Author Topic: Leona Heidern (Arcade Version)  (Read 66802 times)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Leona Heidern
« Reply #75 on: December 15, 2010, 09:25:03 PM »
ehi i dont know if i saw it bad but does it combo ? c.B , nj D , DM ? and in the case it would  be  ;dn  ;b  ;df ;fd ,  ;up ,  ;dn  ;db  ;bk  ;c ?
and is it possible to activate HD after f.B or after c.B , B , HD , f.B or none of those is possible ?

There are a couple shortcuts: you can do d.B, qcf x2, up+D, back C.

Or I find easier:d.B, qcf, up+D, hcb C (so your one was close).  

I'm pretty sure Leona's command move f.B does NOT activate because she is in the air (although air normals do) much like Chin's df.B or df.D which you can't BC off of either. We'll double check for you (Ash's b.B seems to be an exception).

d.B, d.BC (time it like a chain), into whatever works.

Alternatively: d.b x2, cancel into d~u+ABC... works as well.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 09:30:54 PM by Kane317 »

sociald

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 15, 2010, 11:22:34 PM »
ehi i dont know if i saw it bad but does it combo ? c.B , nj D , DM ? and in the case it would  be  ;dn  ;b  ;df ;fd ,  ;up ,  ;dn  ;db  ;bk  ;c ?
and is it possible to activate HD after f.B or after c.B , B , HD , f.B or none of those is possible ?

There are a couple shortcuts: you can do d.B, qcf x2, up+D, back C.

Or I find easier:d.B, qcf, up+D, hcb C (so your one was close).  

I'm pretty sure Leona's command move f.B does NOT activate because she is in the air (although air normals do) much like Chin's df.B or df.D which you can't BC off of either. We'll double check for you (Ash's b.B seems to be an exception).

d.B, d.BC (time it like a chain), into whatever works.

Alternatively: d.b x2, cancel into d~u+ABC... works as well.

stupid capcom's games made me forget it is an half circle back not just a quarter but that was what i meant glad to know i was right ... curious thing is that im pretty sure i've watched it in a video and it combos (3 hit of course) which is pretty powerful to me ... mmm no errata corrige i just rewatched and it doesnt combo !!

thanks about the answers about HD activation
so in ur last doin d,u ABC u can use the moonslasher doin DC and sabre (just it needs to be d,ub ABC) PLUS the HD activation ( sorry if i didnt use the right terms ehehe) thats pretty cool ... but what it ll be a normal moonshlasher or EX ?

« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 11:24:46 PM by sociald »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 16, 2010, 05:46:45 AM »
so in ur last doin d,u ABC u can use the moonslasher doin DC and sabre (just it needs to be d,ub ABC) PLUS the HD activation ( sorry if i didnt use the right terms ehehe) thats pretty cool ... but what it ll be a normal moonshlasher or EX ?

Without the activation (BC), the (Ex) MoonSlasher won't cancel off the non-cancelable d.B.  The HD activation makes all normals cancelable, hope that answers your question.

sociald

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 16, 2010, 07:57:03 AM »

Without the activation (BC), the (Ex) MoonSlasher won't cancel off the non-cancelable d.B.  The HD activation makes all normals cancelable, hope that answers your question.

oh d.B is not cancellable ok now its clear ! thanks kane ;)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 30, 2010, 05:44:24 AM »

I want to add however, that you can do: d.B x2, d.A (whiffs), cancel into Moon Slasher.   This only works coz Moon Slasher has good horizontal range and d.A cancels real fast.

More Leona awesomeness.

sociald

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 30, 2010, 09:08:28 AM »

I want to add however, that you can do: d.B x2, d.A (whiffs), cancel into Moon Slasher.   This only works coz Moon Slasher has good horizontal range and d.A cancels real fast.

More Leona awesomeness.

well this just open up more chance to leona.
by the way im just too curious about the timing of the moon slasher canceled in saber, it seems the time of charge is almost like the ash's sans coulotte. well maybe a lil more of course since he has no time of charge

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 30, 2010, 09:28:54 AM »
i always had a hard time with leona's drive cancels. i was under the impression that you really had to buffer full charges. kane would probably know better than i would though lol

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 08, 2011, 02:28:05 PM »
I hit an air to air D and followed up with a V-Slasher (don't recall if it was ex or not). I think it may have some anywhere juggle properties if anyone wants to experiment with it.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 08, 2011, 07:23:31 PM »
I hit an air to air D and followed up with a V-Slasher (don't recall if it was ex or not). I think it may have some anywhere juggle properties if anyone wants to experiment with it.

Most likely your j.D countered the opponent; remember anytime you get the counter message you get a free hit.

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 08, 2011, 07:38:08 PM »
actually I'm pretty sure there wasn't a counter message. But this happened i lil while back so my memory could just be foggy.

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 08, 2011, 07:59:58 PM »
i always had a hard time with leona's drive cancels. i was under the impression that you really had to buffer full charges. kane would probably know better than i would though lol

Yes you have to do full charges. Need to do db~du+P -> f+K - this way you don't lose the back charge.

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 13, 2011, 09:05:09 PM »
Kane, I tried out the whole V-slasher thing in training mode and you were completely right about it, I must have just missed the counter message. Not that Leona needs an anywhere juggle, just would've been nice if she had it. Then again I didn't try all her ex moves (I'm trying to get her HD combo down) so I'm still not 100% sure that she doesn't. I'm just not keeping my hopes up for one to surface with her.

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 15, 2011, 05:12:15 AM »

Yes you have to do full charges. Need to do db~du+P -> f+K - this way you don't lose the back charge.

did you mean db~uf+P? if you did, it makes sense now. totally forgot about command overlap on charge moves :(

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 15, 2011, 10:47:27 AM »

did you mean db~uf+P? if you did, it makes sense now. totally forgot about command overlap on charge moves :(

I think he meant, c.db~ub+P~f+K.  I conditioned my MoonSlashers to end in ub+P now, even if I'm not canceling.  Don't do uf+P coz you get that lame overlap where it does MoonSlasher [DC], Baltic Launcher (c.b~f+P).

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 15, 2011, 06:12:01 PM »

oh right

I think he meant, c.db~ub+P~f+K.  I conditioned my MoonSlashers to end in ub+P now, even if I'm not canceling.  Don't do uf+P coz you get that lame overlap where it does MoonSlasher [DC], Baltic Launcher (c.b~f+P).

ahh ub! i think im losing my mind...