Author Topic: The Dream Cancel Wiki and YOU! - Dream Team steady mobbin'  (Read 80816 times)

krazykone123

Re: The Dream Cancel Wiki and YOU! - Can't stop the hustle
« Reply #90 on: November 28, 2010, 05:50:09 PM »
Would it be a good idea to include more video links to the wiki's? Like:

1.) character specific tutorials

2.) character specific combo videos

3.) match videos (featuring a top player using a certain character)

4.) examples of game mechanics (like the video linked explaining the jump system for the KOF2002UM wiki)?

Also, this can be used to link to a direct time in video: http://youtubetime.com/

Any thoughts??

Sounds good, as long you fill up the wiki page along with it, half and half it if you have to, you can give it it's own designated section at the end.

Anyway gonna hook up the Athena (2002UM) wiki page next, I see that the O. Shermie (2002UM) template is up but no one is working on, I'll take it if no one wants to do it lol.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 05:52:57 PM by krazykone123 »

krazykone123

« Reply #91 on: November 29, 2010, 05:59:41 PM »
Nilcam, think you could cut these videos up then upload them on the DC youtube page? name them "KOF 2002UM Master Class *number here*: *character name here*

http://www.nicovideo.jp/mylist/11278598

Desmond came up with the idea, anyway Desmond if you're familiar with "Intsant Overheads" think you could add some info about them to the Offense section on the 02UM page?

O. Shermie wiki (2002UM) page should be done by tommorow, I didn't quiet on the XIII wiki's btw, they're just on hold atm.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #92 on: November 29, 2010, 06:53:17 PM »
anyway Desmond if you're familiar with "Intsant Overheads" think you could add some info about them to the Offense section on the 02UM page?

Ok, I inserted what I knew first hand about them but I don't have any deeper knowledge of them unfortunately.

Yup, it will be cool to get those JPN videos up, it will be extremely helpful.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 29, 2010, 07:45:01 PM »
all jumping attacks are overheads, but it doesn't necessarily make them "instant overheads". instant overheads are usually applicable to jumping attacks which have very fast startup with low hitboxes. a fairly common example is leona's neutral j.D into v-slasher. because of the downward angle of the attack, if you j.D immediately after a neutral jump, the active frames hit low enough even on a crouching opponent ,hence, instant since it's pretty hard to react to.

i didn't mean to add strategy/gameplay to the thread, but i figured i'd throw it in there since i looked that part over. also, i don't really want to mess around with the 2k2 wiki since i don't really play that game anymore. feel free to use this information, however, and delete this post at your discretion.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 29, 2010, 09:15:54 PM »
Thanks a lot FataCon for the heads up and explanation, you are totally right about that, and I've altered that section thanks to you:

http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=King_of_Fighters_2K2UM#Instant_Overheads_and_cancels_to_Standing_Overheads

Tell me what you guys think and if there is anything incorrect or missing.

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 29, 2010, 11:41:24 PM »
looks good. you may also want to add that cancelled overheads also lose knockdown properties (leona's f+B, K's f+A, etc.) and can be further cancelled into specials/DMs.

i don't remember if going into an overhead straight from a BC cancel keeps its overhead properties as if the string was reset. in XIII, it's a common strategy to HD cancel a blockstring and go into a standing overhead, since the HD activation (BC in 2k2's case) resets the string and the overhead is counted as if it was done as a standalone move. it's pretty specific and situational though so i don't know if it would really go in that section or not. it's a good potential mixup for characters with overheads, that would be good to note somewhere.

come to think of it, i didn't see a section going over BC/MAX mode (though i might have just overlooked it). i don't even remember if you can BC cancel if the prior hits are blocked, so disregard what i said if it's irrelevant.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 30, 2010, 01:17:20 AM »
You're right, there isn't a BC/MAX mode section just yet, I'm planning on adding one soon, as well for a section explaining the super meter, a section explaining ambiguous roll cross ups on knock down, and much more.

Thanks for your input!

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 30, 2010, 02:13:20 AM »
I'm working on the video stuff. My old laptop died a week ago and my new one is not yet ready for downloading and editing videos but it will be soon.

Edit: I've got the tools set and I've upgraded the Dream Cancel You Tube account to Director status so we won't be constrained by the 10 minute time limit.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 05:04:45 AM by nilcam »

Shinra Shiranui

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 30, 2010, 05:48:39 AM »
Worked on Mai 2k2um section and about 85% Complete so far.

I just need the Frame chart and some dmg info then i'll be finished and get started on another section.
KOF XIII: EX Kyo,Mai,Saiki

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 30, 2010, 06:40:22 AM »

Edit: I've got the tools set and I've upgraded the Dream Cancel You Tube account to Director status so we won't be constrained by the 10 minute time limit.

If I'm not mistaken all accounts regardless of status gets a 15 minute time limit, accounts that have no time limits on videos have been open before Google bought Youtube. :/

EDIT: Move list templates for 2002UM are up for Maxima, Whip, and the whole Korea Team. Feel free to add more information and details on moves, combos, etc. That goes for a lot of incomplete character templates too. If you have information to contribute...contribute. :)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 10:01:44 PM by Desmond Delaghetto »

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #100 on: November 30, 2010, 10:28:10 PM »
NBC/NGBC Rock is done!!! Edited Tung's page, and about to work on Ryo's a little bit... Need to input ultimate juggles explanation in the main wiki page. US and Japan tier list still needs to be put in the main page also... Hoping to have a few more characters done by today or tomorrow...

krazykone123

« Reply #101 on: November 30, 2010, 11:14:14 PM »
O. Shermie (2002UM) is almost done, just need to add frame data and info about her HSDM

EDIT: Move list templates for 2002UM are up for Maxima, Whip, and the whole Korea Team. Feel free to add more information and details on moves, combos, etc. That goes for a lot of incomplete character templates too. If you have information to contribute...contribute. :)

If no one takes the Whip (2002UM) page over the next couple days I'll take it, a friend of mine would like a wiki page to read since he uses her a lot lol.

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 01, 2010, 06:23:42 AM »
I've started the Master Class project. Parts 1 and 2 of Bao's class are up on YouTube and linked on his Wiki page.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 01, 2010, 07:01:30 AM »
I've started the Master Class project. Parts 1 and 2 of Bao's class are up on YouTube and linked on his Wiki page.

You da man.

Would adding annotations to explain whats going on be difficult?

Also on a side note, how did he change the game music?

krazykone123

« Reply #104 on: December 01, 2010, 08:08:28 AM »
Also on a side note, how did he change the game music?

For ADX sound format games (like MvC2/CvS2/NH3/etc.) there is a method to replacing the music in the game with whatever tracks you want, first you have to rip the game, then use Audacity to re-format mp3's/WAV files to convert them to the correct format (usually requires DOS/Command Line Prompt), then you have to rename the music files according to where you want them to play and replace them, then burn the new edited version of the game on a CD-R or run it on a emulator, that's about all the steps I remember.

I did it with a couple of my PS2 games back in 2006~2007, it takes a bit of work but the outcome is pretty boss.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 08:13:40 AM by krazykone123 »