Author Topic: KOF XIII 10th General Thread: America on Top (@EVO2013), Everyone Back to Work!  (Read 119757 times)

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
Have my fingers gotten slower or is it the controller I'm using, because I have tough time pulling moves? Or is the game a bit slower than XI or 2003?

Additional titles have already been spotted on the Steam DB – so, there’s the chance we may see those brought to Steam.

SNK pls.
Yes, release XI on Steam and I would be in heaven. Or Metal Slugs.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 03:05:35 PM by Custle »
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

Great_Dark_Hero

• Scion of Flame
  • Lame puns are long gone
    • View Profile
    • Techno Panic Fighting Game Project
Ah... Haven't really gotten around to playing online for real yet. Tested it with two players I knew already and I am VERY pleased so far. 
I've finished a few of the character trials already. I look forward to matching up with the other players here for the DC dojo and online casuals.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
DC dojo you say? We should test our connection on steam, perhaps it's playable.

SPLIPH

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Are most people happy with the netcode for 3-4 bar? I thought it was great at first, but I guess I haven't played enough matches or with enough people.

I had a really bad time trying to play on Sunday. Played about 7 or so random people at 3-4 bars and every match was very stuttery. It was unbearable. Going to try again today.

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Dakou and Xiao Hai will attend Canada Cup 2013.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Just to let people know, we've got a Steam listing up in the Netplay section here and here. If you want to be added, you can post your info on this thread.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Killey

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
So far it looks like Dakou, Xiao Hai, Tokido, Chris G, Mad KOF, and Kensouzzang will be competing in KoF at Canada Cup this weekend. Xian can't make it this year as well. I'd really like to see a bigger US presence at this tournament for KoF because the game gets under played in Canada and we need a good KoF crowd to hype this up. Plus, as it stands grand finals looks to be Mad KOF vs Kensouzzang/Tokido.

I'm actually in town that week but leaving on the Saturday so I can only attend on the Friday. Unfortunately, Canada Cup hasn't released the schedule so I don't know whether singles starts on Friday or Saturday. I'm hesitant at pre-regging until I see the schedule. For anyone else attending please remember that the tournament is pre-reg only so there's no at the door registries.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
I hope a lot of people don't get scared off by that line of competition coming. Good luck to Killey and anyone else lucky enough to go. I'd love the chance to face any of those guys, even in just casuals. Would also be interesting to see if people start setting up casuals on laptops for SE now.

I'd say Mad 1st, Kensouzzang 2nd, and Tokido 3rd, but we'll see.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Chris G

Who? He doesn't play "KOF" and in any case, ChrisG only places in XIII tournaments on the East Coast.

My money is on Dakou and Xiao Hai.

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
  • Plateau of Invincibility
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
Tokido has what it takes to win IMO. If anything I predict a Mad vs. Tokido grand finals. I'm glad Xiaohai and Dakou are participating. I hope they have a strong showing.
KOFXIII: N-Robert, Ryo, R2 Takuma

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
Chris G

Who? He doesn't play "KOF" and in any case, ChrisG only places in XIII tournaments on the East Coast.

If you're placing anywhere that means you play the game. Don't discredit players if KOF isn't their main game or whatever but still know how to beat people, even if they don't always get 1st place.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Well I look forward to seeing ChrisG get bopped or even forfeit again.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 07:42:01 PM by Running Wild »

Mr.Minionman

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Hey, do you guys know if the pc kof is still lagging in fullscreen? I kinda prefer playing in fs, but...

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
no idea, i got used to windowed mode rather quickly actually and i'm happy with the easy access to steam chat.

Mr.Minionman

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
windowed fullscreen is optimal, but it without the option to change resolution, it doesn't really have that either :/ Idk, I like that the game got a steam release, but atm it seems just short of being a bad console port. I'm able to play online with a select few people at least, but I wish they'd have more modern options available