Linked Events

• KoFXIII @ SoCal Regionals: November 06, 2010

Author Topic: KoF XIII at So Cal Regionals (Los Angeles) 11/5-11/7  (Read 8868 times)

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: KoF XIII at So Cal Regionals (Los Angeles) 11/5-11/7
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2010, 06:53:12 AM »
It was pretty easy ignoring all the haters in there due to some of the stupid things they were saying like, "the commentators are using SF lingo to describe the matches!"

WiCKED

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2010, 09:37:49 AM »
The exhibition tourney was free to enter? I saw and played a match there, but thought it was a registered-participant thing.

Shout outs to my super free as hell Kula/Athena/Elisabeth. :3

(Casuals were totally cool)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2010, 10:06:52 AM »
Tired.  Long day, I hope the commentary was clear enough.  Although we didn't really use much SF lingo, we tried to make it as "universal" as possible.  Seeing we were basically in a SF tourney, on their home court (thanks again to Valle for letting us host the tourney on SUCH short notice for FREE), so we had to do as much crowd pleasing as possible.  Commentating isn't really my thing, some guys find it natural but nobody else wanted to really step up except Giby, Oscar and myself.

GG to everyone and I'm REALLY sorry to David Kong, our hands were so tied with the rules and regulations between SNKP and the host so we couldn't do 32 players as planned, sorry David--I know how bad you wanted in but there was nothing we could do.

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2010, 10:49:41 AM »
Tired.  Long day, I hope the commentary was clear enough.  Although we didn't really use much SF lingo, we tried to make it as "universal" as possible.  Seeing we were basically in a SF tourney, on their home court (thanks again to Valle for letting us host the tourney on SUCH short notice for FREE), so we had to do as much crowd pleasing as possible.  Commentating isn't really my thing, some guys find it natural but nobody else wanted to really step up except Giby, Oscar and myself.

GG to everyone and I'm REALLY sorry to David Kong, our hands were so tied with the rules and regulations between SNKP and the host so we couldn't do 32 players as planned, sorry David--I know how bad you wanted in but there was nothing we could do.

I'd have helped you guys move the machine...but i didn't want to pull a muscle prior to the last stages of the tourney =P  I am sure glad the ai peeps who joined were able to gain prizes! On a side note...as a KOF community...LET our Voices be ONE and have KOF 13 at EVO! show some support by spreading the word of how we want this game at EVO 2k11!

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF

Kusanagi-Style

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2010, 11:16:04 AM »
We should start a thread on SRK for XIII@EVO.
KOF XIII: Iori/King/Yuri

Ash2k4

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2010, 08:36:35 PM »
I missed this :C damn work is there a stream achive where l can see it and yes KOF 13 FOR EVO 2011 !!!!!!!!!
SNK WE ARE THE FUTURE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nikolai VolKOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2010, 12:12:36 AM »
Thanks mangs, was still cool to see it attempted to be streamed. Kof 13 for EVO (and 98 um, and 2002um)!

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2010, 02:38:15 AM »
just thought i'd say good stuff to everyone who made this happen and for everyone who showed up, whether it was to play or not. i don't know how you guys did it throughout the whole night, cause i was taking naps whenever i could lol

Nocturnal

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • Socal SNK Supporter
    • View Profile
    • My Art Stuff
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2010, 11:25:17 AM »
It's too bad I couldn't make it out. It was last minute. If I would have had at least a week in advanced I would have been able to go. Congratz to all the finalist and winners. I hope this opens up more windows and brings more competition once kofXIII is out on console.
http://youtube.com/profile?user=JaimeDL = Garou MOTW Videos

http://www.twitch.tv/jaimedl = Garou MOTW streaming from time to time.

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2010, 11:27:17 PM »
Anything happen with SNKP at SoCal?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2010, 12:50:54 AM »
Anything happen with SNKP at SoCal?

The rep showed up much too late (7pm ish vs ending around 8:30), didn't speak English (didn't have a translator either), and he kinda just watched from afar as oppose to sponsoring the event.  I didn't even know he was there till someone pointed out to me very late into the night.  All in all, I think this event has helped the relationship with SNKP and they now know there's a scene and huge interest for KOF over here.

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2010, 04:45:13 AM »
Is that so? Well I feel disappointed that we won't see something out of SNKP but at least you guys show them whats up so thats all good.

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2010, 04:55:54 AM »
Tired.  Long day, I hope the commentary was clear enough.  Although we didn't really use much SF lingo, we tried to make it as "universal" as possible. 

I was fine with the way you were commentating. I just posted that up because the stream was full of people who play nothing but SF4 and only just started playing fighters. They honestly thought that fighting game language was exclusive to SF4 and thy were calling it SF4 lingo which was stupid.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2010, 10:35:21 AM »
Is that so? Well I feel disappointed that we won't see something out of SNKP but at least you guys show them whats up so thats all good.

I still have a good feeling that we set these events in motion and they know we exist...let's cross our fingers for EVO...

Shiranui_ninja

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2010, 03:52:01 PM »
Nice article about SoCal Regionals on SNK-Capcom.com:

http://www.snk-capcom.com/?p=3616#more-3616