Author Topic: KOF XIII 10th General Thread: America on Top (@EVO2013), Everyone Back to Work!  (Read 119633 times)

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
KOF '97 is now available for Android and iPhone.

Nobody cares.  I want it on a system that has actual controls.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
KOF '97 is now available for Android and iPhone.

Nobody cares.  I want it on a system that has actual controls.

ur a mean

even though you're probably right <_<

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile

There is a kof13 climax cabinet in LieHuo arcade.
address of LieHuo arcade:江宁路77号4楼/4F., No.77, Jiangning Rd., Shanghai City
What day will you be there. A girl player says that she will be free on Nov. 16th.

great
will be there from 17th to 22 November
I hope she is free on 17th as well
PM me how to contact the players if possible
thanks

Did you meet ET?

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
Hey guys, we will be doing our first official episode of Dream Cancel Live tomorrow. Joining us for discussion will be James Jr., COMMONSENSE, Killey, Malik, Lazie Freddy, Kane317, Josh_KOF and hopefully AGE|Romance will drop in! Show starts tomorrow at 9:30pm central time. You can watch it on the front page of the site.

Sign in the chatango chat box tomorrow night for KOF Q&A and help! Don't miss it!

-desmond
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
A Taiwanese arcade stick company KDIT plans to sponsor ftg players to attend tournament aboard next year.

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Infiltration said that Poongko is practicing KOF98UMFE for TGA kof98umfe tournament next year.
http://bbs.17utt.com/thread-771540-1-1.html
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 02:42:45 PM by a11111357 »

Asica604

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Hey guys wasn't sure where to ask this, so here goes:

I'm currently building my first ever KOF team. Currently the characters I feel most comfortable with are King, Ryo & Andy. Two questions:

1) Of these 3 chars, who has the easiest possible HD combo? I'm still working on my execution but would appreciate a heads up in the right direction.
2) Given answer to #1, what team order should I use? Currently I'm thinking King, Ryo, Andy, just because Andy has a sweet NeoMax. However I've had some small success in getting a HD combo going with King. Everyone just says how good a point character she is though so I kept her there.

Any input appreciated! :D

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Hey guys wasn't sure where to ask this, so here goes:

I'm currently building my first ever KOF team. Currently the characters I feel most comfortable with are King, Ryo & Andy. Two questions:

1) Of these 3 chars, who has the easiest possible HD combo? I'm still working on my execution but would appreciate a heads up in the right direction.
2) Given answer to #1, what team order should I use? Currently I'm thinking King, Ryo, Andy, just because Andy has a sweet NeoMax. However I've had some small success in getting a HD combo going with King. Everyone just says how good a point character she is though so I kept her there.

Any input appreciated! :D

1) That really depends on which character you're most comfortable with doing DC (drive cancel) combos with. With me, I might think King would be the easiest, but in maining Andy and Ryo, there are some simple ones I've used where you don't have to use a lot cancelling, but would need a lot of power stock.
2) Given my #1 answer, maybe use Ryo as the battery (1st position). If King is the only one you know to do HD with, maybe use her as an anchor (3rd position), but she would be ok in the 2nd position I think too.

Just a note, you don't have to plan heavily on using HD combos to win. While you're learning HD combos for your team, make sure you have a team formation/plan that works without it. King as a battery works really well for a lot of King players with her reach. Basically, keep your options open and be versatile if you can.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

yamazaky96

• Strongest Tiger
  • Drunken fist
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi team Page

There is a kof13 climax cabinet in LieHuo arcade.
address of LieHuo arcade:江宁路77号4楼/4F., No.77, Jiangning Rd., Shanghai City
What day will you be there. A girl player says that she will be free on Nov. 16th.

great
will be there from 17th to 22 November
I hope she is free on 17th as well
PM me how to contact the players if possible
thanks

Did you meet ET?

ET was there?
damn
I always wanted to challenge him at KOF02UM
turned out to be so busy during my shanghai trip
but will be going again some time soon

UAE's KOF casuals and tournaments
www.youtube.com/user/yamazaky96

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-CN&u=http://bbs.kofunion.net/read.php%3Ftid%3D179259&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://bbs.kofunion.net/read.php%253Ftid%253D179259%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1366%26bih%3D622

https://twitter.com/CLking_FG

Looks like there'll be a CafeID tournament coming up, with ET, BALA, Infiltration and some big Japanese players coming.

Total prize looks to be $20,000 with KOF XIII being $10,000 (not sure if USD)

Thanks to the anon in chat for posting this.
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Ky0

• Scion of Flame
  • MIJU KUMONO MEGA [Location]: Portugal
    • View Profile
March 2014!! So long!...

Anyway, good news,  thk for share.

KoF 4 EVA

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/dec/16/poll-which-6-games-do-you-most-want-see-official-evo-2014-line/

A poll on Eventhubs now has KOF XIII at #4 for desired game to be at EVO 2014, in-between Smash and KI. Don't forget to vote if you want to keep it where it is, or get it higher.
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/dec/16/poll-which-6-games-do-you-most-want-see-official-evo-2014-line/

A poll on Eventhubs now has KOF XIII at #4 for desired game to be at EVO 2014, in-between Smash and KI. Don't forget to vote if you want to keep it where it is, or get it higher.

Well Shitty Instincts is going to be there due to Microsoft footing the bill.  So lets give actual games spots.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
That depends on how many spots they have for games next year.

True about MS footing the bill, but at least it's an 8 month lead versus just 4 or 5 like with SFxT and MK. Shame how many Jago there'll be though.
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
That depends on how many spots they have for games next year.

True about MS footing the bill, but at least it's an 8 month lead versus just 4 or 5 like with SFxT and MK. Shame how many Jago there'll be though.

At least there's a reason for that.  Nobody will willingly pay money for this game.  Might as well Street Fighter demo this shit and get that JAGO JAGO mirror match.