Author Topic: Ways to play with a Nintendo Wii fightstick on XB360 and PC (XIII SE)?  (Read 3311 times)

obiiwan

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
I know that the question may sound a bit weird, but since I already have two MadCatz fightsticks (for the Wii itself, not for GCN), and that stick is pretty good IMO, if I was about to start playing XIII on a fightstick, I would like to play with the sticks I already own (since I'm about to have another two investments which are KOFXIII-related: purchasing the Steam version, and getting a graphic card for my PC in order to be able to play the SE, getting another arcade stick would be a bit too much for my budget right now).
What's the most efficient way to make those work both on XB360 and PC? Any reliable converters?

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Not that I heard of.  Most ways to get the xbox 360 converters tend to be expensive cause you need to compensate for the guide button. Usually by hooking a wired controller while the other controller is plugged into the converter fooling the 360 into thinking you have a guide button.  Considering a wired controller run around $50 alone it's usually cheaper to get a stick online through a site like neo-geo.com/forums. Getting 2 Sega Saturn Converters cost me around $100.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

OverHeat

• Rising Dragon
  • GEYSAAH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Ways to play with a Nintendo Wii fightstick on XB360 and PC (XIII SE)?
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 06:53:00 AM »
Nothing like someone who's over a year and a half late to the party, right? If anyone happens across this post hoping for an answer, at least now they will find it. I like to think of myself as someone who can answer ANY Nintendo related question. If I don't know the answer, I'll do my damnedest to find it.
As I recall, all the fightsticks made for the Wii specifically needed to be plugged into a Wii Remote. Think Wii Classic Controller/Nunchuck/etc. This product should take care of that for you. Many folks will dismiss the Wii Fightsticks out of hand because by being plugged into a Wii Remote, they are wireless controllers, and that's fair. BUT. This item allows you to plug two fightsticks into it and it plugs directly into your USB ports, so, not wireless.

http://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-Wii-Classic-Controller-Adapter/dp/B0089O4EB0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1449117804&sr=8-1&keywords=mayflash+wii+adapter+for+pc

OP if you aren't dead, there's your answer. People from the future who come across this post may thank me by sending me a flying car or jetpack.  ;)
Do or do not. There is no try.