Author Topic: Hello from Croatia  (Read 2911 times)

obiiwan

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Hello from Croatia
« on: March 28, 2014, 02:29:34 PM »
Hello everyone!

I'm actually new to the series. I played older KOF/SNK games, but only casually, vs CPU, getting ripped by the CPU Bosses :D

KOFXIII managed to capture my attention and ever since EVO 2012 streams I wanted to get this game and get good at it. Last year, I actually bought an XB360 and this was one of my first games, but I decided just recently that I'll play it for real, no matter what, because the game is so good and I know it's gonna be worth it. The Live matches are unplayable, even with other European players, so I'll basically practice on my 360 and later I plan toget the Steam Edition in order to play online.

So, for now, I found one, maybe even two full teams that I'll try to get good with, and the more I play this and SF4 at the same time... I don't know, SF just doesn't do it for me. The more i play SF4, the more I only get to learn to appreciate KOF more as a fighting game. In XIII, everything felt right from the start, the stocks, HD mode, Neo Max, guard bar, hit confirming, combos, and I just can't get into SF4 (which is a shame, because actually I would have some folks to play with offline, which is not the case with KOF-but I won't let that stand in the way, I'll just try to build a scene for KOF ;))
The other fighting games that I really like are Capcom VS SNK2 (this is where I first got introduced to the awesome SNK cast), Guilty Gear series and Tatsunoko vs Capcom UAS (the only fighting game in which I got really good at).

So see ya all on the board, I'll probably need some advice

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
Re: Hello from Croatia
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 05:55:28 PM »
Sup obiiwan, welcome to the site, I hope it helps you learn the game and build a local community when you get a chance. :)
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 03:04:57 AM »
Welcome obiiwan.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Nikaras

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 04:03:45 PM »
hey man,if you care for some casual matches add me. niolakic58 my psn ID ;

obiiwan

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 11:15:47 AM »
I would love to, but I play KOFXIII on Steam and on XB360, I don't own a PS3 system.
Besides, online it's only playable on Steam...