Author Topic: Leona Heidern (Arcade Version)  (Read 66768 times)

sociald

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: Leona Heidern
« Reply #135 on: September 02, 2011, 12:42:43 PM »
Personally, I think it depends on what style you want to play her with. If you're really good at keeping pressure with her normals, limiting the opponents options, and pressuring them with blockstrings up close, and earring minefields from afar, I think she could be a solid second.

King, Leona, Vice also doesn't sound bad. King might be stuck doing a lot of zoning and such, since she won't be using the meters as much, but her versatility should make it simple enough to go VS anyone, and stand a solid chance.

I'm a fan of Final Round Vice myself, But I think the fact that simple combos with her hurt SO GOOD makes her a solid first too, if you depend more on cancels, and less on DMs and EX moves. She's strong enough to blow opponents away, before they have time to build their own offensive. This would give you more room to play Leona and King in a more freeing way, since you'd possibly be though a good amount of their team by the time Vice falls.

With the easier pressure of her crouching low combo, plus the amount of damage she can land with corner combos, or Midscreen ones cancelled into Slash Saber, I think Leona is at one of her best years at being versatile in order selection.

With her ground normals being less awkward, including her new ground CD, a bit better crossup potential on her jumping C, a solid combo that starts off of lows, the ability to tag more damage onto Grand Sabers with Slash Saber, and EX's that make some of her more awkward special moves now much more useful, I think she has the tools needed to make her fit into a wider variety of teams, and positions..

mmm ok thanks
leona is definitely a 2nd character ... in the 1.1 i think she could fit better in 3rd (depending by the rest of the time of course) but we have to look at the console version and damage nerfed ... but i agree on what u said about her
im glad to know that king and vice r not that bad for a sinergy with leona ... just have to choose who put on first if king or vice.
im happy to see the team i wished to use at the start can match good ... i was turning on mai (i like her and i dont think i ll drop her anyway, she has two good reasons to be used ;) ) and drop king or vice which made me saddddd but now im happy again !!!! now i only have to see who i prefer to put on first
thanks sab

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 03, 2011, 02:25:11 AM »
For what it's worth, 4leaf reported that Leona's HD combos in the console version was only a tiny bit weaker, not a huge nerf.

---

Moved the Leona and general overhead property discussion to the gameplay/technical thread.

I also moved sociald's team order/composition question to the Training section - How to compose a team thread to keep it relevant.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 02:45:22 AM by Kane317 »

sociald

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 09, 2011, 05:33:46 PM »
about the 'console' combo : instant overhead , qcb AC , dash , D ...  do u have enough time to charge the moonslasher while performing the 2 hit D ?  or is it possible to dash just doing df df and then ub ? i dont think in this last case the moonslasher come out (as much as im not sure if it is possible to dash wit the df instead of f).
if so it ll be possible to change the D with crouch C and still have the time for the charge ? or maybe the qcb Ac does enough hitstun to crouch and charge and then press C ? i just dont understand : frionel wrote about  D after the EX qcb AC. isnt D too fast to let u charg the moonslasher ?

oh and since they say maybe HD combo is gone at middlescreen r they sure about it or maybe it is just  harder to do ? and in the case it is gone there r combo with hd she can do at middlescreen now ?

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 09, 2011, 06:50:10 PM »
At least in the past KOF games, Leona's cl.D is long enough for her to charge moonslasher during it, though it's a really tight window (like 98 Mary charging (b)~f+K during f+A).  I'd be surprised if it doesn't still work in XIII.
Old man/bad player

sociald

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 09, 2011, 10:38:11 PM »
At least in the past KOF games, Leona's cl.D is long enough for her to charge moonslasher during it, though it's a really tight window (like 98 Mary charging (b)~f+K during f+A).  I'd be surprised if it doesn't still work in XIII.

this should probably be one of the things to check by ppl who can try the game as much as the HD combo at middlescreen

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 28, 2011, 05:56:21 AM »
Leona 777

Isaiah A.K.A Zaza working out his own combo for Leona at GameCenter in San Mateo. They're combos named after the amount of damage they do "Lucky 7" and "908".

Essentially, the combos are interesting because they start off with low B's and can extend into high levels of damage without neomaxing or using a crap ton of meter which makes them more viable. Anyway, just getting more resources out there. Will get the notation for it later in an edit.

EDIT: My attempt at deriving it, please help if you can!

Leona's Lucky 7's
cr. Bx2, [HD] d~u+AC, b~f+D, ([HDC] d~u+C, [HDC] b~f+B)x5, qcb hcf+K (777 damage, 2 stock, full drive)

cr. C [HD], st.C b~f+BD, [HDC] d~u+C, [HDC] b~f+B, [HDC] d~u+C, [HDC] b~f+B, [HDC] d~u+AC, [HDC] b~f+B, [HDC] d~u+C, [HDC] b~f+B, in air qcf hcf+AC (908 damage, 4 stock, full drive)

*Note, you shortcut by doing db~uf+C then B to DC the [HDC] d~u+C, [HDC] b~f+B strain
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 06:14:17 AM by Reiki.Kito »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 28, 2011, 06:21:17 AM »
*Note, you shortcut by doing db~uf+C then B to DC the [HDC] d~u+C, [HDC] b~f+B strain

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but if you're telling ppl to do db~uf+C then tap B it will not work for the aforementioned cancel.  The real shortcut is actually listed here in the gameplay technical section.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 06:23:14 AM by Kane317 »

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 28, 2011, 07:03:44 AM »
I'm sorry. I tried asking Isaiah how he did it, but he says he's just doing it off of muscle memory. :-( I thought he was just tapping the button's after when I was looking at his hands, but maybe its because he's holding uf and pressing B after?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 28, 2011, 07:04:29 AM »
Maybe I'm wrong, but I'll test it when I get a chance next time--I'm pretty sure you can't do it that way but I could be wrong ;)

sociald

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 29, 2011, 10:30:47 AM »
doesn anyone knows if the HD combos of leona in middle screen r still possible to do in the console version or r they just harder to perform or removed  ? the doubt someone moved on about this stuff is kinda a nightmare. if it is harder to perform ok but if they removed it it is a kick in the ass

4leaf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 29, 2011, 11:55:32 AM »
It was possible on the demo ver. at EVO.

davidkong07

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 19, 2011, 11:53:49 PM »
In it to win it!

TheRook

• New Challenger
  • GOD HAND
    • View Profile
    • Art is Unlimited
« Reply #147 on: October 22, 2011, 10:58:40 PM »
is there ever going to be a dont drop that combo for her and the rest of the Ikairi Warriors~

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 23, 2011, 04:23:46 AM »
DDTC is going in the order of the character select screen, so Leona will be the LAST* of the characters to go. Last one they did was Athena, so we have Kensou, Chin, Ralf and Clark to go through first.

* Actually, they skipped Ash. So Ash will be the last of the arcade characters to go. Although by the time they gets to Ash, the console version will probably be out, so Billy or Saiki will likely follow soon after.

TheRook

• New Challenger
  • GOD HAND
    • View Profile
    • Art is Unlimited
« Reply #149 on: October 24, 2011, 09:57:05 PM »
damn...she is the one characters combo list i need the most help with in understanding now~