Author Topic: LoL players considered "pro-athletes" by U.S. government  (Read 3077 times)

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile

Coliflowerz

• Strongest Tiger
  • #topshelfesteem
    • View Profile
Re: LoL players considered "pro-athletes" by U.S. government
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 11:10:40 PM »
Man, fighting games have been around for over 20 years and we don't even get half the recognition. No disrespect to MOBA players... but god damn.
I do nothing but post KOFXIV tech so gimme a follow if you like that
https://twitter.com/coliflowerz
https://www.youtube.com/user/Coliflowerz

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 03:36:22 AM »
I showed this to my DDR/ITG-playing friends and they were furious (and for good reason).

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 05:28:13 PM »
Man, fighting games have been around for over 20 years and we don't even get half the recognition. No disrespect to MOBA players... but god damn.

FGC is just seen as a bad rep and not esports enough :\ I thought athlete involves with physical fitness. Now athletes mean anything competitive

Well good thing is its show a good side of gaming so not everyone always will blame gaming for violence or whatever
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 05:35:05 PM by PureYeti »

Malik

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Student of this game called life....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 06:59:21 PM »
It's surprising but not to a high degree because of the factors (marketing, player base, ease of accessibility to the product, etc.). Fighting games will never get there unless current developing changes overall within "the FGC" are to be worked on & actually go positive. It's hope though varying on how you look at it.
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 10:25:53 PM »
FGC is just seen as a bad rep and not esports enough :\ I thought athlete involves with physical fitness. Now athletes mean anything competitive

And that's exactly why some of my friends in the dance/rhythm game community got angry. I mean, they are the only video game community in existence that do any physical activity whatsoever. If any gaming community should be considered a sport, it's them (dancing games are considered a sport in Norway BTW).

As for fighting game players being considered athletes, I wouldn't agree on that either, despite my love for the games. But if they're going to be treating MOBA players as athletes, might as well do the same for FG players. They truly put on a spectacle.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 11:46:25 PM by marchefelix »