Author Topic: The Dream Cancel Wiki and YOU! - Dream Team steady mobbin'  (Read 80853 times)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Cancel Wiki and YOU! - Can't stop the hustle
« Reply #195 on: February 24, 2011, 02:27:33 AM »
Started working on XIII wikis again, small updates to Mai and more to come this week.

Did more work to Mai's XIII wiki and it's taking longer than I thought it would lol, any feedback would be appreciated. 

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 24, 2011, 03:48:11 AM »
That's looking good, Kane!

I've been looking over SRK's MvC3 Wiki and I'm getting Wiki envy. I'm starting to research changing colors, embedding video and other ways to improve the appearance of our wiki. The XIII wiki is coming along nicely, but I think we need to get a general game engine section added.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 04:05:21 AM by nilcam »

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 24, 2011, 05:42:51 AM »
It's looking good, Kane! The Gameplay Overview section is really comprehensive. My suggestion, for future updates to her page, would be to add descriptions/notes for her Normals and Moves sections. No complaints though.

@nilcam Yeah, the MvC3 wiki looks pretty slick and the interface is easy to navigate. I wish I knew how to do all that snazzy editing stuff so I could help you bolster the wiki. Unfortunately, all I can do is add information that I know.

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 24, 2011, 06:25:11 AM »
You guys add the info and I'll figure out the other stuff!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 24, 2011, 07:20:32 AM »
It's looking good, Kane! The Gameplay Overview section is really comprehensive. My suggestion, for future updates to her page, would be to add descriptions/notes for her Normals and Moves sections. No complaints though.

@nilcam Yeah, the MvC3 wiki looks pretty slick and the interface is easy to navigate. I wish I knew how to do all that snazzy editing stuff so I could help you bolster the wiki. Unfortunately, all I can do is add information that I know.

Will do, thanks for the input.  We gotta work on Leona's section asap!

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 24, 2011, 08:42:49 AM »
Oh, wow. I didn't realize how bare the Leona wiki was. I'll get on adding descriptions and notes for stuff, but I'll leave the more advanced stuff to you and Ash since I don't play her as much anymore (well, not enough to talk strategy anyway lol). I'll also see what other characters I can work on some more.

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 24, 2011, 05:37:47 PM »
I've changed the skin on the Wiki to something a bit nicer. I've also changed the logo to match the new look on the homepage. More importantly, we can now embed videos into the wiki.

Here's the code to use: {{#ev:service|id}}

The service will most likely be youtube and the ID can be pulled from the URL.

Full information: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:EmbedVideo

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 24, 2011, 09:41:45 PM »
I've changed the skin on the Wiki to something a bit nicer. I've also changed the logo to match the new look on the homepage. More importantly, we can now embed videos into the wiki.

Here's the code to use: {{#ev:service|id}}

The service will most likely be youtube and the ID can be pulled from the URL.

Full information: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:EmbedVideo

Thanks for all the hard work nilcam!  Although, I can't tell the difference in the skin, is it a minor change (nor can I see the change in the homepage for that matter, maybe it's due to my dark theme)?

Anyways, played around with embedding the video and I've come to conclusion that I personally prefer just link it directly.  First of all, when you embed a video you can't link a specific point in time like I normally do in youtube videos (e.g j.C, s.C, BC, s.C, hcf D [2hits], [HDC] air.qcb P, (hcf D [2hits],[HDC] qcb C) x2, hcf D [2hits], [HDC] qcf P, qcf~hcb+AC NM).  Second of all, doesn't embedding videos slow down the page big time, so it's kinda a win win situation if I don't--maybe I'll only embed the technical reference.

Oh, wow. I didn't realize how bare the Leona wiki was. I'll get on adding descriptions and notes for stuff, but I'll leave the more advanced stuff to you and Ash since I don't play her as much anymore (well, not enough to talk strategy anyway lol). I'll also see what other characters I can work on some more.

You know more than enough =)  We do need someone to help write out the game mechanics/system for XIII, like how Ex moves work, drive canceling, HD, NeoMaxes etc... *hint* *hint*.  Abe and Duc should be able to help out as well.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 10:22:43 PM by Kane317 »

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 24, 2011, 11:28:42 PM »
I didn't make any homepage changes, I just added the new version of the logo to all of the other pages. If yoiu want to see the old skin on the wiki, log in to the wiki, click on preferences then the appearance tab and preview Monobook. We're now using Vector which simplifies the tabs at the top of each page and uses a blue very similar to the logo. I'm looking into making more substantial changes in the future!

I've embedded a video on the Nameless 2K2UM page and it doesn't seem to slow the page down.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 11:30:43 PM by nilcam »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 25, 2011, 12:43:07 AM »
I didn't make any homepage changes, I just added the new version of the logo to all of the other pages. If yoiu want to see the old skin on the wiki, log in to the wiki, click on preferences then the appearance tab and preview Monobook. We're now using Vector which simplifies the tabs at the top of each page and uses a blue very similar to the logo. I'm looking into making more substantial changes in the future!

I've embedded a video on the Nameless 2K2UM page and it doesn't seem to slow the page down.

My bad, I just re-read what you posted and I do notice the blue logo now.

So I suppose it doesn't slow down the page but unfortunately still doesn't solve trying to link it directly to the actually time.

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 25, 2011, 12:53:23 AM »
Hopefully, we can create some nice video guides once the game actually hits.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #206 on: March 10, 2011, 07:20:32 AM »
Uploaded a bunch of profile pics and palettes for the NGBC wiki... More assistance on the way too (yay)!!!

Shinra Shiranui

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 11, 2011, 02:21:32 AM »
Uploaded a bunch of profile pics and palettes for the NGBC wiki... More assistance on the way too (yay)!!!

Thanks for the color palettes Jinx!

I added a bunch of info to Genjyuro NGBC page and so far im at 90% away from completion. If you guys look it over and find something missing or new notify me so i can further update his page.
KOF XIII: EX Kyo,Mai,Saiki

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 11, 2011, 05:25:20 AM »
Added move descriptions, move notes, and fixed a few hit detections to the Leona (XIII) wiki. Will work on gameplay overview, pros/cons, and strategy sections soon.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, doesn't she have an air throw? I was wondering if there was a scan of it in the guide that someone could put up? Unless she doesn't? Thanks ahead of time.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 11, 2011, 10:52:33 PM »
Added move descriptions, move notes, and fixed a few hit detections to the Leona (XIII) wiki. Will work on gameplay overview, pros/cons, and strategy sections soon.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, doesn't she have an air throw? I was wondering if there was a scan of it in the guide that someone could put up? Unless she doesn't? Thanks ahead of time.

I just checked, I could have sworn she does too, but according to the mook she does NOT have an air throw.