Author Topic: Battle 4 Mexico 2010 Live Results from Juarez, Mexico as they happen!!  (Read 14239 times)

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: Battle 4 Mexico 2010 Live Results from Juarez, Mexico as they happen!!
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2010, 12:39:57 PM »

Mr. KOF is right KOF 13 IS NOW..and KULA IS PLAYING IT NOW....he has a bootleg version of it for the arcade but HE IS PLAYING IT NOW..this is word I heard from a very reliable bird LAST NIGHT..so practice up AI...Kula is getting ready for YOU.

????

KOF XIII: billy, ralf, clark
KOF XII: ralf,kyo,ryo

Rex Dart

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2010, 03:39:33 PM »
Yeah, that's pretty sucky if true.

Piracy has always bugged me, but when it's happening to such a small company and a struggling series, it becomes more than an annoyance to me.

Dark Geese

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2010, 07:06:54 PM »
Yeah I don't know the details but all I know is that Kula is playing KOF13.

And Rex Dart most of those sentences those people are saying to you are just plain ignorant, but what do you expect from the USA? I expect nothing less...

I pity those of you that still have to tolerate this type of stuff..because you all see I don't...

Rex Dart

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2010, 07:26:55 PM »

And Rex Dart most of those sentences those people are saying to you are just plain ignorant, but what do you expect from the USA? I expect nothing less...

Huh?

Sorry, but I don't follow. Who is "those people"? What are they saying?

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2010, 07:50:46 PM »

Man I feel so outta the loop. I haven't played XIII yet with the A.I. guys and I don't have anyone who really cares about KOF in my area like MEX. I really want to be a frequent tournament member for XIII and other KOFs.

I'm so fucking sick of asking people in my area if they play KOF and getting responses like:

Have you tried bringin KOF to any of the gaming gatherings in your area for they can try out?
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Dark Geese

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2010, 07:56:08 PM »
Oh sorry Rex Dart that was actually intended for Gravelneed my bad I got the names mixed up lol.

Gravelneed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2010, 10:29:01 PM »
Have you tried bringin KOF to any of the gaming gatherings in your area for they can try out?

Unfortunately, I'm in North Myrtle Beach now. I asked people in the fg community online but they weren't willing to travel here from the bigger cities in SC for KOF. So I tried organizing some local play from the people here over the summer. Since this is a resort area, I had a whole lot of people to ask. I said I would have a fighting game called KOF and other SNK games. They said ok but most people asked if SF would be there. I said no. A lot brushed me off or said some really ignorant shit about SNK/KOF but I did get a some people to come to my resort hotel and play. About 8 or so. Great.

Some asked again if I had SF and again I said no. I decided to start with a game that most people are familiar with even if you don't know KOF that well. Which is KOF 98UM. As I'm putting in the game, one jackass says:"I remember that game. It felt like a glitchy ROM." *sigh* Then some started to talk to him asking if the game was really that bad. I said please just try out the game first. We started doing a round robin type thing as I was teaching them about the mechanics. I asked them if they played SF. The majority were familiar with it. So I did my best to explain that this game is similar but still very different.

Well, we didn't make it past 98UM. It was like a nightmare. People were leaving left and right. The day wasn't a complete loss though. One guy and one girl stayed to play several SNK games with me. Mainly KOF. They enjoyed it a lot. Both were picking up the games quite well. The girl even asked me if there was a current gen game of KOF. I said:"XIII will be coming to soon. Look up some videos and go to Dreamcanel.com or Orochinagi.com."

They said for me to let them know if I do something like this again. That was in August. So I tried. lol
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 10:35:49 PM by Gravelneed »

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2010, 12:53:41 AM »
^ You didn't keep in contact with the last two people? No exchange of phone numbers, email, etc?

Forgive me if I'm derailing your thread, DG.

Dark Geese

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2010, 02:08:33 AM »
^ You didn't keep in contact with the last two people? No exchange of phone numbers, email, etc?

Forgive me if I'm derailing your thread, DG.

No go right ahead you ain't derailing..the more chatter the better, and hey I don't have to deal with the crap it would be like at SRK..you know what I mean..

Gravelneed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2010, 08:09:53 AM »

Actually I still keep in contact with them regularly. I've played them individually twice since August. We are all trying to find time for us three play at once. lol They live 2 states away but still came. Even with how busy they are. :3 I just haven't tried to ask around for casual sessions because it's off season now. Nobody is here anymore. lol

Anyway, DG, how much would a trip and stay in Mexico cost me? Also, how many days are these usually?

I'm trying to assess as much as possible beforehand.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 08:16:14 AM by Gravelneed »

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2010, 09:23:22 AM »

Actually I still keep in contact with them regularly. I've played them individually twice since August. We are all trying to find time for us three play at once. lol They live 2 states away but still came. Even with how busy they are. :3 I just haven't tried to ask around for casual sessions because it's off season now. Nobody is here anymore. lol

Oh thats cool man. Do y'all play online on GGPO or 2002UM on XBL?

