Author Topic: The Dream Cancel Wiki and YOU! - Dream Team steady mobbin'  (Read 80845 times)

Rex Dart

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Cancel Wiki and YOU! - Can't stop the hustle
« Reply #315 on: September 24, 2011, 01:09:16 AM »
Remember that we'll likely have to go through all the characters again once the console version drops. A few combos will have to be added/removed/adjusted, along with the damage values.

I'll gladly help with that project. :)

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 24, 2011, 01:14:32 AM »
Well, I'll work on Terry. Just from looking at him, I noticed that one of the no-meter combos, cr. Ax2, f+A, qcf+C does not work because f+A is uncancellable except in HD mode.

I know you can hit his Qcb+D -> st.D combo if the opponent is in the air and at a certain height. These combos:

- qcb+D, st. C

- qcb+D, st. D

50% Drive/No Meter

- qcb+D, st. C, df+C, qcb+A, (DC) d~u+C

- qcb+D, st. D, df+C, qcb+A, (DC) d~u+C

- qcb+D, st. C, df+C, qcb+A, (DC) qcb+B, st. C

- qcb+D, st. D, df+C, qcb+A, (DC) qcb+B, st. C

Need to clarify why you do qcb+D. Specifically, you could explain that doing qcb+D hitting a crouch-blocking opponent puts you at positive frame advantage. Otherwise, even on counter hit, the st.D won't juggle the opponent with a df+C, and certainly won't do burn knuckle. So that needs a little clarification.

================

- cr. Bx1~3, st. B, qcfx2+P (Needs to be kick)
================

- st. C, df+C, qcb+A, (DC) qcb+D, qcfx2+K

Can also be done with D and is corner only, the qcb+D will whiff midscreen. There's also the EX version which isn't listed.
================

- st. C, df+C, qcb+A, (DC) d~u+C, (DC) qcb+AC, qcb+D, d~u+C

This combo, as far as I can do, is corner only. The character falls and Terry is too far away by the time the animation ends in the midscreen. You also have to delay the qcb+D until the EX burn knuckle animation is over or it won't do it.

================
Not listed combo, 100% drive, 1 meter:
- st. C, df+C, qcb+A, (DC)qcb+AC, (DC), qcb+D, d~u+C
*Note: You have to do qcf+D in midscreen because Terry will likely cross up himself, forcing you to change your perspective.

Can do this midscreen.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 01:17:16 AM by Reiki.Kito »

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 24, 2011, 06:31:38 AM »
don't you guy's think that we should organize the combo's into like a BnB section? there are a lot of arbitrary combo's especially looking through the terry section. I don't know about the other ones though
   Edit
Also I really think we need to notate on the combo's, "corner only", "midscreen", "anti air only", "crouching only" stuff like that otherwise some of them make no sense
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 06:38:31 AM by metaphysics »
" you fight well in the old style"

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 24, 2011, 06:41:05 AM »
I'll work on all the loli's.

One thing I want to ask is do we only want to list practical BNBs or do we want to list whatever will work? Like with K' he has an extremely long combo section but half of those combos make the other half useless. An example would be his 1 drive 1 super combos.

- j.D -> d.B -> qcf+A -> f+D -> qcb+D -> qcb+K (miss) -> dp+A (1hit) -> SC qcfx2+P
- j.D -> d.B -> qcf+A -> f+D -> qcb+BD -> qcb+K (miss) -> dp+A (2hit) -> DC qcf+B -> dp+C
- j.D -> d.B -> qcf+A -> f+D -> qcb+D -> qcb+K (miss) -> dp+A (1hit) -> DC qcb+BD -> qcb+K (miss) -> dp+C
- j.D -> d.B -> qcf+A -> f+D -> qcb+D -> qcb+K (miss) -> dp+A (2hit) -> DC qcf+B -> dp+AC

Yes all 4 of them work but they all work no matter what. Do we really need to have all four when we can list maybe the highest damaging one and a slightly easier variation of it?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 06:49:47 AM by Demoninja »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 24, 2011, 07:06:12 AM »
Call me biased since I wrote it but I think the Shen template works just fine.

It is divided up by utility (wall-to-wall, corner only, no-stock, no drive etc...)

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 24, 2011, 07:24:16 AM »
Something I was considering was doing combo starters and enders.

For example, you just list the basic BnB of what will start a combo. For example, most combos you start all have similar enders or the SAME ender. Some have the SAME starter.

This way, you can save room and it's not the same strain over and over again.

