Author Topic: Leona Heidern (Arcade Version)  (Read 66772 times)

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Leona Heidern
« Reply #165 on: October 28, 2011, 12:20:50 AM »
Throw's unblockable ;)

Since you can only techthrow while standing for me it's a high.
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

sociald

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 28, 2011, 10:52:29 AM »
Throw's unblockable ;)

But otherwise, yeah, her high/low is dangerous once she has meter. Maybe not quite as strong as it was in the past with unblockables via qcb+K, and the lack of air throw OS hurts her air game as well, but still, for a character who's about poke harassment, her mixups are pretty good (and this is where I really like having h.A cancelable, since a psychic high block against nj.D is many times worse for Leona).

what make me think r the nerfs on moonslasher and sabre.if they leaved them like in the arcade it would have been better
Are the changes to those moves really that bad?  Moon slasher is always a deathwish on block, and the increased recovery time for ground saber can't be all THAT bad considering the HD loop still works (unless maybe SNK made the recovery even worse sometime after EVO).

maybe adjusting the hitbox of b,f a or c since it seems kinda bad of a move compared to the old versions
The old (b)~f+C was basically useless outside of MAYBE trying it as a crossup on your opponent's wakeup, which would probably never fool someone more than once, and if you had enough time for that, you probably would've been better off doing an unblockable with qcb+B instead.
[/quote ]

writing (b),f a or c i was meaning the punch  movie and not remembering the name i just wrote the A - C sorry, sure with C it wasnt that great but i dont think the A version in xiii is like the A version of old episodes (im just talking without playin the game since i dont have chance to find an arcade in fuckin italy) but considering in the hundreds videos on youtube i have seen that move maybe 1 or 2 times in like 1983810480481082048141 matches means that the move suck ?? which is bad since as u said she is a zone character ... of course im not judging without playin or doing the asshole just i like leona too much and see some of her arsenal improved would have been nice

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 01, 2011, 05:34:00 AM »
First page has been updated with console changes.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 06:36:11 AM by Kane317 »

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 01, 2011, 06:58:27 AM »
I'll still be using her from time to time (has never been a main, but like her), would be pretty pleased if they left some other Leona buffs out of the blog update.

What gives me hope other than the fact that they mention the updates are not exhaustive on changes are actual  examples. It's mentioned in console testing reports that Joe's tiger kick is quite different based on whether you use B or D in consoles. (although the EX tiger kick change clashes with reports of improved invincibility on D). Maybe it will be B - fast, D - invincible, EX - both fast and invincible. If something like this is the case, Leona may still have something up her sleeve yet.

(lol, I know she ain't wearing sleeves)

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 04, 2011, 10:07:39 PM »
After lot of tests i'm going to use more consistently the hop.A V-slasher than the nj.D, because the confirm is easier, it has more range, thus you can travel a pretty nice distance before hit your opponent, it's fucking damn fast (though nj.D is faster to do a REAL instant overhead), it allows you to charge a b~f.K to punish a roll (and if he rolls in the over direction he will end behind you at s.C range :} ).
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 05:15:10 PM by Sharnt »

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 08, 2011, 09:19:47 PM »
Earlier, it had been reported that Leona's HD combos had been nerfed slightly in the console version. Is it possible that this isn't Leona-specific, but actually just the result of the adjusted damage scaling to HD combos? None of her moves have actually had their damage lowered, right?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 08, 2011, 10:16:14 PM »
Earlier, it had been reported that Leona's HD combos had been nerfed slightly in the console version. Is it possible that this isn't Leona-specific, but actually just the result of the adjusted damage scaling to HD combos? None of her moves have actually had their damage lowered, right?

One of the things that could explain is the scaling of regular DMs to 40% (vs 50% in the arcades).  Sounds about right, as 10% of her DM is 20~22dmg depending on which one.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 10:58:57 PM by Kane317 »

DeFrank

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 23, 2011, 05:47:00 PM »
I'm having trouble with her Mission 3.

It has a  ;dn ;up move following a 5 ;a.

Does that mean to quickly hit the  5 ;a on the way from 2 to 8?

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 23, 2011, 05:51:08 PM »
Yes.  [2]~5A~8P.
Old man/bad player

DeFrank

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 23, 2011, 06:00:04 PM »
Yes.  [2]~5A~8P.

Thanks for the quick response Omega. I'll try this first thing when I get home.

Although I'm starting to worry that many of these links and cancels are too fast for the quality of online play I've been getting so far.

giga_d

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 23, 2011, 06:40:11 PM »
be funny if Heidern's first name was Leon.

Leona's has a very short charge time in this game, I think it is identicle to Kim's. Something I will test and show numbers for soon. It's very hard to get used to after so long using the classic kof (96-2k2-um) charge times.

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 23, 2011, 07:31:01 PM »
If I'm remembering accurately charges times are something between 20 and 25 frames (+/- depending on characters/moves maybe).

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 23, 2011, 10:17:17 PM »
Something in the 20-30 frame range sounds about right.  It's just fast enough that you can do a cl.D, immediately charge down, and cancel the second hit into moonslasher (little easier to do in XIII compared to 2002, possibly since hitstop seems longer in XIII).
Old man/bad player

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #178 on: November 24, 2011, 04:16:19 AM »
So, what does everyone think of her "Nerfs" now that they have their hands on the game? Grand Saber *weak* version is very punishable (For Leona) but the Strong Version seems to give it's classic frametrap-happy frame advantage, letting one easily ;dwn ;b -> ;dwn ;a -> Moonslasher.

I love her XIII normals so much more than her old ones. Far C is more useful, and a nice HD starter, D is almost a decent an anti-air / anti move as someone like Vice, jumping ;a and ;b are both great, and her CD is at it's fastest, most useful yet, especially since a counterhit with it can follow-up with D Grand Saber -> (Corner) Moonslasher of your choice / Neomax!

I like the fact her EX X Calibur is faster now, and it IS nice to use for lockdown, but I do still wish I could find some other changes. Just to make her feel a bit more fresh, like everyone else. Still, she's one of my favs to play, though I can't do a slash=crazy HD combo with her at all yet :(

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 24, 2011, 05:37:16 AM »
Hey SAB, I haven't used Leona seriously in XIII yet.

Sounds like she can still hang based on your comments here :)

If you're able to, would you be able to find/point out any/which changes were not mentioned in the change log? I'm really interested to see what else they have done with her. (I realize that some of what you mention may already be doing this but getting a bit confused since I didn't use her much :P )

I have a feeling that the nerfs she got had to do with them thinking they needed to balance for her instant overhead to v-slasher being crackingly strong. In good hands it's almost unstoppable. This paired with the extra flexibility in V slasher angles...

Anyone agree with that thought? (not saying it was completely warranted considering everyone else's buffs, but figure this is the reason)