Author Topic: KOF XIII Steam Edition - Online Player Matchmaking  (Read 68677 times)

NissanZaxima

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII Steam Edition - Online Player Matchmaking
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2013, 07:56:39 PM »
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198104027808

Twitter: NissanZaxima18

Seattle, WA

- Windows 7
- CPU i7-3610QM
- RAM 8gb
- GPU Nvidia GeForce GT 610M

I have been playing 13 since launch. I have extensive time logged in online for 360 (over 1000 matches that I HAVE played recently). I think I could give a really good perspective on the comparison between Steam and console online as I do believe a lot of the people who claim that Steam is better than console haven't played console online since launch and had a negative experience in random matchmaking so their recollection on how bad the online was for console is a bit off.

I have talked to RKilley who currently has a beta key that we could possibly play some Steam games then hop onto XBL for some games and give a comparison as of today which could provide some very solid input.

I also think it would be great for Seattle to get at least one beta key, we currently have a growing scene which is scattered throughout Washington. So having a great netcode would help the 10-15 new players we have stick with the game as they could get practice whenever they wanted without getting too discouraged.

I would also plan to test out different internet connections at different locations in Seattle at my fellow players houses and what not. This netcode needs to work!
Seattle KOF

DooDaHumptyHump

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
    • stream
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2013, 08:23:59 PM »
Steam ID: ubw_humpty
http://steamcommunity.com/id/ubw_humpty/

Speed Test Results:

Computer Specs:
- OS Windows 7
- CPU Intel i7 2600K
- RAM 8gb
- GPU ATI HD 4800

I've been playing KoF13 with the San Diego scene for over a year and would love to be able to contribute to the Steam Edition beta by extensively playing and testing the netcode.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 08:33:29 PM by DooDaHumptyHump »
PSN: DooDaHumptyHump
stream: www.twitch.tv/doodahumptyhump

pablofsi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2013, 08:35:38 PM »
Steam ID: pablofsi

Connection statistics:

Download speed: 1.92mbps
Upload speed: 0.97mbps

Computer specs:

Processor: Core 2 Duo 7400 2.8ghz
Ram: 3gb
Graphics card: Nvidia G210

Runs SSF4AE at 120fps no problem.

I have ample experience playing with different netcodes, would post competent feedback and I'm active at the beta test forums.

Edit: Just preordered the game :)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 09:26:44 PM by pablofsi »

FM Sway

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2013, 10:31:47 PM »
Steam ID: Atrey
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197976081066

PC Spec:

Processor: Core i5 3.40GHz
Memory: 6GB DDR3 RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460
DirectX: DirectX 11
Hard Drive: 500 GB
Sound Card: Realtek High Definition Audio

Other Notes: For the love of god. Give me one. lol.

-FM Sway

EDIT: Okay, I guess I should put more about myself here.

I am a KOF Commentator and Player here in the East Coast, and have worked a whole lot with the community as close as I possibly can here in the Tri-State Area. I am by no means an incredible player (yet); my highest placing was only recently, 9th at Summer Jam, but I honestly believe that the competitive aspect of KOF is just a portion of what the community is about.
In terms of EC KOF, something like Steam Edition will play an important factor in our growth. We are all scattered (or team NAH...) and it does make for difficult times to session if you are not in a heavily-populated area like NYC. Online is definitely the next best step into making the community grow, which is why it's important that Steam Edition has the best online it can possibly be. If I do get the Beta Code; awesome. The original plan was honestly to stream the Beta with a Skype call from everyone playing at the same time to get everyone's input at its most heavily populated time. If I don't; Awesome. Hopefully someone can use my idea! As long as someone from the EC gets it (like Shadow and Freddie or Malik or Common, whoever!!), I'm fine with it. They all have very good internet connections! What's important is that we need this to work. SNK has already shown a willingness to remedy online play, so let's help them out.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 12:04:14 AM by FullMetal »

COMMONSENSE

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2013, 11:17:37 PM »
Twitter: @PROFESSIONALeon

SteamID: Commonsens8

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198102495027

-Windows 7
-Pentium 4
-RAM 4gb
-GPU GeForce 520

I am a very dedicated KOFXIII player.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 07:46:52 PM by COMMONSENSE »
Twitter:@PROFESSIONALeon
XBL:PROFESSIONALeon

