Other Fighting Games > General Fighting Game Discussion

Will Fighting Games Ever Become Standard on PC?

<< < (2/2)

The Good Loser:
Well I'd certainly like to see it happen but it will also mean more competition for the consoles (even more than before).

Mr Bakaboy:
I think right now the console companies are trying to go back to console exclusives being more prevalent that is causing PC to get thrusted into the spotlight more and more. The last generation had $200 fightsticks. Now we have to buy all new again..... unless you go PC. Then if you're a fighter the pickings for fighters on the current gen systems is very scarce. KI and SFV being console exclusives while MKX and TK7 being on both it's harder to want to spend the big bucks on a new console especially since the era of porting old arcade titles is all but over now.

I'll admit now I play more on the PC then I do on console.

EXWildWolf:
With the availability of all the sticks you could use on the PC and pretty much Steam GreenLight, smaller devs could, without much legalities and financial issues, could make a profit out of putting it on Steam. If we took a game like Chaos Code  and put iy on Steam, that would make them a bit more money just from people who wanted to try the game out overseas, and there wouldn't be this hassle of "ah crap, I want to try to this game, but they only have it on PS3, and I can't get it on 360 soooooooo RIP."

It's just like.... you're not risking anything but getting more money from the arcades and people buying the game off steam for $10-$15.

Naruto0408:
I dont want fighting games to ever become popular on PC because getting the best possible PC is too expensive and getting a not so great PC puts you at a disadvantage

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version