Dark Geese: Is neo-geo hardware easy to come by and cheap in Mexico? I'm wondering because I really wanted to know how exactly KOF2002 is so plentiful down there, that it seems it is easier for Mexicans to get than other games, if I'm not mistaken. Also, I'm asking this because you interviewed someone in Juarez asking how long 2002 was going to last, and he said maybe 5 or more years...

Gravelneed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2010, 05:47:03 PM »
Oh thats cool man. Do y'all play online on GGPO or 2002UM on XBL?

My laptop isn't very good so I can't play any games on it. So I've never acutally experienced GGPO or anything. I also don't have a 360 so...yeah. I suck. lol I'm an huge SNK fan but have never played online at all. Like I said I'm really outta the loop. The friends I play with actually drive to where I am when they can so I'm grateful for that.

Dark Geese

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2010, 01:00:41 AM »
Gravelneed- From where you are in South Carolina? Basically depends on what part of Mexico you'd be interested in flying to..basically if you have a passport and want to hit up a border city just fly to El Paso..so basically it's whatever it takes for you to fly to El Paso, Texas....

Desmond- Everyone has access to Neo Geo hardware in Mexico, everyone...that's what keeps the older games alive right now and creates the monsters that Mexico and Latin America has, because everyone has access to it, so there are plenty of strong players throughout Mexico, so it is truly hard to say in every KOF game definitively who is the best in Mexico because as you see, there is a lot of skill in Mexico, hell there is a lot of skill in Juarez alone...

But with that said, like 2002, more and more the newer games are spreading around Mexico, as I have found out South Mexico may be the strongest in KOFXI, and many people in South Mexico are very strong at 2002 UM, 98UM is catching like wildfire, and 13 is starting to circulate so as I say if you people want competition bottom line is how far are you willing to go for it, it's not gonna knock at your door, if you want it you have to go get it!!!

Now here is the only video post for Battle 4 Mexico 2010 I will do, and it is the playlist, so knock yourself out..all videos from Battle 4 Mexico 2010 are located right here-

http://www.youtube.com/user/DarkGeese#grid/user/1F915BEFA0E0A78A

-DG

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2010, 10:50:35 PM »
How and where did a lot of the Mexicans get a hold of so much neo-geo hardware? Up here, it is very scarce and expensive but how is it cheap and plentiful in Mexico? Is neo-geo hardware easier to get than a PS2? Plus why is 2002 more popular than 98? Is there just more copies of 2002 than 98 (or any other KOFs)?

Also, how is KOFXI more popular than KOF98UM? How are games standardized down there to make people play them?

Dark Geese

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2010, 12:35:28 AM »
Neo Geo hardware is much easier to get in Mexico, plus the culture is different in Mexico, remember people play KOF in Mexico like people here play SF, so they have had access to the multi KOF boards and arcades since the beginning and they still draw money in the arcades. Now sure you have KOF Plus which is a hacked version and stuff like that, but KOF still draws arcades money in Mexico so it is still there and it's pretty cheap especially now and days to gain access to those boards. 2002 is more popular than 98 in Mexico because it is a faster game. Mexican style is more about speed than anything else, take a look at Angel and Angel alone personifies what Mexican KOF is about. Speed, overwhelming you with too many options, patience at the right time etc!

How is KOFXI more popular than 98UM? Access. KOFXI came out in like 2005 and 98UM recently so KOFXI has had a 3 year jump on 98UM. In South Mexico SNKp screwed up and they only have the betas for the games RECENTLY..so but they are picking up on 98UM more than ever, and even then, because of how strong they are in regular 98, it does not take them long at all to get to a respectable level in 98UM.

KOFXI SNKp got it right, one version that everyone down South and a lot in the North got access to.

But otherwise simply due to access, regular 98 is more popular, but as I say time is changing, more and more are playing and gaining access to the newer games, which as I say means in due time 13 will be very hot down South...

Also as much as I do know about Mexico, there is a lot still I am discovering, like Kula has played NGBC (when he was using Big against me in 98UM I explained that was where my experience vs. Big came from, how I knew to poke him out with Eiji etc because in 98UM he's just a watered down version of NGBC Big, and he says he knows how to play him in that, we didn't get time for that but OBVIOUSLY something for next time.), SvC Chaos, and there are pockets and areas down South where you can level up in Samurai Showdown, so while KOF dominates Mexico, you can level up in almost any SNK game if you are in the right location. All of this I will be exploring as my quest for domination continues!!! (What better way than to train with Kula, Osmani, Luis Cha, Kane999, Zeus, and top Mexican players???)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 01:06:35 AM by Dark Geese »