BouncingSoul

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2013, 12:41:21 AM »

Steam ID

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044914861/

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Intel Core i7 2.6 ghz
8gig Ram
Graphics Card: Ati Radeon HD 5870
Sound Card: EAX Advanced HD 4.0
Hard Drive: 1 TB
Direct X 11

I would make a good beta tester as I am a current KOF XIII player, and I know what too look for when it comes to lag and how it affects things like combos. Many of the players in the beta have no clue how to play the game save a few like Juicebox, Hellpockets, Manchests and a few others, I think the beta would be better served by those who actually grind out this game on a weekly basis rather than someone looking to just play a game before its out.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 08:46:12 PM by BouncingSoul »

KCs NOTORIOUS

• New Challenger
  • Gettin Better
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2013, 02:07:48 AM »

http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/X54C/#specifications

steam:kcsnotor1ous
CPU: Intel Pentium B960, 2.2 GHz
MEMORY: 6GB
GRAPHICS: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Dynamic Video Memory Technology 5.0

I think I'd be a good tester because I'm a seasoned KoF XIII player now. I've met tons of people from this website at majors and have gotten to know a good handful of them. I'm not the greatest out there yet, but i did do pretty well from the majors i've attended. (9th at Final Round) (13th at UFGT) I feel like there are certain aspects to the gameplay that not a lot of people see and I'd like to give my input to a company that's help foster so many friendships for me.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 02:14:03 AM by KCs NOTORIOUS »
Steam Id: KCsNOTOR1OUS
Midwest KoF rep

"No Justice, Just Us"

kmg5661_Lacid

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2013, 02:12:17 AM »
Steam INFO
steam name - nax http://steamcommunity.com/id/jewce

Connection INFO
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2917891249

Computer Specs
CPU: Intel quad q8200 2.33g
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5770
RAM: 4 GB
Hard Drive: 500 GB
Sound Card:  RealTek HD Sound

Why I'll be a good Beta Tester:

i'm lacid

i got 5th place at 2012 evo  i want to test something for fighting game at pc and i want to streaming early

oilstain

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2013, 02:41:03 AM »
http://steamcommunity.com/id/kyushyu

Speed: 10mbs down, 5mbs up

Verizon FiOS, wired connection directly to my modem

Specs:
Windows 7 x64 premium
Processor : intel core 2 quad
RAM : 8gb ddr2
GPU : 9800GT 1gb

I actually thought I had an account on here, I've lurked dreamcancel for awhile, mainly for real bout 2 and kof 13 stuff. As far as fighting games go, I really only play super sf2 turbo on ggpo(would like to change that to be KOF 13 as I enjoy it more). Although I did get an xbox 360, evo monitor and vga cable specifically for kof 13 and was lugging it around my city trying to get people to play. ended up selling the set up for motorcycle parts. As for SNK stuff, I love real bout 2, kof98, etc my local arcade here has a neo geo cab with rb2 and kof97  and it's the only one I play on (top score on RB2). Everyone else plays mvc2/xmen vs sf (ew). kof 13 has been the only next gen fighter I've been interested in. I actually think SNK chars have a lot more depth and better design to them than capcom.

Why I think I'd be a good tester, well, I'm unemployed atm for one so I got plenty of time to kill. Second, what's been interesting me is messing with the game files to find any exploits if possible (have 3 of the same char on one team? boss chars? who knows) and yeah I do know how to play the game! just not as high of a level as juicebox etc due to lack of players in my city and the bad netcode that was on console (my main team is billy/terry/exiori). I've also downloaded the arcade dump to see how it would run and it runs butter smooth so no worries there. I've also got pc game technical know how as I was mainly a Quake/fps player before really getting into fighters (I have speed run records in doom 2) so I can give advice on how to best optimize the game for PC aswell (refresh rates, resolutions, etc)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 03:17:27 AM by oilstain »

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2013, 05:07:32 AM »
Ready to rock and roll.

