Author Topic: KOF XIII 11th General Thread: China On Top (@EVO2014), Full Steam Ahead  (Read 30380 times)

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
I also hope to hear about at least 02UM on Steam.

Didn't know GGPO 98 and 02 were getting hundreds of players daily still, but being the free PC games that've been available for maybe a decade, it's not that surprising

I'll also hope that as a good game, XIII has a longer longevity than expected.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
I feel that KOFXIII would have more longevity potential if the netplay was better, and the game had a bit more frequent updates similar to some anime games, and like SF4. Just to keep things a bit more fresh in the game once in a while.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Paul Howard

• New Challenger
  • Being on Jesus' Side, I already win.
    • View Profile
I hope everyone's OK. I apologize for not communicating here for so long, but just tons of stuff was keeping me busy and I couldn't even touch my PC some days. But I landed a job at Comcast (INB4 hate from Satellite customers lol--but I wouldn't get that here......or would I???)! Training starts next month. I also got caught up in the swirling vortex of all bad endings that is Dark Souls (Hanging in Oolacile contemplating Kalameet battle), the heartstring-tearing epicness that is Season Two of Telltale's The Walking Dead (Ep. 3), and the addictive realm of the Free To Play Steam game Unturned (looking at building a base). Please, forgive me for my long hiatus. So, all in all, I'm still here, still FGing, still formulating teams.
XBL/Steam: capamerica137
Let's Go Falcons! #RiseUp #NFL

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
I feel that KOFXIII would have more longevity potential if the netplay was better, and the game had a bit more frequent updates similar to some anime games, and like SF4. Just to keep things a bit more fresh in the game once in a while.

I agree on the console/initial netplay, but one thing I wouldn't be too keen on is the annual updates like SF4 or anime games gets. I understand how it keeps things fresh for some people, but I wonder if it really needed it for the balance issues other games have.

@Paul Howard, welcome back. Congrats on the new job, and nice to see you around again.
-Terry Bogard, 1995

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
I know it would be weird for a KOF game to have frequent updates, but I feel there is so many things KOFXIII console/steam version can have and improve upon to make it more fun and a different experience at different times while keeping it KOF.

warmachine rhodes

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
I know it would be weird for a KOF game to have frequent updates, but I feel there is so many things KOFXIII console/steam version can have and improve upon to make it more fun and a different experience at different times while keeping it KOF.

yea i feel the same. i still enjoy playing the game as i just started playing kof 13 when steam edition came out. Snk would do the game alot of good just releasing an update just to fix some of the bugs in the game and make very slight tweaks to the chars. Hopefully snk releases 2k2um and 98 umfe on steam with a good netcode.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
For the whole FG community to get excited about it, I suspect the updates would have to be way more than what Climax edition was for XIII (before the Steam version), like where Capcom released new characters and new balance details for every character, sometimes based on community feedback instead of overall balance equilibrium.

The biggest fixes I remember XIII getting was from arcade to console, which was like SFIV vanilla to Super. Arcades were the best place to make changes for the general communities on console and now PC, as it made a good testing ground. I hope it's something XIV, or any SNK fighter continues. If the rumor was right about SNK wanting to release footage for the new games at a more arcade-centric event unlike EVO, maybe that will continue.
-Terry Bogard, 1995

KLSADAKO

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
haha I thought KOF was meant to die after EVO, I just watched 4 tournaments this past weekend ^^

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
haha I thought KOF was meant to die after EVO, I just watched 4 tournaments this past weekend ^^

I'm glad it's still running in places.
-Terry Bogard, 1995

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile

Which ones? Give us links man. :)

KLSADAKO

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile

Which ones? Give us links man. :)

1/ Resistance 2 , won by Pachukof
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJTUItwpgoQFE4kRWmXtqEv3A4lCplL0b

2/ FIGHT AGAIN! , won by Foomy
http://www.twitch.tv/f_swipes/c/4803252

3/ KOF XIII Mini Torneo , won by AGUILA (high level stuff here)
http://www.twitch.tv/mexikof/c/4810299

4/ CACOMP VI , won by Robkof
(Can't find the link anymore, its a Brazilian tournament)

Sonikku

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Nice to know that everyone in this site is still doing well. Wish I could find a scene here for KOF XIII in SoCal :(
Anywho anything new going on? Haven't been keeping track lately

Malik

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Student of this game called life....
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 11th General Thread: China On Top (@EVO2014), Full Steam Ahead
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2014, 07:11:50 PM »
Anyone who plays KOFXIII still should come to NEC this year, there is a $1,000 pot FREE ENTRY tournament so show your support. Link to the thread is here so make travel arrangements, request days off, save your coins starting now because if you live anywhere NEAR this side of the country and miss this one not due to school or work obligations, you will regret it. Hope to see all KOF players there.
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile