Author Topic: KOF XIII 10th General Thread: America on Top (@EVO2013), Everyone Back to Work!  (Read 119585 times)

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
^ You can play Garou on PC on GGPO.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Mr.Minionman

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Preordered and signed up for the beta. Let's hope there's some meat behind the bold, underlined "vastly improved netcode" statement :P

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
Will be playing the beta-test lottery very soon.

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
Few weeks ago, Finland, Kolari

"Hey, the EVO 2013 was on not long time ago. It probably was Capcom-fest, but... Hey KOF XIII was there. Apparently game is not dead yet. I wish I could play that game, it still looks so awesome. Probably should boot my PS2 again and play some KOF XI, the best 2D-fighter ever."

Last week, Finland, Kolari.

"What should I do... Hey, I'll check that Dream Cancel site. What has happened since I last visited"

"Hmh... I'll check the news on the front page and... What's this? PC version of KOF XIII rumors?! I hope this is true..."

Today, Finland, Kittilä.

"Aah, what's the daily sale on Steam today... !!!! Pre-order King of Fighters XIII Steam Edition?!"

*Pre-order's the game"

"Aaah, that felt good... Fuck Skullgirls, THIS is THE fighting for the PC right now!! Now I can talk about the game, when I can actually play it... Well few years after the console release, but still, good enough."
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Not huge news but found a list of companies at the Tokyo Game Show and SNK Playmore is on the list.  Here's hoping they talk about the next KOF game, but I doubt it. My guess is the Arcade Expo (forgot the official name) that happens I think Nov or Dec.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/28/tgs-2013-181-companies-confirmed-for-september-conference/
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
@Custle - a nice account indeed

@Bakaboy - Thanks for noting that, hopeful as well.

Hopefully it's not solely for talking about mobile crap or their new art of fighting pachinko/slots game. (although I do purely like the animations)

kin3tix

• New Challenger
    • View Profile

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
Come to think of it, it should be their 20th anniversary next year.

LazieFreddy

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
I am not that hopeful in regards to TGA.  SNKP is only listed under the business meeting area.  Most likely they won't have anything to show to the public.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
New announcement regarding SE:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/222940/announcements/detail/1695890246258773576

I'm still skeptical about this netcode...Fixed frame rate means that it will hella choppy for people with lower PC specs? I'm guessing they are still working with input delay rather than rollback?
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Dandy J

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
it doesnt mean anything in terms of how the netcode will work, it just means that one person cannot force the game run at a slower speed for someone else in order to keep the game synchronized

Mr.Minionman

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
I'm thinking fixed frame rate is just implying it'll cap at 60, so you don''t have people shooting over a hundred for no reason. Frame rate is more of a performance thing than a internet thing.

And unrelated, I tried Garou on GGPO the other day. Rather exciting game to play without really even knowing all of the system mechanics

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
  • Plateau of Invincibility
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
KOFXIII: N-Robert, Ryo, R2 Takuma

Mikel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Some information regarding next year's 20th anniversary KOF game have been released, but let's take these rumors with a grain of salt for now.  Information comes from Evil_Yagami at Cyberfanatix.  UPDATE:  Got my gf to read it herself and she added notes to the translation, added notes in italics -Kane317

Quote from: Evil_Yagami at Cyberfanatix
Somebody is calming that he has a source in Taito Corporation that knows some info about KOF 20th Anniversary, the info is written in Korean, I tried my best to translate them using the Online Translators, I am pretty sure that I have some mistakes, so be careful :

-내년 20주년을 맞이 하는 KOF 신작은 내년 10월경 가동을 위해 준비중이며 3~4월경 상세 정보를 공개할 예정.

- Next year is the 20th Anniversary of KOF, a new KOF game is expected to be revealed in March or April next year, also the same source mentioned October, it could be the release date of the game !  The supposed announcement of the game being released in March/April, will be in October!

-드림매치로 이루어질 것이며 타이틀은 연도제나 시리즈 숫자 표기가 아닌 부제 형식으로 갈지도 모른다.
The next KOF is going to be a Dream Match, also the game doesn't have a number till now !

-참전캐릭터의 수는 50명 이상이 될 예정이며 현재 36명의 라인업이 확정되었고 이미 디자인 및 도트작업에 들어가고 있다.
The number of the characters in the new KOF game will be more than 50, includes all the 36 characters from KOF XIII !

-그들은 KOF에서 나오지 않았던 깜짝놀랄만한 캐릭터의 컴백을 계획하고 있다.
I couldn't understand it ! This part is rather confusing.  They said they are making a comeback of surprising characters that were not expected.  They also said "new" surprising comeback characters which is very contradicting.  UPDATE:  According to Madman, they are returning some sensational characters not seen before in the KOF series (other SNK games?).

-XIII 에서 사용했던 캐릭터의 도트를 사용하지 않고 1080p의 해상도에 모든것이 3D로 이루어 새롭게 만들어진다.(3D로 작업후 2D를 덮어씌우는 방식이 아님.)
 이는 다양한 캐릭터 등장씬과 기술에 따라 다양한 카메라 구도와 효과를 사용하기 위함이며 2D형식과 비슷한 속도감과 타격의 게임을 구현하기 위해 노력하고 있다.
The graphics of the new KOF will be in 3D, KOF XIII couldn't offer a real dot characters in 1080P, some parts couldn't understand it ! They send there are different camera angles depending on which "skill" they do.  The reason they are doing 3D is because they want to do new character introduction.

-시스템은 어느정도 윤곽은 잡혔으나 문제점이 계속 발견되어 계속 수정중에 있다.
They are facing some issues with the gameplay system, and still doing configurations and modifications on it !

-조금 더 유저들이 친근하게 다가갈 수 있도록 시스템을 XIII보다 더 쉽게 할 것이며 모드콤보를 삭제하고 98정도의 콤보로 회귀하는 방향도 검토중.
The system is more user friendly, seems more easier than KOF XIII, and the combo system will be similar to KOF 98 !

하지만 전작처럼 타이밍같은 것이 어렵지는 않을 것이다.
Like the previous work, the same thing, but the timing will not be difficult.

-역대 가장 많은 인원수와 금액으로 개발을 하고 있으며 지금도 인력을 구하고 있다. (어떤 기판을 사용하는지는 공개하지 않고 있다.)
Big number of development staffs and some others !

Those info are rumors, so keep in mind it may means nothing !!

Source of the information: http://bbs2.ruliweb.daum.net/gaia/do/ruliweb/default/ps/93/read?bbsId=G003&itemId=1&articleId=1170479

On topic: The fact that KOF XIII Steam Edition is based on the Climax version is a really good touch up, considering that it will also be released on NESiCAxLive soon.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 08:00:26 AM by Kane317 »

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
hey can anyone tell me how the netcode is for that one popular f2p fighting game in china(cant remember the name right now) i heard a rumor that snk might be using the netcode from that game