My application

System specs:
CPU: AMD A6-3420m, 4 cores at 1.5 GHz
GPU: AMD Radeon(TM) HD 6520G
RAM: 4 GB Dual-Channel DDR3

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2918130369

I played KOFXIII online for two years with over two thousand matches played.  I have experience with the console netcode and most of it unfortunately not too good.  I've played a lot of games using delay based and rollback netcode including almost three thousand matches of KOF XII.  Ii've used GGPO and whatever SNK uses along with various others including some weird sort of rollback netcode that namco used for their Naruto games.

I played KOFXIII online for a year and half with over 7000 matches played. I have extensive experience with the console netcode and networking in general. I'm very familiar with both delay-based and rollback netcode, having experience with everything from Kaillera to GGPO. I would also like to see if this game could run on a piece of shit computer like mine to see if this is actually viable on lower end hardware.

biryusky

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2013, 05:55:15 AM »
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2918196361
steam ID: biryusky
Processor: Intel i7-3630QM @ 2.40GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: GeForce GTX 660m, VRAM: 2GB

I am a keyboard player, and not a stick player, so playing xiii offline with other peoples arcade sticks was a tough time for me. Thats why i was so glad when steam released kof xiii on the pc, because it means i can play on the keyboard. I have been playing 98 for a very long time, and just finished my practices for 3 of characters for xiii. If i get the beta key, I will make a contribution to snk to help the netcode. My internets a little slow, but my computer will not have any trouble running kof xiii
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 02:51:43 AM by biryusky »

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2013, 06:04:34 AM »
    Steam ID: rockyminoma

REGION: North America
    City/State: San Francisco, California
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 2.40GHz
    MEMORY: 4GB RAM
    GRAPHICS: GeForce GT 240

Sonicspear64

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2013, 06:26:14 AM »
Steam ID: sonicspear64

Processor: AMD Phenom II N830 Triple-Core Processor (2.1GHz)
Graphics: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650
Memory: 8GB RAM

Not really new here (lurk from time to time). Been around KOF since 98 dropped on GGPO in 2008. I feel like I would be a good closed beta tester because I have a firm grasp of XIII's game mechanics from playing my training partner, Dandy J, all the time.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 06:29:18 AM by Sonicspear64 »

Humbag

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2013, 07:11:52 AM »

Specs:
Windows 7 Home Premium
i5 760
12 gigs ram
GTX 670

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Humbag/

Hope I can help out with testing connections between midwest players/east coast. I have been playing KOFXIII since launch at tournaments around the Midwest and am somewhat known for playing Raiden with all purple color (GRAPIST).

I also have experience in QA as I am currently employed at Volition where I have been working on Saints Row 4.
I am located in Champaign, IL.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 07:22:42 AM by Humbag »
Team IFD

initx

• New Challenger
  • Namenn jane yo
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2013, 09:31:28 AM »
Hello Everyone !

-|Steam account|-  
  http://steamcommunity.com/id/xinitrc

-|Location|-
  Île de la Réunion, France

-|Connection bandwith|-

-|Computer specifications|-
  O.S: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (SP1)
  CPU: Intel® Core™ i7 i870, 2.93Ghz
  RaM: 8GB DDR3, 1333Mhz
  GPU: AMD Radeon HD5970 1GB Ram
  Dx  : Version 11
  SSD: 128Go
  SND: Realtek High Definition Audio

I play KOFXIII since it was released and I have played more than 6000 online matches. I knew the feeling of the delay depending on the quality of the connection (1, 2, 3 and 4 bars). Beside, I also have experience with the differents PC platforms like Kaillera, GGPO, Supercade. All this which has sharpened my sense of judgment about a games features’s quality.

Due to the nature of my work, I’m used to provide feedback. So I can provide useful informations to the game's developpers. Testing all functions and reporting my findings effectively (bugs, specific details, performance etc.) in order that the game netcode improve will be my goal. Moreover, I come from France and this is the perfect opportunity to test KOFXIII Steam Edition BETA netcode between Europe and the others countries. The more bugs that get reported in the beta, the less there will be when it goes live. Understand that I take it more like a job than something just for fun. Finally, I would feel really glad and also a sense of accomplishment because I would have helped to polish a game I always enjoyed.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 09:37:44 AM by initx »