Linked Events

• World Game Cup 2011: February 25, 2011 - February 27, 2011

Author Topic: World Game Cup 2011, Cannes - France  (Read 15584 times)

kurama_tengu

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
    • World Game Cup
Re: World Game Cup 2011, Cannes - France
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2010, 04:26:41 PM »
The French KOF-heads are really excited by the opportunity to play you guys! (They're even planning on throwing in a team event if you decide to confirm your presence)

@THE ANSWER: You pretty much have got yourself a place to sleep (the question being: where?), but we're getting in the specifics now.

@Dark Geese: You're getting Money Matches requests by some of our top players. In the line of "Any KOF, Anytime..." : Will you pick up the gauntlet?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 04:28:37 PM by kurama_tengu »
Kuroi Mashimaro Time!

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2010, 08:15:17 PM »
Perfect, I think is time to talk to the wifey...
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Dark Geese

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2010, 11:14:54 PM »
I'm getting money match requests really? Hmmm let me hit up some of my Mexican peeps like Kula, Kane9999, etc and see if this is something we can attend!

kurama_tengu

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
    • World Game Cup
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2010, 12:14:10 AM »
Yep really, I can even whip up a list with name/game/sum if you want.

Posted lately: Rayden/KOF XI (No Boss)/100€
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 12:19:37 AM by kurama_tengu »
Kuroi Mashimaro Time!

Dark Geese

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2010, 01:03:11 AM »
Yep really, I can even whip up a list with name/game/sum if you want.

Posted lately: Rayden/KOF XI (No Boss)/100€

Interesting, well if I can possibly get someone from Mexico to come is that something they would like as well?

kurama_tengu

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
    • World Game Cup
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2010, 02:49:01 PM »
Apologies for the long wait...

The More, the Merrier! (Who can say no to more competition ^^)

TKO, our Arcade tournaments steward is adding KOF XI to the schedule to spice up the mix.

Friday: 2K2 UM
Saturday: XI
Sunday: XIII (1.1)

@You all: please confirm you presence as soon as you can, it will be easier for us to book the rooms & your name might even end-up on a flyer.
Kuroi Mashimaro Time!

Dark Geese

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2010, 10:40:35 PM »

TKO, our Arcade tournaments steward is adding KOF XI to the schedule to spice up the mix.

@You all: please confirm you presence as soon as you can, it will be easier for us to book the rooms & your name might even end-up on a flyer.

I sure will, I am doing my homework into it now actually..

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2010, 03:19:34 AM »

Still dealing with work. Plane ticket and food isn't cheap because i'd be eating good if i were to go lol. Will find out by early January.  Can you  include 98um as well on the lineup? Is there anyone in the french KOF community who has  a comfy couch for me to crash on in case i  stay an extra couple of days? i might want to tour the place and get some games in at the local arcade.

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2010, 05:53:13 PM »
Okay after talking with my wife the only way I would be able to go is if she goes with me, so staying at a couch would not work for me, I talking to Jon to see what we can do and hopefully make it out there.

EDIT: I would be there for atleast a week too.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 06:01:17 PM by THE ANSWER »
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Dark Geese

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2010, 09:51:03 PM »
Guys I need help finding plane tickets to CEQ if that is the airport, it seems hard to find plane flights from Dallas, Texas to Cannes, France so if anyone can help me get some direction I would appreciate it.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2010, 10:21:12 PM »
I dont think is to Cannes, there's another airport near by. I was having the same problem. I forgot which one thou.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

kurama_tengu

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
    • World Game Cup
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2010, 02:18:16 AM »
Ok, I'm back, let's take this in order :

@Mr.KOF: There are very few arcades left in France (a handful really) and most of them are Street Fighter centric. Also although there used to be a very large KOF community in the south of France (back in 2002, the console scene was quite extraordinary by it's size & level), it's no really the case anymore... Paris is the place to go if you want decent competition. The new arcades are state of the art fighting games meccas & the community is quite large (by arcade standards). But Paris is 900km from Cannes, so you'll have to plan ahead to go there before or after the WGC.

Frionel, our local KOF XIII champion is offering to let you crash at his place if you wish to sample the local KOF level as well as the local cuisine. I'll let you sort out the details of your stay with him.
http://console-league.com/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=69

Edit: naili_khalid (at) msn.com (MSN Messenger)

- I'm waiting for an answer for your 98UM question.

@THE ANSWER: If you want the full Cannes experience for your wife & you. Meaning no one in your apartment at night, a nice comfy queen bed and plenty of room, we can't really offer that to you.
The rooms we book are usually filled to the brim (a bed/a person) and the players move around a lot at night. The night time casuals, money matches & tourneys are part of the WGC atmosphere.
http://www.worldgamecup.com/articles.php?article=8794 (the "FIGHTPLAY GAME-NIGHT/ATMOSPHERE" video is an excellent example).

So, we urge you to book a cheap room in one of the residences/hotels. This way you will have the best of both worlds (being able to sneak out at night to play a few casuals).
http://www.worldgamecup.com/articles.php?article=8797

@Dark Geese: The Access section of the website should help you a lot. The International Airport closest to Cannes is Nice Côte d'Azur (27km from Cannes). http://www.nice.aeroport.fr/
As mentioned you will also need to buy a bus ticket to go from the airport to Cannes (costing 15,60€ a ticket). If you're not abducted by a few random KOF players at the airport ^^.

http://www.worldgamecup.com/articles.php?article=8798
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 08:09:35 PM by kurama_tengu »
Kuroi Mashimaro Time!

kurama_tengu

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
    • World Game Cup
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2010, 04:21:08 AM »
Kuroi Mashimaro Time!

kurama_tengu

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
    • World Game Cup
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2010, 03:22:01 AM »
@Mr.KOF: It seems like you're gonna get your wish. TKO (our Arcade steward) is pretty psyched about an Arcade 98 UM tourney, a high roller one.

I hope you could get in touch with Frionel (I didn't think about the forum registration factor: sleep deprivation...). Anyway, I added his MSN address (just in case...).

@All of you guys: The French KOF-heads are so hyped, the air is buzzing with electricity...
(Insert charge joke here)
Kuroi Mashimaro Time!

Dark Geese

« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2010, 12:48:15 AM »
Okay thank you for the information, Luis Cha from Mexico City is interested in coming as well to basically participate in all the games sans 13 and take money matches from everyone, but I want to know how hard is it to get a visa for someone from Mexico? Is that very very difficult?

This is the biggest determinant right now...