Author Topic: How to compose a team  (Read 45155 times)

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
Re: Help...
« Reply #90 on: February 01, 2012, 07:58:31 AM »
Hey guys, I am somebody who is looking for some team order advice. I enjoy playing Elizabeth, Shen, and NETS Kyo. Is there optimal order I should play?
i would say nagi shen then liz
nagi is able 2 really apply more then those other 2 plus he has guard points on some of his move and his bnbs do about 200 to 300
Woo can also be first but it would be better if he had a few bars 2 burn

as 4 Liz i believe she needs more meter since her damage is a lil low but i dont use her that much so i really cant say

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: How to compose a team
« Reply #91 on: February 01, 2012, 02:56:47 PM »
Well, usually Shen doesn't require meter to be pretty good and he builds meter very fast due to his high priority normals and moves. It's important to realize though that he's interchangeable with first and last. If you're not interested in doing a major HD combo, he's probably your best meter builder.

Nests Kyo is fairly good with meter. He's probably the biggest meter guzzler since he'll want to do huge combos using drive meter. I'd say he should be second or last.

Elizabeth, although great without meter, can be much better with meter and if you're just starting out, is probably better with meter anyway. Her EX reverie is completely invulnerable and gives you a free EX move to boot. It gives you a conservative second who can use meter, but effectively.

So far, I'd say you got a good set of characters that can go anywhere. Try them out! But I'd suggest if you're just starting out to put Shen first, Liz second, and Nests Kyo last.

Titus Groan

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 05, 2012, 11:48:05 PM »
Hey everyone! I've just recently picked up KOF XIII and I love the overall balance of the game, which has led to me being at a lose at who to play. Perhaps you guys can help me out?

Here are the characters I messed with and enjoy playing:
  • Robert
  • Ryo
  • Yuri
  • Andy
  • Ash
  • Kyo
  • EX Iori
  • Shen Woo

While the wiki has been great for breaking down combos and movesets, it doesn't really give general descriptions of characters for newbies to get started with. What are your thoughts on these characters and possibly teams?

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 06, 2012, 08:47:12 AM »
@ Titus Groan
u should go 2 the Character Discussions and read for those characters i can only speak 4 WOO cause i dont use the other 1s u named
WOO is ur basic rush down character very powerful but takes work 2 get inside and open up ur opponent 2 me u have 2 be a smart player 2 use because he dont have 2 many advantages

Titus Groan

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 10, 2012, 11:50:19 PM »
@ Titus Groan
u should go 2 the Character Discussions and read for those characters i can only speak 4 WOO cause i dont use the other 1s u named
WOO is ur basic rush down character very powerful but takes work 2 get inside and open up ur opponent 2 me u have 2 be a smart player 2 use because he dont have 2 many advantages

Thanks!

S4b1n

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 22, 2012, 11:10:50 PM »
Hey guys,

I feel like I'm starting to get the fundamentals, and I think I've got a basic understanding of making a KoFXII team. The formula I've kind of concluded works the best is having a strong meterless character on point with a second character to cover the firsts bad match ups and an anchor that can abuse meter.

I've got a preference for grapplers/power characters, I tend to prefer short combos, not necessarily easy ones (I can hit hard links, I'm a Honda player) I'm just more of a poke and look for an opportunity to command throw sort of player.

The team I've got so far is

Clark / xxx / Goro

I'm uncertain about a second, I had Mr. Karate for a while (I see him a lot of stream) but he didn't do a lot for me. 
I feel Clark can be a real nuisance on point and Goro seems to be the strongest grappler in the game if he can come in and go to work.

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 23, 2012, 07:51:18 PM »
maybe consider robert for your second character.  He has a lot of tools, is ok without a lot of meter, builds it reasonably well, and gets better when he has some.  He also has a command throw, and gets decent damage out of simple combos
Former Semi-Serious MK9 player, Mediocre T6 player, maybe one day I'll be a Mediocre KOF XIII player, too

ultimo

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 03, 2012, 06:52:29 PM »
Hello!  With all these fighters coming out..I still want to learn KoF XIII.  Decided to make an account to post here and get more help =)

I'm really liking Mai, King and Duo Lon.  I have no clue what order to put these characters..someone help me please?

