Author Topic: King (Arcade Version)  (Read 32792 times)

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: King
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2010, 01:43:15 AM »
If somebody can try this for me Std. ;d, ;df ;d+ tornado kick into EX trap shot I think this will combo.

i can confirm that this does work. you have you perform the tornado kick near the end of the slide, otherwise the EX trap shot will whiff. this is actually a starter for her HD wallcarry combo.

Quote from: Remxi

j.D instant overhead?

What else will connect after hcb+D? Hopefully a cancellable normal for reset into meaty fireball.

Can you activate off a naked df+D?

j.D does not work as an instant overhead. the start up is too slow. by the time it comes out, you're already above the opponents hitbox (though i havent tested it on raiden).

as far as i know, the only thing that'll connect after hcb+D is a DC venom strike, a DC EX venom strike after the 1st hit, or an EX surprise rose after the corner.

if by activation you mean HD activate, then yes, you can activate off a standalone df.D. seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H71OShpHQMk#t=05m25s

Rex Dart

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2010, 03:29:14 PM »
Question (mostly for Fatacon):

Why did you write all King's combos on the Wiki as starting with cr. C? I always start my combos with cr. B -> cr. A, or st. B / D. Does cr. C have some benefit that I'm missing?

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2010, 04:22:39 PM »
i practically transcribed the combo section from the JP wiki since it overlapped with a lot of my own combos. they listed every combo starting with c.C cause it does the highest damage. if you think about it, cr.C does 70 pts of damage, while cl.D does 40+45 pts of damage. you'd probably think, "hey cl.D does 15 more pts of damage!", but because cl.D is 2 hits, it affects the scaling of the rest of the combo (at least JP wiki denotes so). i'm sure the difference is very minimal. i agree with you though, for ease of use, i also use cr.B> cr.A. cr.C is definitely not practical as a combo starter. i did, of course, add that combo starter section so i hope people reading the wiki definitely don't take cr.C as the staple starter. maybe i'll change that in the future.

also, the JP wiki notes that HD combos do more damage if you use far C or far D, but i find that kind of hard to do in actual matches lol

did you want me to put up the wallcarry combos?

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2010, 05:09:28 PM »
what about her standing close  ;d, i always thought it was a good combo starter.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2010, 05:49:19 PM »
it still is

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2010, 01:15:44 PM »
but because cl.D is 2 hits, it affects the scaling of the rest of the combo (at least JP wiki denotes so).

Wasn't there a guide that said multiple hits in the same move doesn't affect damage scaling? Unlike before, the second hit of Tornado Kick isn't subject to damage scaling if the first one hits. Perhaps Close D would work the same?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2010, 02:26:35 PM »
but because cl.D is 2 hits, it affects the scaling of the rest of the combo (at least JP wiki denotes so).

Wasn't there a guide that said multiple hits in the same move doesn't affect damage scaling? Unlike before, the second hit of Tornado Kick isn't subject to damage scaling if the first one hits. Perhaps Close D would work the same?

False.  e.g Leona's s.D is listed as 40.40 but it does 78 damage in training mode.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2010, 07:22:52 PM »
This post is very irrelevant, but I still ask, Why is called tornado kick 95? xD

I mean, this version has been on almost all the kofs, including the last ones (I can't recall XI, but im sure that there happens too) and the AOF series too

The only games with the vertical tornado kick are from 96 to 99, and even in 99, they put both version of the tornado kick, so yeah, I know that is stupid and that I think that even SNKP named the move like that, but still, from the this is the tornado kick and the other one should be called tornado kick 96 or other thing like that

Waifu Material

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2010, 03:33:24 AM »
That's exactly the reason why it's called Tornado Kick '95. I guess it's just the most popular "version" in Japan as they would all remember it as the Tornado Kick from KoF '95 and not in AoF or XI.

Edit: It would seem that '95 was also the first version of Tornado kick where she only kicks once in the B version. Makes it easier to differentiate other versions of Tornado Kicks as well. The original Tornado Kick has her kick twice.

AoF2: Original
KoF 94: Original
KoF 95: 95
KoF 96-98: 96
KoF 99: Original + 96
CVS: Original
KoF 2000 - XIII: 95
KoF 98 UM (normal version): 96
KoF 98 UM (EX version): (I don't remember)
KoF 2002 UM: 95
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 04:30:26 AM by Aenthin »

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2010, 08:36:58 AM »
Edit: It would seem that '95 was also the first version of Tornado kick where she only kicks once in the B version. Makes it easier to differentiate other versions of Tornado Kicks as well. The original Tornado Kick has her kick twice.

in XIII, the B version of tornado kick normally hits twice. the only exceptions to this are if 1) the opponent is crouching (or crouch blocking, i forget which) 2) was done as an anti-air or 3) hits with the tip. in these cases, the B version only hits once.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2010, 10:44:02 PM »
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2010, 10:05:28 AM »
combo vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B84WI9Yuxkc

i really liked the first few combos i never thought of using double strike to wallcarry. that's pretty hype. the current way of using ex trapshots and ex tornado kicks uses meter anyway and doesn't do quite as much damage. i should add these to the wiki page and fill in damages once i test them out. thanks for the link shiranui_ninja!

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2011, 11:37:58 AM »
King combo demostration from snkgameHK:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IDL7RY-yQk
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

davidkong07

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2011, 03:30:22 AM »
hey guys,

i was in training mode, and recently noticed that while in HD mode, king's d+f D is special cancellable outside of combos. meaning, she can do the slide into whatever just by itself. does HD mode affect command normals like this, or is this something specific to king's slide?
In it to win it!

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2011, 04:23:17 AM »
No, there are other characters that do that. For example, Terry Bogard's forward A doesn't cancel normally, but in HD mode, you can cancel out of it into a special move.