Author Topic: The "Currently playing" Video Game Thread  (Read 1865 times)

Mortum

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
The "Currently playing" Video Game Thread
« on: November 10, 2010, 06:39:03 PM »
It's always nice to have these kind of threads to discuss what you're playing, to give advice on a game that you're playing and to also (if you want) give a review. :)

At the minute I'm playing a small handful of games on Xbox, but the one which I'm enjoying at the minute is Borederlands: GotY Edition, if anyone else is playing this feel free to add me on xbl (gamertag is in sig) and we'll do some co-op :).

I'm also playing Super Meat Boy, for anyone who doesn't know what that is, it's a very difficult, fast paced 2D platformer that while sometimes annoying and frustrating is one of the the most fun games, not only this year, but in all platforming history. Here's a video showing off a bunch of the levels

The soundtrack to the game is also one of the best retro feeling OSTs I've ever heard, which you can listen to here: http://dbsoundworks.bandcamp.com/album/super-meat-boy-soundtrack

Hopefully the rest of you will post, rant and rave about games that you have been playing :).
Gamertag : Mortum Kujo [KOF2K2UM, NGBC, Blazblue]

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The "Currently playing" Video Game Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 09:49:46 PM »
These days i'm playing Enslaved: Odyssey To The West, good game overall, it only needs some tweeking here and there, and a better combat gameplay.

Now i'm waiting for Platinum The Trinity to play BB again and give it some more time of life.

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 10:04:02 PM »
right now I'm playing Raiden 4. I forgot how much I loved shmups and how many I actually still own for the DC and PS2.

Besides those, I've started playing action games again and am now working on Dante's Inferno. This is seriously one of the more underrated games I've played this year and the overall feel of the game is great. Love how this game has taken the mythologies of Hell to the next level and has shown us the true first great vision of what it is. After this, I will be playing Bayonetta followed by either Enslaved or the new Castlevania game.

I will say I do play shooters like Halo Reach and CoD but I don't take them seriously at all. I just play them to pass time with my friends and brother. 

Adnan

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 07:28:41 PM »
I'm trying to get back into Guild Wars. Pretty cool stuff.
~~~

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 08:30:49 PM »
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker (so friggin much to that portable game I swear).
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995