Author Topic: Trial Help?  (Read 3677 times)

PEAH8R

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Trial Help?
« on: July 18, 2013, 09:41:40 PM »
Im stuck on trial 3 but I figured out you're suppose to buffer  ;fd ;df ;dn ;a ;db ;bk ;fd ;a
but I still cant land   ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;b after heavy punch
any tips?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 09:48:14 PM by PeaH8R »

Malik

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Student of this game called life....
    • View Profile
Re: Trial Help?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 10:19:53 PM »
Im stuck on trial 3 but I figured out you're suppose to buffer  ;fd ;df ;dn ;a ;db ;bk ;fd ;a
but I still cant land   ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;b after heavy punch
any tips?

If you played the sample it shows you that you have to dash in right after the command grab, so run forward after the animation & continue the sequence.
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Mr.Minionman

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 10:24:04 PM »
Make sure you are connecting close C instead of standing C, the mini-dash is a bit hard to get used to, but it's not too complex

Persona

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 10:29:02 PM »
You can also start the trial with your back at the corner if you're too lazy to dash.

PEAH8R

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 01:46:59 AM »
It took me a while to get the dash but I got it, thanks.  ;)

PEAH8R

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, 06:53:04 PM »
Alrighty, trial 5

I can't seem to be able to super cancel the second rekka. I EVEN tried super cancelling regular rekkas in practice mode- doesn't work. What's the gimmick for this trial? >:l

Mr.Minionman

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2013, 07:53:29 PM »
Honestly about the only gimmick to speak of is the sheer speed you have to do it in. The super cancel essentially comes right after the the hit connects, so you basically have to start the input right after you put in the input for the rekka. After you figure out the timing on regular rekkas, try spacing yourself so the first hit of the rekka whiffs and trying to get the super there. Once you figure it, you should be able to get the trial.

PEAH8R

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2013, 07:24:38 AM »
Honestly about the only gimmick to speak of is the sheer speed you have to do it in. The super cancel essentially comes right after the the hit connects, so you basically have to start the input right after you put in the input for the rekka. After you figure out the timing on regular rekkas, try spacing yourself so the first hit of the rekka whiffs and trying to get the super there. Once you figure it, you should be able to get the trial.
Wow thanks. I can actually hit both normal rekkas and super cancel but an occurring problem for me would be pressing all the directions on the dpad for the super, I keep leaving out  ;fd idk if it's my remote or what but I'm pressing really hard so it won't, yet sometimes it does.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 07:27:33 AM by PEAH8R »