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 08, 2012, 11:58:26 PM »
Hello!  With all these fighters coming out..I still want to learn KoF XIII.  Decided to make an account to post here and get more help =)

I'm really liking Mai, King and Duo Lon.  I have no clue what order to put these characters..someone help me please?

Thats a hard one to really put in order........ i would have it at random only because all 3 of those characters can build meter and keep people and bay but if i had 2 choose a spacific order then i would say king (to build meter) lon (mix ups r really good) then mai (make her defencive moves rush down)

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 09, 2012, 02:50:58 AM »

Thats a hard one to really put in order........ i would have it at random only because all 3 of those characters can build meter and keep people and bay but if i had 2 choose a spacific order then i would say king (to build meter) lon (mix ups r really good) then mai (make her defencive moves rush down)

I second what bigvador says, except once you get really good with King, expect to spend some of that meter. In skilled hands, she'll easily take out a character-and-a-half, but it'll take meter to do so.
Duo should be better at conserving meter though.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Kokujindayo

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 09, 2012, 07:09:09 PM »
Hello everyone.

I`m going to start working on a secondary team of Kyo, Ralph, and Shen. I`m wondering what would be the best order for this team, and also what would be the best way to play them?

Thank you

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 09, 2012, 10:13:02 PM »
Hello everyone.

I`m going to start working on a secondary team of Kyo, Ralph, and Shen. I`m wondering what would be the best order for this team, and also what would be the best way to play them?

Thank you

I'd suggest Kyo on 1st, Ralph next, and Shen to finish. You could occasionally switch Shen with Kyo for first, but that's really if you want to rushdown someone. Both Shen and Kyo build meter relatively well, and can combo without using too much.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 10, 2012, 07:36:44 AM »
Hello everyone.

Thank you

its pretty much random cause all 3 of them r easy 2 use except ralf if ur not good with ralf then he should be first then shen and of course nagi

but u would really have 2 work on ralf if u want a team like that to be good

Nunoelectric

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 11, 2012, 03:44:06 PM »
Hi, I just recently borrowed the game and it's SICK!!, one of the best KOF games for sure!.

Anyways, staying truthful to myself in KOF games I'm running the Ikari Warriors Team. I know that almost nobody in KOF run preset teams, but i just love those chars since '94 (since heidern days) and sticked with them all along. I must say than the Ikari Warriors Team in this game is a really good one!.

I run it mostly in this order (IMO the most powerful):

Clark/Ralf/Leona

Clark: Amazing on point. Almost no meter to do substancial damage, and builds it pretty well with gatlings, throws and normals. The fact that him and Ralf can hit confirm from cr.  ;b  gives them scary tools to work with. Clark can be pretty defensive and mindf**ing, especially with Light SAB "come at me bro" lol.

Ralf: Good on second position, with 1 or 2 bars can do decent combos and supercancels, even from a cr.  ;b . Good battery char as well, is good building meter. His qcf+P move can annoy people off, and his C version is easily confirmable into more damaging combos.

Leona: The meter hungry of this team. Her EX X-Caliber is a great mixup/pressure tool, easy hitconfirms into EX V-slasher (out of a cr.  ;b ) . Her rapid fire cr. B into st. B chain is really useful, great hitconfirm into damaging combos. Her HD's can be complicated but are good, also is possible to keep HD combos simple and do really good damage (st. D ---HD--- st.D, f+B, EX V-slasher ----MC---- Neomax for example). Her EX moves help her more that the other two in her game.

Alternate orders are:

Ralf/Clark/Leona

or

Clark/Leona/Ralf
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 05:34:06 AM by Nunoelectric »

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 11, 2012, 11:23:17 PM »
iz that supposed to be a question or r u just throwin sum stuff out there