Author Topic: Tips for better excecution?  (Read 3311 times)

Mordarius

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Tips for better excecution?
« on: May 26, 2014, 02:30:55 AM »
So I've been practicing every day trying to get combos down and I'm wondering if someone has tips on how to have better execution because I am frequently not able to finish off a combo because I believe I'm not doing something right.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
Re:
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 04:33:50 PM »
Yeah you really have to nail all the inputs thats needed for whatever motion correctly or else the move wont come out. Using the input function on practice mode helps great. Also, look in the wiki for kofxiii here for a list of shortcuts you can use to minimize effort. Good luck.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Mordarius

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Tips for better excecution?
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 08:14:44 PM »
Ah okay thanks much. Only ones I'm having trouble with are   ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk for King and I know that's an important one to get down. Also for Mature's rekka movement sometimes they don't come out even when I input the move correctly. Is it because she has a certain timing?

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 09:27:57 PM »
Ah okay thanks much. Only ones I'm having trouble with are   ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk for King and I know that's an important one to get down. Also for Mature's rekka movement sometimes they don't come out even when I input the move correctly. Is it because she has a certain timing?

The timing on her rekkas isnt strict at all, honestly try performing them at different speeds, like slow, kinda slow, moderate, fast, then as fast as you can for you can try to gauge where the timing is.

With King, what combo are you trying to do? Are you just trying to do the hcb+K alone?
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Mordarius

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 07:41:22 AM »
The combo I'm trying with King is this one. j.D, df+D, dp+K (DC), dp+BD (DC), hcb+B, hcb+D I am able to get the first tornado kick off the second doesn't always connect. I'd say it connects fully maybe 30-35% of the time for me so far but I know i just gotta keep practicing. And thanks for the mature tips.

Strudelicious

• New Challenger
  • The hardest working fool
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2014, 09:05:40 AM »
Input display is probably the most constructive thing to improving input. If you have problems with Mature rekkas I'm betting you'll run into the same problems as I did doing Kensou's rekkas under pressure: His QCF's turned into rekka [DC] DP gut punch. Or Ralph, his Command normal into qcf+c turned into command normal super. The reason for this is that there are tiny tiny input errors. For example my Kensou problem was a result of QCF's being rushed as well as the second punch coming out a taaaaad early so the punch would land on the down forward rather than the clean forward. For Ralph it was that when going into down forward, I would sometimes hook too hard with my ring finger and it would turn into d, df which counted towards the super's buffer.

Input leniency has breeded a generation of fighters with bad habits. Mashing DP's or inputting your DP as f, df, d, df, f, or a similar derivative will be accepted as a DP to the game due to input leniency but will also build inputs towards future buffers. Learn to do everything perfectly clean and you'll be ok.
老天爱笨小孩