Author Topic: King (Arcade Version)  (Read 33062 times)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: King
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2011, 04:55:34 AM »
hey guys,

i was in training mode, and recently noticed that while in HD mode, king's d+f D is special cancellable outside of combos. meaning, she can do the slide into whatever just by itself. does HD mode affect command normals like this, or is this something specific to king's slide?

HD makes almost all non-cancelable normals and command moves, cancelable.  There are a few exceptions like Yuri's air.df+B and that maybe limited to the fact that she lands already as oppose to it not canceling at all.  Duo Lon has the same problem, all his aerial normals cancel except j.D, but only j.B truly combos into air.f+B because by the time it comes out he'll have landed.

On that note, don't forget King can always empty-cancel a normal (like s.B, d.A etc...), outside of HD, into df.D which will actually make the slide cancelable because you cancelled into it.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 04:57:31 AM by Kane317 »

davidkong07

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2011, 02:44:40 AM »
King is getting hella buffs on console!!

In the EVO build, King's df D slide move is cancel-able on hit or block! you get free slide into venom strike all the time! really really huge buff. if you're near the corner, you can slide into your corner combo! makes her really scary at mid range. people are gonna be blocking low a lot now lol

also, her neomax doesn't suck ass anymore! they buffed the range so that all the fireballs go all over the place.

GET HYPE FOR KING!!!
In it to win it!

Nagare_Ryouma

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2011, 04:54:39 AM »
King is getting hella buffs on console!!

In the EVO build, King's df D slide move is cancel-able on hit or block! you get free slide into venom strike all the time! really really huge buff. if you're near the corner, you can slide into your corner combo! makes her really scary at mid range. people are gonna be blocking low a lot now lol

also, her neomax doesn't suck ass anymore! they buffed the range so that all the fireballs go all over the place.

GET HYPE FOR KING!!!

Thanks for the info.
I am definatelly happy, cause she is one of my main characters.

ZeWickedOreo

• Strongest Tiger
  • iamGab.
    • View Profile
    • 10over10
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2011, 06:47:41 PM »
I've been playing with her for only a few minutes and I love her alreaaaady! :">
BUCK UP, BRUH! :>

iamGab

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2011, 07:41:03 PM »
If you make a stnad A whiff cancel slide you can special cancel the slide in guard or whiff
 so it's not a buff that useful
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

davidkong07

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2011, 09:27:07 PM »
i would argue that the buff is VERY useful, because you don't have to whiff cancel anything now. you can ON REACTION slide under fireball for a BnB combo. this is a very big buff if you ask me.
In it to win it!

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2011, 11:49:16 PM »
i would argue that the buff is VERY useful, because you don't have to whiff cancel anything now. you can ON REACTION slide under fireball for a BnB combo. this is a very big buff if you ask me.

you can cancel the whole animation of the stand A, it's just a little manipulation which disappear for king players
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2011, 10:22:28 AM »

you can cancel the whole animation of the stand A, it's just a little manipulation which disappear for king players

I'm going to agree with Sharnt on this one Dkong.  It helps, but it's not that big of a deal since there were ways around it like mentioned before.  The extra frame of s.A being canceled is so quick it's negligible, especially if you're trying to master King as a characters--it's just one of the things you learn for her.

davidkong07

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2011, 09:12:58 AM »
oh wow i was not aware that the entire animation could be canceled. i stand corrected -_-
In it to win it!

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2011, 02:07:09 AM »
semi off topic, but in older kof, I could NEVER cancel  ;df  ;d into anything, except maybe 1 time

Is the timing that tricky? here is still hard to cancel?

I'm sure to had seen some times the move being canceled but who knows

Waifu Material

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2011, 06:27:28 AM »
semi off topic, but in older kof, I could NEVER cancel  ;df  ;d into anything, except maybe 1 time

Is the timing that tricky? here is still hard to cancel?

I'm sure to had seen some times the move being canceled but who knows

In the old ones, I believe '02, you had to cancel into the df.D and delay cancelling out of the move for anything to connect.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2011, 03:24:51 AM »
i find it a little sad that king bnb is almost like hwa but shes more safer because of the venom strike and yet i with she had her qcb A or C

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
  • Just move along, nothing to read here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2011, 07:41:49 AM »
sorry if I'm going to ask some of these questions on some of the characters because I'm having a hard time and I would like to know how to deal/get around it. I main K, Kula and Kyo.
Against King

what is it that King should do to get a hit on me?
What situations/setup that I should get king into?
How do I deal with her down+B?

Thank you

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2011, 08:20:02 AM »
Two things you should know about her that are important:

1.She can switch between aggro and zoning, but is mainly a zoning character.

2.Do not mash against King.

Starting with the first point, she is a zoning character and is very, very good at keeping you out as well as rushing you down. The first thing you need to do is always keep in mid to close range. As much as King is an unequipped character, her fireball is a very versatile move and can hurt a lot.

This is pretty basic, but you should try to hop a bit more. Aside from her EX Trapshoot, she's very vulnerable to air unless she's in the air. This is why being close to her is good. If she jumps, you can standing A her before she gets a fireball off. You want to constantly pressure her into making mistakes. You can punish practically anything she does at close range, none of her moves are safe, but at a distance and good spacing, she can cause a lot of problems. This solves your problem with d.B because if you apply hop pressure, you'll avoid her d.B all together.

My second point is not to mash against her. You have to take it slow because she does have reversals, namely her EX trapshoot. It is fast and will catch you if you hop at her, spam low kicks on her wake up or generally whiff a slow move near her. You want to take it slow. Make her make mistakes, tick throw, and what not. Remember that she can get a combo off from her st. D or d.B, but she has to combo her df+D in order to combo so always remember to block low. In arcade version, she can't cancel df+D by itself alone and blocking her whole string up close is good. Tornado kick is not safe on block if she is close up so punish it. A fast poke will get her if she does venom strike.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2011, 08:22:57 AM »
sorry if I'm going to ask some of these questions on some of the characters because I'm having a hard time and I would like to know how to deal/get around it. I main K, Kula and Kyo.
Against King

what is it that King should do to get a hit on me?
What situations/setup that I should get king into?
How do I deal with her down+B?

Thank you

man if thats ur team you really dont have to much of a problem. i aint as good as most people on hear but here is what i can tell ya from what i know.

1 king would mostly stay on the outside and build meter with her venom strike and also like athena she can and will (maybe) run after you while the strike is still coming at you which can mess you up but with the characters u use imo u may not have much trouble also she can play a very good inside game with her  ;df  ;d but her options after that aint all that strong if you block but she is safe anyways since you have K u can smack away her strikes and send 1 her way

2 always in the corner not much to say there

3 just keep it safe and block and if u feel like you know there going to do it hop and get a combo