Author Topic: How to compose a team  (Read 45485 times)

Dr.Faust

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: How to compose a team
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2011, 12:03:47 PM »
What do you think i can do to improve my teams for XIII(My teams are in my Sig)  My main team is the first one
KOF Teams
Beni,Leona,???

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2011, 05:29:18 PM »
What do you think i can do to improve my teams for XIII(My teams are in my Sig)  My main team is the first one

i think for ur first team you should put woo last and ralf first or second only because when it comes to ralf i dont really think you would use alot of meter compared to woo. like my team is hwa jones and woo and i know because i put jones 2nd i can use him 2 way with meter and without meter and hes not that bad when it cames to buildin meter

same goes for leona shes good with or without meter

Gimnbo

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2011, 07:00:41 AM »
One of my objectives upon getting KOF XIII is to get Arashi no Saxophone playing as much as possible, so can someone tell me if Iori, Mature or Vice are good on point? I hear Iori eats meter for breakfast, lunch and dinner so I guess I'm looking more at Vice and Mature.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2011, 07:14:27 AM »
One of my objectives upon getting KOF XIII is to get Arashi no Saxophone playing as much as possible, so can someone tell me if Iori, Mature or Vice are good on point? I hear Iori eats meter for breakfast, lunch and dinner so I guess I'm looking more at Vice and Mature.

anybodys good at point its just who would u like to use at point for example i would put vice first only cause i dont kno how to play he lol then mature then iori

but on a real note i would do mature vice then iori mature cause her rekkas and projectile really can give her a advantage if you kno how to use them right but also if she has meter then shes even more dangerous but some people would use her last

with vice im not to sure but just from what i seen she needs meter not that much but she do need it. i havnt seen to many people use her without burning up meter so.....

and of course yagami IMO he is just like mature when it comes to usin up meter but at the same time he dont need it cause he has alot of poking tools as well as keepin you at some type of distance. he is your all around type character who dont have that many disadvantages IMO so he can be what ever you want him to be.

if i was to use that team i would do vice yagami then mature. i know i said mature vice then yagami but i was thinking in the best way to build meter but with vice yagami then mature you can easily pick who you want to burn that meter cause yagami and mature is 50/50 that can use it but that dont need it

Gimnbo

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2011, 07:29:50 AM »
Well the plan was to pick just one of them and put him or her on point since you only need the point character for the team theme to play. I was planning on running Iori anyway, just wondering if he's viable on point.

I think I might be the only one in the world who likes claw Iori better than flame Iori.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2011, 10:05:02 AM »
o sorry bout that kinda shot off at the mouth there i do think claw is better then flame i mean your able to tell from XII to XIII he was just about complete. i never did like flame to much i guess to me he was another kusanagi

i think mature is a better pick then claw only cause i think she can do more without meter

HajinShinobi

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2011, 07:32:36 AM »
Hello everyone, new to the forums, and to KOF for that matter. I've been watching alot of videos of KOF XIII lately as it's caught my eye. I've been keeping tabs on a few different characters, but I've managed to narrow things down to three that I'd like to learn.

They are Kula, Athena, and Elizabeth. I was wondering what would be a good/solid/recommended order to place them for my team?

nightmoves

• Strongest Tiger
  • STAND UP!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2011, 08:11:37 AM »
Hello everyone, new to the forums, and to KOF for that matter. I've been watching alot of videos of KOF XIII lately as it's caught my eye. I've been keeping tabs on a few different characters, but I've managed to narrow things down to three that I'd like to learn.

They are Kula, Athena, and Elizabeth. I was wondering what would be a good/solid/recommended order to place them for my team?

Personally I think you order should be ordered as Elisabeth/Athena/Kula.

HajinShinobi

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2011, 10:10:37 AM »
Personally I think you order should be ordered as Elisabeth/Athena/Kula.

I see.

Any reason(s) as to why you think I should order them that way? I have yet to sit down and begin studying the game, so I'm just curious.

Mazinkaiser

• Strongest Tiger
  • Debiru Mashin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2011, 10:25:28 AM »
yu-uh i got the game too (leacked, for the original copy to play online i have to wait till 2 december -.-, italy sucks).

what do you think about my first team? King, Mature, Beni.

