Author Topic: An interesting (and somewhat disturbing) KoF discussion.  (Read 2004 times)

CJ

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
An interesting (and somewhat disturbing) KoF discussion.
« on: July 04, 2014, 03:24:01 AM »
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/722788-ultra-street-fighter-iv/69508985

Someone had messaged me this and I thought it would be a good idea to relay it here to see what people thought.  It talks about Kof's mechanics and SF's.

Some things I thought were interesting:

A lot of the people feel qualified to comment on a game they aren't familiar with, saying things like it's badly balanced based on some top 8 picks, counter pick heavy  and everything else.

Obviously most people will always go with what they prefer, but people refuse to think critically.

The Kof side seems to have the debate a bit stronger in terms of how the game is designed.  I'd imagine this is because the overwhelming majority of Kof players have played SF4 and other games, whereas most SF players have never played Kof.

It's interesting nonetheless.  Maybe somebody wants to add an educated opinion from here.  I'm just bringing it to your attention since I thought it was only fair.

NipponIchi!

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: An interesting (and somewhat disturbing) KoF discussion.
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 01:03:14 AM »
To me it seems more like a KoF vs SF type of thread.I'll try to read all 33 pages.There has been a similar thread in shoryuken and I think it has received some good answers.If the link you posted consists mostly of people debating over SF and KoF and taking sides depending on the game they play/like more,I'll try to provide the shoryuken one where a member who plays both replies in some really detailed posts.Of course if anyone's interested in that.

Sorry for necro.