Author Topic: [Dec 28-29, 2013] Frosty Faustings VI at Game Pazzo (Downers Grove, IL)  (Read 8083 times)

Humbag

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
From SRK/Dustloop (Elvenshadow)
I am proud to announce that I will once again be flying in from Japan and will be organizing the next addition in the Frosty Faustings tournament series! Frosty Faustings VI will be taking place on Saturday, December 28th and Sunday, December 29th. That's right, for the first time ever, Frosty Faustings will be a 2 day event! This means that you can expect a much larger tournament game selection.

I am also proud to announce our new venue! Frosty Faustings VI will be held at Game Pazzo! (http://www.gamepazzo.com/) Some features of our new venue...
13,000 square foot facility!
More room for tons more setups than we have been able to have in the past!
Full bar and kitchen right in the tournament area!
Stage area!
Much, much more (check out the website)

;fd ;dn ;df  ;a Pre-reg is now live! https://www.facebook.com/events/459656174148696/ check out the pinned post!

Master Tournament game list (in no particular order)
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R singles (main event)
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R teams
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R special exhibition
Super Street Fighter IV AE 2012 singles
Super Street Fighter IV AE 2012 teams
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 singles
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 teams
Persona 4 Arena
Skullgirls
BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma
King of Fighters XIII
Vampire Savior
Arcana Heart 3
Divekick
Injustice
Mortal Kombat 9
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Soul Calibur V
Mystery Game Tournament

Game Schedule by day
Day 1 (Saturday, December 28th 2013)
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R singles (top 8 as main event Saturday night)
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (pools until top 8, continued Day 2)
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition 2012 (pools until top 8, continued Day 2)
Persona 4 Arena
Skullgirls
Injustice: Gods Among Us
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Arcana Heart 3
Mystery Game Tournament (to be carried over on Sunday)
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 team tournament (after singles pools)
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition 2012 team tournament (after singles pools)
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R Special exhibition invitational tournament event (after GG singles grand finals)

Day 2 (Sunday, December 29th 2013)
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R team tournament
BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma
Divekick
Vampire Savior
Mortal Kombat 9
King of Fighters XIII
Mystery Game Tournament (continued until finished)
Super Street Fighter IV AE 2012 (top 8)
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (top 8)

(All game tournaments will finish within the same day except for SSFIV singles, Marvel singles and Mystery tournament. )
Registration: Please make sure to be at Game Pazzo on time for check-in and registration. Venue registration will be handled on the day of the event at the front counter. Individual game tournament registration will be able to be done online or at the venue on the day of the event. If possible, we would prefer that you register in advance online. It ensures that we are able to make the brackets as fair as possible as far as regional seeding and also ensures the tournaments will begin on time without delays. Last minute registration for tournaments will still be available the day of the event for those who decide to enter a game they were on the fence about. I will be posting more information very soon about advanced tournament registration payment.

Saturday Schedule:
11:00 AM: Game Pazzo opens. On-sight tournament registration begins. You may start playing casuals.
12:00 PM: Tournaments begin. SSFIV and Marvel will have pools and they will start at 12:00, 3:00 and 6:00. Other games will have traditional brackets. Specific start times for other games will be posted later.
3:00 AM: Game Pazzo closes. Time to go drink/play money matches/sleep somewhere else
Sunday Schedule:
11:00 AM: Game Pazzo opens.
12:00 PM: Some tournaments start, more specific details to come.
9:00 PM: Game Pazzo closes. We plan to have all tournaments finished before then. If necessary, they will stay open later until everything finishes but we plan to finish well before 9:00 PM in consideration for those people who need to travel far to get home.

Game tournament entry fees: Every game tournament will be $10 to enter for each player. Team tournaments will be $10 for each person (so a 3 player team would be $30).
Prize split for all games (not includeing pot bonuses): 1st - 70%, 2nd - 20%, 3rd - 10%
Pot Bonuses: Each game may have different pot bonuses (some may have none). Distribution and amount will vary based on game. This section will be updated as more pot bonuses are announced.
Guilty Gear XX AC+R Singles: $500 pot bonus for 1st place. (provided by ElvenShadow... more pot bonus money to come.)

General Singles Tournament rules: All games will follow the community standard tournament rules that you would expect them to. Glitches, stages and characters that are banned in their respective games in most respected majors will also be banned at FFVI. There will be specific rules posted for each game soon. All single tournaments are 2/3 except for UMvC3 which will be 3/5. Semi finals and Grand finals for all singles tournaments are 3/5. Grand finals for Guilty Gear singles will be 4/7. All singles tournaments are double elimination. Winner must keep the same character, loser may switch characters. You may select a different character if you are fighting a new opponent. Rapid fire settings on buttons are banned for all controlers in all games. Wireless controlers are banned. If you want to use a wireless pad or stick, you must plug it in.
Pot Splitting: There has been a lot of drama about pot splitting in the FGC lately. This has never been a problem at Frosty Faustings before. What you do with the prize money is your own business, but all finals should be played out seriously out of respect for the community and the people watching the stream. This is about the spirit of competition and respect. Please bring your A game until you win the tournament or are defeated.

