Author Topic: Kula Diamond (Arcade Version)  (Read 15719 times)

AzureTAG

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Kula Diamond
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2011, 02:59:32 AM »
I know right? But I wouldn't say shes top though, I don't think anyone else is top tier beside K' and Raiden.
I would say she probably 5th or 6th best character(IMO better than Iori and Shen).

BTW anyone know if kula has her J.D instead overhead?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 03:41:32 AM by TAG7191 »

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2011, 06:00:27 AM »
So I'm adding Kula back to the squad. I can do pretty much all of her combos and am pretty on point with short hop mix ups. Just gotta work on not getting too predictable with short hopping. I'm gonna work on that stun combo next.

j.D/qcf+C, st.C(2), f+A, qcf+AC, qcf+C, qcb+D, qcb+B, f+B, (dp+A, (DC) qcb+D, qcb+D, f+B)x2 dp+C

Transcript is there.

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
  • Just move along, nothing to read here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2011, 12:02:07 PM »
I'm new to this site but I'm not too sure if i remember this correctly but I thought I can add this

QCF+C (C ver of the Diamond Breath), QCF+ A+C (Ex Diamond Breath), QCF+A (A ver. of the Diamond Breath) , QCB+B (Ray Spin), F.B to A ver of the Crow Bite

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2011, 06:59:02 PM »
I'm new to this site but I'm not too sure if i remember this correctly but I thought I can add this

QCF+C (C ver of the Diamond Breath), QCF+ A+C (Ex Diamond Breath), QCF+A (A ver. of the Diamond Breath) , QCB+B (Ray Spin), F.B to A ver of the Crow Bite

Yes you can do that in the corner only and you can do A ver or C ver of Crow Bite.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2011, 04:39:47 AM »

Yes you can do that in the corner only and you can do A ver or C ver of Crow Bite.

can I hit it with a EX Crow bite instead of a regular one or no? Can I also Super Cancel into her super as well?

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2011, 05:48:28 AM »
yes you can do EX crow bite and cancel into her qcfx2+P super. But I don't recommend it unless it's for the kill. The damage scale makes the super worthless, save the meter for an EX move instead.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2011, 01:40:52 AM »
At the tournament yesterday the dude who won playing Kula constantly DC'd into the qcb+P move after the normal un-extended BNB. I was told it was for the high/low mix up afterwards but I always thought that just letting the DP fly gave you enough time for a short hop anyway. What are the benefits to doing that?

Edit: Also I apologize for dropping almost every single Kula combo yesterday if you were watching. I worked on it a bit earlier today and I'm getting some of these combos back.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 02:44:45 AM by Demoninja »

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2011, 09:20:11 AM »
Here something I don't get after watching this several times....How do you connect Ray Spin ver B after doing a Ray Spin Ver D but the D ver doesn't do the first or second shell...Is there like a quick cancel or something? Mr. KOF told me that I can do that but I spend like a hour on training mode and i still don't get how it's done

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2011, 05:34:12 PM »
Here something I don't get after watching this several times....How do you connect Ray Spin ver B after doing a Ray Spin Ver D but the D ver doesn't do the first or second shell...Is there like a quick cancel or something? Mr. KOF told me that I can do that but I spend like a hour on training mode and i still don't get how it's done

You missed a few steps. Before you do qcb+D into qcb+B you should first combo into qcb+BD, f+D. The slide from ex tatsu will put them high enough so you can juggle both a qcb+D and qcb+B if you perform the qcb+D at the right time. It's not too difficult to do once you get some practice in.

So the full combo off a st.C will be

st.C, qcb+B, f+D, dp+C (DC) qcb+BD, f+D, qcb+D, qcb+B,f+B dp+C

You can repeat the combo from the dp+C (DC) qcb+BD if you wish.

If you get a random qcb+BD or combo into qcb+BD off cr.B and they are close enough to the corner you should do a qcb+B, f+B, then do the dp+C (DC) qcb+BD portion of the combo.

If you want a meterless combo it'll be

st.C, qcb+B, f+D, dp+C (DC) qcb+D, qcb+D, f+B dp+C.

Here's the full comboat 6:38 performed by me. Demoninja vs Fixel - KOFXIII Southtown Arcade Ranbats I ended it early with the qcb+A because I wasn't 100% if the height would allow me to connect the qcb+B.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 05:39:31 PM by Demoninja »

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2011, 11:04:30 AM »
Ahh I see that makes sense now. Thank you very much! I'll practice it asap when I get at the arcade tomorrow. I'll post some feedback on it!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2011, 07:05:44 AM »
First page has been updated with console changes.

---

*s.B adjusted. Compared to the arcade, Kula now moves forward giving the move greater range.
-Recovery on df.B improved
-EX Ray Spin no longer invincible
*EX Ray Spin Sit recovery improved
-EX Diamond Edge is faster
*Freeze execution adjusted. Faster and follow-up hitbox improved.
-EX Counter shell has a stronger hitbox

Yamamoto:
Both supers expending 2 meters have become more powerful. Both make Kula invincible and are good for interrupting opponents or as anti-airs. Her use of meter has increased, so she has become a character that will test meter management skills. It may be fun using the wire damage on counter hit on her EX counter shell.

Although this is the last of the character change series, it certainly isn’t the end of the blog updates. We still have lots of information and movies to show you so stay tuned!

Kazuhiro

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2011, 05:03:52 PM »
I gotta say I'm pretty happy with these changes for Kula. I like the fact that she's a more meter orientated character and now will use those meters for her DMs and not only for EX Ray Spins. It seems to me that with those changes, she'll be more effective when placed 2nd in a team because of the meter she'll need (Which is totally fine for me since I was looking for a meter user character for my team, haha).

I also don't dislike the s.B buff. I'm all about having great normals and poking, so that's also cool.

MaruchanSoup

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2011, 09:21:02 PM »
Are there any good combos branching out from crouching.B?

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2011, 09:26:55 PM »
Are there any good combos branching out from crouching.B?

- cr.B×3, dp+C
- cr.B×3, qcb+BD, dp+C
- cr.B×3, qcb+BD, qcb+B~f+B, dp+C

They all should work on the console version, and you can probably find lots more possibilities with enough meter.

Man, your avatar is way too fucking cute.

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2011, 10:30:10 PM »
There's also comboing into d/f+B and I doubt having meter is going to change much. Kula really only has one efficient BNB and all her combos are just different ways to lead into it.