Author Topic: DreamCancel to Interview AS Reynald! Submit your own questions here!  (Read 5835 times)

davidkong07

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Hello everyone,

I'm pleased to announce that we will be interviewing this year's EVO champ, AS Reynald! In preparation for this interview, we would like to give the community an opportunity to ask any questions you like!

Feel free to ask anything, and we will choose the best questions and include them in our interview with Reynald next week. We will take questions in this thread only until midnight on Sunday, July 21st PST, so be sure to post up before then!

Thanks to everyone, we look forward to reading your questions!
In it to win it!

KLSADAKO

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: DreamCancel to Interview AS Reynald! Submit your own questions here!
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 04:03:14 AM »
First of all i would like to say Congrats Reynalds u certainly proved me wrong, I had Ren or Madkof to take it just goes to show how much I know, lol..

Okay I would like to ask Reynald that in the grand final against Woo, when he went 2-0 down, what went through his mind and deep down did he really believe he could do it?

Also I would like to know what his opinon is on the overall standard of KOF at international level? ^^

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 09:30:19 PM »
^  Hmm I'm going to remind him to answer your question about the international level they way he told me, quite an interesting answer.

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 10:05:46 PM »
I remember hearing that he chose Kim at the request of his sponsor in the 1st half of the finals. What was the reasoning for the switch to Kim then (sponsor's reason) since Ex Kyo was on such a tear? Was there a match up advantage using Kim normally with the characters Hee San Woo plays? Something that happened on the games before the tournament with Hee San Woo?
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
  • Plateau of Invincibility
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 10:18:47 PM »
I'd like to hear his thoughts and reasoning on picking Takuma against MAD_KoF at that level. Does he feel it was a true counterpick to King for example? Obviously it did him very well. The thing is I don't think I've ever seen him play Takuma, period.
KOFXIII: N-Robert, Ryo, R2 Takuma

King of the Bums

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2013, 01:26:44 AM »
What are the most important things to look for in an opponent when creating an offense? And what habits do you look for to exploit a player's weaknesses?

Killey

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2013, 02:38:50 AM »
With the large international presence at Evo for KoFXIII, you played a lot of MM's and Exhibitions prior to pool play to download as much information about player habits. What did you do to try and extract as much play style information from the competition without giving away too much information about your own play style?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 11:31:35 PM by Killey »

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2013, 06:02:05 AM »
How do you overcome nerves when playing in intense and heated tournament matches? How do you prepare beforehand?

Also, how much time do you spend on combo execution? Do you have any tips to help players sharpen their execution?
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Frofighter

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
    • Riyadh FGC - Newly-established Youtube page for the FGC of Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2013, 11:04:01 AM »
My questions: Does he view his win as making him the world's very best? A few might contend that without Bala, Coopa, or Kula there that might come into question. Granted I think he's the best now, but I wonder how he feels he would have done against those guys as well ( I think he would have still won ).
"NO PROBREM!" -Terry, KOF 2002/UM

PEAH8R

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2013, 07:28:29 PM »
What was it like to face MadKOF again knowing that he eliminated you from the tournament last year?

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
  • Just move along, nothing to read here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2013, 01:40:19 AM »
Reynald here's a important question as a friend and fellow player....Will you buy me dinner and when are you gonna finish AC3?

ok ok serious questions tho: What did you do this year to prepare for EVO 2013 compare to last year? Like tournament nerves etcs

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2013, 05:33:59 AM »
"How did you get started in fighting games and KOF? What keeps you playing KOF over other games? What do you want to see in a future KOF game?"

Emil_kof

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2013, 05:10:53 PM »
My questions: Does he view his win as making him the world's very best? A few might contend that without Bala, Coopa, or Kula there that might come into question. Granted I think he's the best now, but I wonder how he feels he would have done against those guys as well ( I think he would have still won ).

Eh, winning a tournament doesn't make someone the best. To be honest, Bala, Koopa or Kula were not the players to beat anyway, and I'd still consider Bala to be on a higher level than Koopa or Kula from the matches that were shown. I think Kula wouldn't have gotten very far against the asian players.

My question would be: It seemed that Woo became more and more nervous and affected by the crowd as the matches continued on. Do you think you would have defeated Woo in a calmer setting that Woo is more comfortable with?

Honestly I don't think Woo was ready for this kind of atmosphere.

Frofighter

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
    • Riyadh FGC - Newly-established Youtube page for the FGC of Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2013, 08:11:49 PM »

Eh, winning a tournament doesn't make someone the best. To be honest, Bala, Koopa or Kula were not the players to beat anyway, and I'd still consider Bala to be on a higher level than Koopa or Kula from the matches that were shown. I think Kula wouldn't have gotten very far against the asian players.

My question would be: It seemed that Woo became more and more nervous and affected by the crowd as the matches continued on. Do you think you would have defeated Woo in a calmer setting that Woo is more comfortable with?

Honestly I don't think Woo was ready for this kind of atmosphere.

I was relating my questions to Reynald's background. He was always a player who clearly had the potential to be one of the best but was bogged down by how much he "enjoyed" making bad decisions at bad times. Now that he kept that to more of a minimum (he'll never stop being a risk taker), how does he view himself among the KOF XIII elite?
"NO PROBREM!" -Terry, KOF 2002/UM

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2013, 06:57:30 AM »
I heard you stop playing persona to prepare KOF at EVO, do you think you would place well if you have enter? What do you think of the tier list now compare to what you said last year?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 07:08:53 AM by PureYeti »