Author Topic: An Ottawan steps out of the shadows  (Read 1389 times)

Essay

• New Challenger
  • Every pun is its own reword
    • View Profile
An Ottawan steps out of the shadows
« on: February 05, 2014, 08:11:07 AM »
About time I delurked.

A long term fighting game player here from Ottawa, Canada, somehow I managed to always skip the KOF games over the years.  All I can say now is: whoops.  Turns out I love the pacing, system and feel.  Who'd have thought? I'm actually kicking myself for staying away from the series when I lived a year in South America, where it was all that people played. >.>

It's been a bit more than a year now that I've been into XIII and it just keeps growing on me more and more.  I managed to take a bit of time off of Guilty Gear (my main game) at the last regional major I travelled to and get in sets with a few players well above my level, and I've been hungry ever since. 

The majority of my local scene is made up of people maining other games, just jumping into KOF as a side game, but I'm seeing them start to get a little hungry too.  Hopefully we can build something on this here.  (Maybe I could even get them to start listening to the podcasts. :-o)

Otherwise, just looking forward to being more active around these parts,

-Essay

P.S. Any locals who stumble upon this and don't already know about the general fighting game meetups at Algonquin College, drop me a line too.  We'd love to have more dedicated KOF players stop by.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: An Ottawan steps out of the shadows
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 02:40:39 PM »
"Whoops," eh?

jk

Officially welcome to the community Essay. Glad to hear it's growing on you, and hope you get to level up and have fun with it more with the players here.

Also, you can mention your meetups here - http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=921.0
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
Re: An Ottawan steps out of the shadows
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 07:49:41 PM »
Welcome to Dream Cancel!  :)

"Every pun is its own reword"

lol

Anyone who appreciates wordplay is a friend of mine. You might even be good at this: http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=1053.0