Author Topic: The Dream Cancel Wiki and YOU! - Dream Team steady mobbin'  (Read 80886 times)

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Cancel Wiki and YOU! - Puttin' in Work
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2010, 07:46:16 AM »
I want to help with the Kula XIII wiki, and maybe other XIII characters if i can (or if my work is good enough), but i still haven't played the game.

The most i can do is post images of each movement with their properties, trying to make it look like the Leona and K's wikis.

I have the scans of the XIII mook, and i can use the other wikis to know when a movement is cancelable, the damage, etc.

I'm accepting any tips to help me with the wikis :)

I just sent a PM to nilcam a minute ago.

krazykone123

« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2010, 06:21:44 AM »
I want to help with the Kula XIII wiki, and maybe other XIII characters if i can (or if my work is good enough), but i still haven't played the game.

The most i can do is post images of each movement with their properties, trying to make it look like the Leona and K's wikis.

I have the scans of the XIII mook, and i can use the other wikis to know when a movement is cancelable, the damage, etc.

I'm accepting any tips to help me with the wikis :)

I just sent a PM to nilcam a minute ago.

Sure thing, if you need any help just post up here

KOF XIII wiki(s) that need attention
- Benimaru
- Duo Lon
- Joe
- Kim
- Hwa Jai
- Mai
- Yuri
- Ryo
- Robert
- Mature
- Ralf
- Clark
- Kensou
- Maxima

KOF XIII wiki(s) that need work
- Shen
- King
- Leona
- Andy
- Daimon
- Kula

KOF XIII wiki(s) that are almost complete
- Ash
- Kyo
- Elisabeth
- Takuma
- Iori
- Vice
- Athena
- Chin
- Raiden
- Terry
- K'

updated the Terry page with Rex Dart's info, K's page will be done soon as well
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 08:02:45 AM by krazykone123 »

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2010, 06:57:11 AM »
Worked on the Kula XIII wiki.

Something i noticed from the XIII wikis is the size of the images, the images in some pages are bigger than the images in other pages.

For example, just compare the images between the pages of Ash, Leona, Chin, K' and maybe Terry with the pages of Kyo, Elisabeth, Iori, Vice.

Which size is the "default" ?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 06:59:45 AM by Delta »

krazykone123

« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2010, 08:02:18 AM »

Good work so far

And I'd say Terry is the default size, but I may run throught the wiki pages and re-upload bigger pictures from the mook because some of the pics I captured look a little small compared to other one's

« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 03:30:31 PM by krazykone123 »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2010, 10:29:55 AM »

Good work so far

And I'd say Terry is the default size, but I may run throught the wiki pages and re-upload bigger pictures from the mook because some of the pics I captured look a little small comparedto other one's

I wanted to resize some of Chin's images too, felt they were too large.

UPDATE: Chin is 95% complete.  Need some proofreading and some resizing of images and I'm done for now.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 01:13:47 PM by Kane317 »

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2010, 08:16:12 PM »
Quick question, is there any room for a "general strategy" in the 2K2UM/NGBC wikis and if so, where specifically in the format should they go???

On a sidenote: going to start on the NGBC wiki this week, and help out more on the 2K2UM portions if possible...

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2010, 10:47:54 PM »
Quick question, is there any room for a "general strategy" in the 2K2UM/NGBC wikis and if so, where specifically in the format should they go???

On a sidenote: going to start on the NGBC wiki this week, and help out more on the 2K2UM portions if possible...

How general a strategy are you talking about? Each character page can have a strategy section.

On the 2002UM side, I'm filling in the basics of each character page. It takes about 20 minutes per character to transcribe from the moveset menu to the wiki. I'll do 3 or 4 characters per day until the basics are done. If you'd like to add in info on moves (description, damage, etc.), just bullet the info under the move by putting an * (space) before each line.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2010, 12:13:19 AM »

How general a strategy are you talking about? Each character page can have a strategy section.

On the 2002UM side, I'm filling in the basics of each character page. It takes about 20 minutes per character to transcribe from the moveset menu to the wiki. I'll do 3 or 4 characters per day until the basics are done. If you'd like to add in info on moves (description, damage, etc.), just bullet the info under the move by putting an * (space) before each line.

When I say general strategy, I simply mean a synopsis of how to play a certain character (i.e.- best anti airs to use, 'X' character is a zoning type, so you want to use this move and that move to setup, best and worst matchups, frame traps, etc.). I just want to help put up some info so people can get a general feel for that character by using the basic style that character was built for, so that it can be easier for new people to pick up whatever character they decide to learn... I personally don't know all of the ins and outs, but I do know some to be competitive, and hopefully that can help both newcomers and vets learn more about their particular character(s)...

For example, 2k2UM Mature's wiki I tried putting some descriptive info on moves and what they look like, plus whether or not the move can be cancelled into something else, or if it were a good move, or whatever... Aside from that, if there were to be a general strategy section for her, it might mention some things already stated in the individual movelist (for redundancy purposes, and to help the player understand that this move is important because "fill in the blank"), but it will also have things like the play style for that particular character, good block strings to use, follow-ups to use after a CD attack, best ways to do a BC combo, anti-top tier strats, and maybe even ways to beat the boss...

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2010, 01:55:38 AM »
I think having a general strategy section for individual characters is a great idea. I would put that after the move list and before the combo section. Part of me thinks it would be good before the move list but that sort of information would probably be read once by each player. That's my rationale for page placement.

krazykone123

« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2010, 10:12:59 PM »
Combos added to the King (02UM) wiki page

Also requesting a character image for the Angel (02UM) wiki page, I'll finish the rest later on
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 10:14:45 PM by krazykone123 »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2010, 11:37:55 PM »
Eventually we can even add some minor (since everything is not included from the Mook) frame data in the wikis too.

krazykone123

« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2010, 04:29:54 AM »
Eventually we can even add some minor (since everything is not included from the Mook) frame data in the wikis too.

Yeah some of it is in there, but not enough to really make a designated section for it though

guess they can go somewhere under the move names or something

krazykone123

Re: The Dream Cancel Wiki and YOU! - Keep your eyes on the prize
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2010, 06:37:24 PM »
KOF XIII wiki(s) that need attention
- Benimaru
- Duo Lon
- Joe
- Kim
- Hwa Jai
- Yuri
- Ryo
- Robert
- Mature
- Ralf
- Clark
- Kensou
- Maxima

KOF XIII wiki(s) that need work
- Shen
- Mai
- King
- Leona
- Andy
- Daimon
- Kula

KOF XIII wiki(s) that are almost complete
- Ash
- Kyo
- Elisabeth
- Takuma
- Iori
- Vice
- Athena
- Terry

KOF XIII wiki(s) that are complete
- K'
- Raiden
- Chin

Updated, the complete pages require little to no edits what so ever, Shen (XIII) template coming soon

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2010, 03:38:35 AM »
I added some further explanations of various movement and defensive options in the KOF2002UM wiki, I hope the information was translated properly and isn't redundant to anyone.

I'm kinda sad that the 98UM wiki hasn't gotten any love, maybe I'll try adding some stuff there, but I can't do it alone.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2010, 04:54:58 AM »
I added some further explanations of various movement and defensive options in the KOF2002UM wiki, I hope the information was translated properly and isn't redundant to anyone.

I'm kinda sad that the 98UM wiki hasn't gotten any love, maybe I'll try adding some stuff there, but I can't do it alone.

I'll try to help out... Still compiling info for NGBC...