Game specific rules
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core + R singles rules: Gold, Shadow, and EX Characters are banned. Boss I-no stage is banned. Kliff and Baiken console only FDC glitches are banned.
more to come

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R special exhibition tournament: We would like to get the best players in the US to do a regional 5 on 5 where each player fights each player from the other team and the total wins are tallied. Teams will be decided in advance. If you are interested in participating, please tell me (ElvenShadow). More information to come.
Streamed high stakes money match in GG: I would like to have a high stakes money match on stream against someone. If you are interested please let me know. Any amount is fine. I also encourage side bets. If anyone else has a high stakes grudge match against someone else they would like to set up. Please let me know.

Request for Setups: Frosty Faustings is a community driven event and the event planning staff does not make profit aside from any tournament winnings. As such, all of the consoles and games are provided by the community and tournament attendees. Please bring any consoles and games that are on the tournament list. The more setups we have, the faster things run and the more time there will be for matches. We VERY MUCH appreciate your help! (we are looking into venue discount options for people who bring consoles games and monitors.)

Casuals area and side tournaments: There will be some space to set up casuals and side tournaments. If you plan to run a side tournament, please inform me first.

Streams: We will have 2 streams this year! More details to come.

Closest Airport: Chicago O'hare
Recommended Hotel: Holiday Inn-Express Chicago-Downers Grove.
3031 Finley Rd. Downers Grove IL 60515
m.ihg.com/hotels/holidayinnexpress/us/en/hoteldetail/chidg
Only $67 a night!
Team IFD

n0thin89

• Legendary Wolf
  • shenmue all day
    • View Profile
    • Chicago KOF
Re: [Dec 28-29, 2013] Frosty Faustings VI at Game Pazzo (Downers Grove, IL)
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 03:47:25 PM »
Wooooooooooooooooooo!
Mad Angels all day
Excuse me, do you know anything about the Mad Angels?
- Ryo Hazuki

Humbag

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 04:16:36 AM »
Attention! MORE POT BONUSES!

Thanks to James Dela Serna Jr KOF now has a pot bonus!

1st - $200
2nd - $70
3rd - $30

Also there is now a KOF only raffle! If you pre-reg for KOF you are entered into a KOF only raffle! Get to pre-reg at www.ifdhumbag.wordpress.com

Come get the money!
Team IFD

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 04:40:31 AM »

1st - $200
2nd - $70
3rd - $30

Also there is now a KOF only raffle! If you pre-reg for KOF you are entered into a KOF only raffle! Get to pre-reg at www.ifdhumbag.wordpress.com

Come get the money!

Yo, thats dope! Thanks James Jr.!
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

n0thin89

• Legendary Wolf
  • shenmue all day
    • View Profile
    • Chicago KOF
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 02:20:14 AM »

1st - $200
2nd - $70
3rd - $30

Come get the money!

Yo, thats dope! Thanks James Jr.!

No problem. For the love of the game. I hope this brings more kof players to come out. Especially one I've never played.
Mad Angels all day
- Ryo Hazuki

Humbag

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2013, 12:31:14 AM »
Hello everyone! If you are looking to book a hotel room this hotel is the best option. Unfortunately there is nothing in the immediate area so it still requires a vehicle but its just down the road. http://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/downers-grove/chidg/hoteldetail

****According to the hotel you have 6 days to book a room at their lowest prices ($67 for king $76 for double bed) so get on it!
Team IFD

BGCallisto

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 08:57:27 PM »
Quick non-KOF update: If any of you happen to play Injustice, be advised that due to PS3 slowdown issues we will be moving it from PS3 to 360.

Humbag

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2013, 02:24:21 AM »
6 days left to pre-register online!

www.ifdhumbag.wordpress.com
Team IFD

Humbag

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2013, 06:57:01 PM »
Only today and tomorrow left to pre-reg online! See yall there!
Team IFD

Humbag

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2013, 05:57:53 PM »
Final Day 11:59pm tonight CT it ends!
Team IFD

n0thin89

• Legendary Wolf
  • shenmue all day
    • View Profile
    • Chicago KOF
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2013, 04:16:01 PM »
Woooooo! More entrants then last year! Get hype!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 07:16:58 PM by n0thin89 »
Mad Angels all day
- Ryo Hazuki

Humbag

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2013, 04:54:21 AM »
www.ifdhumbag.wordpress.com for newest schedule.
Team IFD