Author Topic: Leona Heidern (Arcade Version)  (Read 66766 times)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Leona Heidern
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2010, 09:44:28 AM »
Thanks for the info. I'm guessing G Saber(ground hit) still = free V Slasher in the corner at least 
If they land on your Grand Sabre from the air and it's in the corner, yes (you just have to shortcut the V-Slasher coz they're pretty low to the ground).

Not even....damn :(

Now that I think about it, it should work without being a juggle.  I'll test it out.

krazykone123

« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2010, 10:14:24 AM »
Snipped.  To the front page as usual!  (deleted anything that's been posted already) Thanks. -Kane317
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 11:37:36 AM by Kane317 »

Mazinkaiser

• Strongest Tiger
  • Debiru Mashin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2010, 01:56:56 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VynVJVTXWvY#t=02m59

HD and 2 bars for the ex dm = 100% ?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 11:27:33 AM by Kane317 »

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2010, 02:15:46 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VynVJVTXWvY#t=02m59

HD and 2 bars for the ex dm = 100% ?
No, it's HD, four EX specials and one normal DM = 100%. So five bars. I'm sure more than half the cast should be able to pull off a 100% with five bars and HD.

Still, the HD combo did really good damage.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 11:27:40 AM by Kane317 »

Mazinkaiser

• Strongest Tiger
  • Debiru Mashin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2010, 04:39:55 PM »
thanks for the explanation, i'm a poor european without the arcade so didn't notice the 4 ex special, i thought that was the normal one :s

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2010, 06:49:45 PM »
No problem. It was hard to catch them all.

One of my very tiny criticisms of XIII's visuals are the effect for EX moves. Blue gas doesn't look very cool, or very impressive, and (especially when the character's specials are blue in color) it can be hard to notice.

Gorehound

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2010, 10:31:44 AM »
When it comes to winning portraits!

Leona's Boobs > Mai's Boobs!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2010, 02:29:27 AM »
When it comes to winning portraits!

Leona's Boobs > Mai's Boobs!

I must verify the truth behind this :)

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2010, 02:50:13 AM »
It's the truth, look at how tight her tanktop is :D

http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiii/blog/archives/2010/06/10/

Gorehound

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2010, 10:57:12 PM »
^^^^^

Yep, that's the one, I have converted lol!

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2010, 11:31:03 AM »
a few questions:

- does KOFXIII still have that counterhit staggering property that was in KOFXII? i remember leona's f+C (now far C) was great because of its range, and if it counterhit, you could just run up and do whatever you wanted since the stagger lasted so long.

- does anyone know the property difference between the B and D versions of the slash sabre DM? startup? recovery? distance?

- when being reset in the air, using elizabeth as an example, after a j.C in a corner combo but right before the DM juggle, can you v-slasher out? or does the state not allow any actions from the recovering player? it sounds like a general system question, but leona's v-slasher is the only air DM i could think of that could possibly even get you out of a situation like that.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2010, 01:31:24 PM »
a few questions:

- does KOFXIII still have that counterhit staggering property that was in KOFXII? i remember leona's f+C (now far C) was great because of its range, and if it counterhit, you could just run up and do whatever you wanted since the stagger lasted so long.

Nope, it's a damn shame too coz the staggers were fun as hell.

- does anyone know the property difference between the B and D versions of the slash sabre DM? startup? recovery? distance?

Good question, I dunno.  They seem the same but I've never really tested it out.

- when being reset in the air, using elizabeth as an example, after a j.C in a corner combo but right before the DM juggle, can you v-slasher out? or does the state not allow any actions from the recovering player? it sounds like a general system question, but leona's v-slasher is the only air DM i could think of that could possibly even get you out of a situation like that.

Yet another very good question, I've never tried.  I'll add that to my to-do list.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2010, 06:07:56 PM »
dude those are supposed to be the first things you check out when playing a fighter, you gotta know the system man.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2010, 09:19:41 PM »
dude those are supposed to be the first things you check out when playing a fighter, you gotta know the system man.

not sure if you were referring to my questions but...

A) would it surprise you that maybe some people don't have a lot of experience with XIII? i played it for the first time a week ago.

B) sure, the first two i could have probably tested myself, but the last question is really situational (e.g. might only be applicable to leona) and is a really nitpicky thing about the system. it's something that most people wouldn't know offhand and would require testing. it would be helpful to know the answer for that matchup in case it ever happened (even though i think elizabeth could probably omit the reset and DM juggle you anyway).

C) in most of the character threads so far, most of the notes regarding movelists are still lacking details and properties. this is fine, considering the game is still fairly new and people are still testing stuff, but i figure that this is the point of these character threads: to compile notes and information about the characters for those who want to learn new/more characters but don't really know much. sure, movelists are there, but we all know it takes more than moveset memorization to successfully play a character. if thats all we needed, the forums would be unnecessary and we'd just download the PDF movelist or look at the master guide.

case in point, and i didn't mean to rant so much in a character thread, this is a forum. questions are meant to be asked. this community is fairly new, and being constructive by gathering information for people who come to the boards is rather helpful compared to making arbitrary remarks. at the very least, if you know the system, you should oblige us with answers.

venusandeve

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2010, 11:48:31 PM »
C) in most of the character threads so far, most of the notes regarding movelists are still lacking details and properties. this is fine, considering the game is still fairly new and people are still testing stuff, but i figure that this is the point of these character threads: to compile notes and information about the characters for those who want to learn new/more characters but don't really know much. sure, movelists are there, but we all know it takes more than moveset memorization to successfully play a character. if thats all we needed, the forums would be unnecessary and we'd just download the PDF movelist or look at the master guide.
case in point, and i didn't mean to rant so much in a character thread, this is a forum. questions are meant to be asked. this community is fairly new, and being constructive by gathering information for people who come to the boards is rather helpful compared to making arbitrary remarks. at the very least, if you know the system, you should oblige us with answers.

PLUS A MILLION!!! sometimes i think ppl are just scared to teach others the game. (don't hate me...)
KoF XIII... Needs more Angel, Vanessa and Blue Mary! ^^