Author Topic: KOF XIII 10th General Thread: America on Top (@EVO2013), Everyone Back to Work!  (Read 119636 times)

JennyCage

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • I see a red door and I want it painted black.
    • View Profile
I'm dying waiting for this on PC. Wish SNK would read a manual on community relations and make a Twitter or something, damn.
Kick, punch, it's all in the method. Not mother approved but totally kid tested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCPTb9h2V5s

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
Anyone know where I can get the results for KCE Cup 6 that happened last weekend already translated? I know top 2 but would like to see the rest.

No,

http://challonge.com/kcecup6th

google translate doesn't do a great job, but you can pretty much tell who is on the teams nevertheless. If you have any specific questions about a team/player I can help out.

Heard this was a great tourney with rare chrs stealing the limelight till the end. Just waiting eagerly to dune to load the highlight vids up to nico nico soon.

Light13

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Thanks for the response re watching the tourney now and I can recognize the versus guys. Dune also mentioned on his twitter he might upload to youtube if that's of any interest to anyone.

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Thanks Light, going to have to tweet-lobby the man to get that done. Have lost touch since elive went down where we chatted a few times.

Easy enough making an acct these days though since niconico started having everything in english.

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Oh hey can you post the vids to the video thread? I didn't think they were available yet.

Light13

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
They are not up yet he said he might start uploading in a month I'm just watching the whole thing on nico http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv145836201

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Mr.Minionman

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
AHHHHHHHH YES PLEASE! <3333

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Great. Can't wait for more info.

Need to see if my stick can work on my PC.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
Hey! What's up with all the avatars? Hardly any of them show!

Anyways, the reveal of the Steam Edition for KOF XIII has got me excited. I'm one to believe that they added "Steam Edition" to the title not just because it's for Steam (that would be so "No shit Sherlock!" =P), but because this version will be different from the console/Climax version. More stages, MORE CHARACTERS! I hope that's true!

As for the new KOF, that's also good news, but I can't help but to be worried about what will happen to KOF XIII once it comes out. Say it's gameplay is amazing. Obviously it will have more content. Does this mean that the community will completely abandon XIII and start playing new KOF competitively? Will the community be willing to juggle two games? And if so, how will they determine which game to play on tournaments? The chances that they'll showcase both games in big tournaments aren't big.

Either way, things are looking good for SNKP right now! They better not screw up!

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page

We switched hosting servers last month and I don't have the info to be able to change the directories from the old server to the new. We also need to update the forum software because we are experiencing a bug with the quote feature and some other things...also I need to upload new podcast episodes too...

I hope the Steam Edition isn't a big difference between the console version. I hope it's the console/climax version with just better netplay.

"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
Adelheid please

And oh my god, KoF in Steam will be a day 1 buy for me.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile

Anyways, the reveal of the Steam Edition for KOF XIII has got me excited. I'm one to believe that they added "Steam Edition" to the title not just because it's for Steam (that would be so "No shit Sherlock!" =P), but because this version will be different from the console/Climax version. More stages, MORE CHARACTERS! I hope that's true!

As for the new KOF, that's also good news, but I can't help but to be worried about what will happen to KOF XIII once it comes out. Say it's gameplay is amazing. Obviously it will have more content. Does this mean that the community will completely abandon XIII and start playing new KOF competitively? Will the community be willing to juggle two games? And if so, how will they determine which game to play on tournaments? The chances that they'll showcase both games in big tournaments aren't big.

Either way, things are looking good for SNKP right now! They better not screw up!
it probably wont be anything more than the console version or climax due to the fact that pc gaming isn't that popular in japan, especially since the pc market isn't that big for fighting games in both us and japan, still excited either way though

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile

it probably wont be anything more than the console version or climax due to the fact that pc gaming isn't that popular in japan, especially since the pc market isn't that big for fighting games in both us and japan, still excited either way though
also i hear the game is rumored to come with a copy of 98 or 02 not sure about the version though

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
XIII SE coming with 98 or 02 does sound too good to be true.

I'm also hoping for a port with very little differences between the console/Climax edition, unless they plan to bring the additions to consoles too.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995