC of Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Yeah, I hope it also brings back the players that left too. :)

Not just America. The GCC area(That is, countries including Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Bahrain, and Qatar) have been getting back into it, too! Evo was mad hype just as it had been the year before, and I think it inspired a lot of people to try to up their game, and our local SF scene actually has a couple players interested in learning the game!

"NO PROBREM!" -Terry, KOF 2002/UM

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile

CONGRATS REYNALD!

Well deserved.

I thought the Japanese other than Hee San Woo would do much better honestly but I think they lack international competition. All they fight against is themselves, no international experience.

I feel sorry for Mr.KoF. He did put in great effort and I think he could have done much better.

Great Evo this year and I hope we'll see a better one next year.

THEY SHOULD HAVE STREAMED MORE MATCHES! I think freaking smash got more!

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
Been a while for me, but after a great evo and in terms of getting back to work - SNKP will be manning their posts too.

http://next.rikunabi.com/company/cmi2037615001/nx1_rq0009773615/?fr=cp_s00700&list_disp_no=6

(try google translating to see the general gist of it)

^Job posting for dev work on the next KOF and Sam Spirits. Will be representative of a 20+ yr anniversary for both franchises so hoping this pans out well.

A very good sign that XIII has paid off on the business side enough that we should see more of the same down the pipe.

LazieFreddy

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
This is awesome.  I can't wait for the next samurai spirits.  A little bit bummed that it wasn't last blade though.... ;)

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
Very much with you on that in terms of chrs and gameplay in LB.

I will however accept a KOF XIV and new SS  ;)