Author Topic: KOF XIII 10th General Thread: America on Top (@EVO2013), Everyone Back to Work!  (Read 119627 times)

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Been a while Bio, nice to see you around. Sorry I've been away online. We need to have our own EVO GF soon again. My Ryo vs. your EX Kyo (one of us will bring a good Mai too).
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
Definitely keen to do that.

Shall be good to pit some new/old chrs against each other. I have at least one you may not be expecting that I'd started using (after a long break) against another friend of ours a few wks before evo ;)

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile

I am only worried that the new KoF would be in 3d or 2.5d.

I prefer old school sprites but 2.5d is more acceptable than a 3d game.

Inspectah Ed

• New Challenger
    • View Profile

I'm on the fence about the graphics for the new one....2.5d would be nice,but I rather have the current sprites,they are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy too good to go away from it.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
I don't care too much about how it looks, I'm more concerned about the gameplay.

Plus, I don't think SNKP would throw away those 2D sprites they worked so hard and intensively on to only work with 3D exclusively from this point on. They always re-used sprites over and over (with slight touch-ups) back in the day, so hopefully they will continue that.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

JennyCage

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • I see a red door and I want it painted black.
    • View Profile
2.5D is exciting to me.  It cuts costs and development time and allows for a deep level of graphical depth and fidelity.  Don't get me wrong though, I'm a huge fan of 2D art and sprite work.  I think they'll still keep those resources for other things, too.
Kick, punch, it's all in the method. Not mother approved but totally kid tested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCPTb9h2V5s

PEAH8R

• New Challenger
    • View Profile

I agree.
For the love of god, it needs to stick to classic fighting game roots! 2D please!

I don't mean to offend anyone but street fighter 4 looks so ugly in 3D, I'm sorry!

SonicTempest

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
    • Tempest in a Teacup
Looking at all the corners they had to cut to get XIII done in a reasonable time frame (bunch of normals missing, recycled frames of animation for a lot of characters, characters who are substantial sprite clones), I'm fine with them moving to a 2.5D game if it means a shorter dev cycle. It's already been proven many times over that you can use 3D models to mimic 2D sprites with the right techniques.

They already have rigged 3D models with animations etc for all the existing characters anyway since it's part of their sprite creation process for XII and XIII.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
Things have been kinda quiet in the KOF world lately. Anyone have anything new to share?
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Frofighter

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
    • Riyadh FGC - Newly-established Youtube page for the FGC of Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Things have been kinda quiet in the KOF world lately. Anyone have anything new to share?

Actually on the topic of the resurgence of KOF post-Evo, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and Qatar players have been continuing a new level of commitment to the game and we're holding monthlies out here. There's been talk of a quarterly for larger attendances and we've had Cafe Id come out to Dubai before so we're hoping for some good things to happen for our scene. We've got some good talent out here and we're working on growing and leveling up!
"NO PROBREM!" -Terry, KOF 2002/UM

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
That's excellent.

Great to hear that the scene is heating up.

I'm seeing the same out here in Japan based on commentary from players who broadcast. Wondering if there'll be even more momentum once/if/when XIII is up and running on steam with good netcode.

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
That's excellent.

Great to hear that the scene is heating up.

I'm seeing the same out here in Japan based on commentary from players who broadcast. Wondering if there'll be even more momentum once/if/when XIII is up and running on steam with good netcode.

If it comes with good Netcode, I'll triple dip.  Not practicing as much as I should, but I can still roll around with the old man.

Want a damn Vita version though.  Playing this in bed?  Now that's the life.

LazieFreddy

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Yeah, I want it on the vita as well.  They should at the very least port the iphone version over to vita.  That mobile version is actually pretty decent!

Light13

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Anyone know where I can get the results for KCE Cup 6 that happened last weekend already translated? I know top 2 but would like to see the rest.

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Yeah, I want it on the vita as well.  They should at the very least port the iphone version over to vita.  That mobile version is actually pretty decent!

Nah has to be the full game with better netcode.  I hear that the iOS version has better nutcode then the console versions.  Probably SNK spite.

The funny thing is that SNKp Ports a lot of their stuff to android, yet Vita has Playstation Mobile which is a very quick and easy port from Android to PSMobile architecture.  If they actually ported their stuff to Playstation Mobile, I'd actually buy it because it'd finally be fucking playable.