Pao Pao Cafe > Social Club

LoL players considered "pro-athletes" by U.S. government

(1/2) > >>

marchefelix:
(Article is a little old)

http://www.gamespot.com/news/us-government-recognizes-league-of-legends-players-as-pro-athletes-6411377

SMH so much....

Coliflowerz:
Man, fighting games have been around for over 20 years and we don't even get half the recognition. No disrespect to MOBA players... but god damn.

marchefelix:
I showed this to my DDR/ITG-playing friends and they were furious (and for good reason).

PureYeti:

--- Quote from: Coliflowerz on October 07, 2013, 11:10:40 PM ---Man, fighting games have been around for over 20 years and we don't even get half the recognition. No disrespect to MOBA players... but god damn.

--- End quote ---

FGC is just seen as a bad rep and not esports enough :\ I thought athlete involves with physical fitness. Now athletes mean anything competitive

Well good thing is its show a good side of gaming so not everyone always will blame gaming for violence or whatever

Malik:
It's surprising but not to a high degree because of the factors (marketing, player base, ease of accessibility to the product, etc.). Fighting games will never get there unless current developing changes overall within "the FGC" are to be worked on & actually go positive. It's hope though varying on how you look at it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version