1)King have very solid bnb meterless (thx GODLY slide with cancel) and can zooning make meter quite good, nice pokes and good control of air too... it seems really complete to me! and have boobies too this years!!!
2)Mature lack some solid poke (or... this is just my consideration, compared to far C of king) but have very good chance to combo thanks to c.B, c.A, whatever... and but for good damage output hd bars is needed to her, the very difference from king imho. She too build good meter by the way i see.
3)Benimaru give me the impression he is a solid anchor, he have anything i need for do my best... sho, command throw (it is 1f? i think yes but i don't have chance/why to confirm in training, later i test some this shit), good fireball to dominate space (to use wisely btw cover good portion of screen), and nice very long and hitconfirmable special drive cancellable too (qcf.k d-u.k) from low c.lk and last but not last all ex version is damn quite good (and make benimaru lancer usable, and of course surprise the oppo like hell in zoning). neo max too is really reliable and i like it like hell xD

For begin of course, maybe in the next month i change character thank to the wide roster... pretty unsure about king and mature position, i feel mature as a battery could do good things too and king with meter/drive deal awesome damage and take to the corner the opponent in a moment.

Suggest hint? :D

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2011, 04:16:02 AM »
I'm pretty content making Clark 3rd. Just an overall beastly character that suits me very well. No other grappler does as well for me as Clark. Raiden just gets fucked up by keepaway so bad. Vice I just don't get. She just doesn't have overall good options unless you want to burn a lot of meter. Maxima and Goro are possible contenders.

Right now I'm just looking for: A good first character that does good damage and builds a lot of meter (leaning towards King or Kyo in that regard). The second character has to be able to counter runaway fireball spamming bullshit like Athena.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2011, 04:31:09 AM »
with the new changes to kof i am thinking about changing my team order

i'm thinking kyo, iori, k'

what do you guys feel is the best order?

thanks.

psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

steamwolf

• Scion of Flame
  • Southtown Underdog
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2011, 04:36:19 AM »
This is a subject I've been contemplating on awhile due to the fact that I'm more accustomed to single character fighters like Real Bout Fatal Fury 2 and SFIV. When composing a team, is there anything wrong with default teams? Most people seem to never use them. For right now I'm just messing around with the Fatal Fury team but are they viable for any actual tournament play? I like most of the cast of KoF and I wanna stick to using Terry, but other than that I'm kind of lost on how to approach team building or if it will make a huge difference for me. I plan to at least attend one major tournament that will have KoF XIII in 2012.

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2011, 04:47:11 AM »
This is a subject I've been contemplating on awhile due to the fact that I'm more accustomed to single character fighters like Real Bout Fatal Fury 2 and SFIV. When composing a team, is there anything wrong with default teams? Most people seem to never use them. For right now I'm just messing around with the Fatal Fury team but are they viable for any actual tournament play? I like most of the cast of KoF and I wanna stick to using Terry, but other than that I'm kind of lost on how to approach team building or if it will make a huge difference for me. I plan to at least attend one major tournament that will have KoF XIII in 2012.

team building can be important because certain characters just work better in certain spots depending on your team.

my advice to you is pick characters that you especially like, and see how they complement each other and take into account how they work. then place them in an order that feels most comfortable. there is nothing wrong with picking a default team; just have fun.
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

steamwolf

• Scion of Flame
  • Southtown Underdog
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2011, 07:40:27 PM »
Sure just having fun is fine, but I'm talking on a more serious, competitive level here. People are talking about things in this thread like "Battery" and "Anchor" and "point" style characters etc etc akin to Marvel. I want to know how the defaults stack up in comparison to other teams that are used in competitive tournament play. I also want to get some feedback on how to approach team building and what to look for, or maybe even suggestions. Just fun, casual, play is all good but not the answer I'm looking for here.

team building can be important because certain characters just work better in certain spots depending on your team.

my advice to you is pick characters that you especially like, and see how they complement each other and take into account how they work. then place them in an order that feels most comfortable. there is nothing wrong with picking a default team; just have fun.