For example, lets pick K':

Combo Starters

No drive, no stock
cr.b x1~2, qcf+A, f+D (Corner Only)
st.C (2 hits) qcf+A, f+D
st.C (1 hit), f+A, qcf+A, f+D
st.D, qcf+A, f+D
d.C, qcf+A, f+D

1 stock
cr.b x1~2, qcf+AC, f+D
qcb+BD, qcb+k

Combo Extensions

No drive, no stock
---> qcb+D, qcb+D (miss), dp+C (After midscreen combo or if opponent is high enough)
---> qcb+B, qcb+B, dp+A (At corner or opponent is falling low)
---> dp+C

1 drive
---> qcb+D, qcb+D, dp+A (1 hit), (DC) qcb+B, qcb+B, dp+A (dp+C if opponent is high enough)
---> qcb+k, qcb+k, dp+A (2 hits), (DC) qcf+B, dp+C

etc.

For moves or combo starters that have a short range of follow-ups, you just put an asterisk to denote them as special. Then you make a special combo extension section and list them, putting before the arrow that it precedes the special combo starter. That way, a person can just scroll up and play mix and match. It saves space horizontally as you're not having to read the same strain over and over again.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 07:28:33 AM by Reiki.Kito »

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 24, 2011, 09:28:52 AM »

I've mentioned this before, but it never caught on. I only did it for the King page cause her starters are all super basic.

Call me biased since I wrote it but I think the Shen template works just fine.

It is divided up by utility (wall-to-wall, corner only, no-stock, no drive etc...)

I like this setup, actually. I should probably condense the combo sections I did to useful combos. I just listed anything and everything so people would know the options they had. I also like the YT link references. The only problem is if those vids get taken down. Maybe someone could host up the vids or put them up on the DC channel for a permanent link? I could do it but damn that would take a long time lol

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 24, 2011, 11:45:09 AM »

See Chin's wiki. ;-)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 11:50:21 AM by Kane317 »

Rex Dart

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 24, 2011, 06:54:19 PM »
I personally like the way that the Japanese wiki is broken up. The four main sections are 0% Drive, 50% Drive, 100% Drive and HD Combos. (Some characters like Takuma, Ash and Joe could also use a 150% Drive section.)

Within those sections you have smaller headings for 1 stock, 2 stock, etc.

However, this system might not be best for everyone. Chin, for example, is pretty free-form with his combos. I think the current wiki for him doesn't need to be messed with much.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Cancel Wiki and YOU! - Dream Team steady mobbin'
« Reply #324 on: October 12, 2011, 06:56:43 AM »
Finished the DL section including strategy and what not, please take a gander when you can.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 12, 2011, 10:00:56 AM »
i really like the way u explained his close range game his pokes and blockstrings was explained really well good job

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 12, 2011, 01:59:10 PM »
I'm slowly but surely adding the rest of the EX characters move list for 98UM in the 98UM section, I'll be adding some simple Bnb's and etc. for some of the characters once im done with them all. Also, updating them with any useful info that anyone else post in the threads. I'd figured i'd just do the rest of the EX characters that are not available in the 98UM section of the Wiki. If you guys want, whenever you want copy the info to put it in the wiki. :)

So far, Ive done

EX Andy
EX Yamazaki
EX Blue Mary (Finished not to long ago)

Who I'll get too in time.

EX Terry
EX Joe
EX Ryo
EX Robert
EX Mai
EX Billy

By the way you guys got 2 EX Terry's there lol.

But yea, hope you guys dont mine. Just trying to help a little and i love 98 so i thought hey what the hell lol. ;)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 02:30:24 PM by biggdaddycane »

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #327 on: October 12, 2011, 06:25:24 PM »
Yeah, I (or Sibarraz) will do that, thanks sir for your contributions.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 16, 2011, 01:35:50 PM »
I reworked Kula's and K's combo section. Basically I deleted a bunch of combos that were pointless based on the fact that we have optimized combos now and don't need 50 variations of the same meter usage. If anyone wants to go ahead and delete the 100% drive section for K' since I think that's useless as well but I don't know how to do it. Then again sometimes you build the meter for a kill so I'm not 100% about that.

I also added some random notes to Raiden and Ash's optimized stun combo.

Liz's driveless combos got the treatment as well. I don't actually know any drive combos with her so I didn't touch that section.

Added one combo to Andy's section and changed the notation to look like the other pages.

I might actually put game play notes tomorrow or something.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 02:02:39 PM by Demoninja »

tastylumpia

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 21, 2011, 01:36:06 PM »
^Like you said some of the "unnecessary" variations may be due to differences in starting meter, the way the player confirms the combo, screen position etc. There may be optimal combos but there might be slightly easier versions that do almost the same damage, something like that. There's definitely some clutter but probably not all of them should be deleted.
twitter @tasty_lumpia