Author Topic: Kim Kaphwan (Arcade Version)  (Read 34309 times)

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: Kim Kaphwan
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2011, 08:01:27 AM »
kim can even jump in attack, hard attack ;dn ;df ;fd ;dn ;df ;fd ;d;dn ;db ;bk ;d;fd ;fd ;a in corner. meaning he can do all this without using any dc at all, he does use lots of bar though. since i cant play the normal version its hard for me (crappy controlls and framerate changes during combos are HARD). it seems after the launch super if you hit hangetsuzan twice your  ;fd ;fd ;a into ex  ;dn ;db ;bk ;b ;d the last move will hit 4 times! but if the hangetsuzan hits 3 times the last move im talking about hits 3 times.

jump in attack, hard attack,  ;dn ;df ;fd ;dn ;df ;fd ;d;dn ;db ;bk ;d;fd ;fd ;a;dn ;db ;bk ;b ;d;dn ;up ;b (DC),  ;dn ;db ;bk ;d;dn ;up ;d (DC),  ;dn ;db ;bk ;b ;d after this you can finish it any way you want. what im curious about is is it possible to catch them with another  ;fd ;fd ;a after this (it should be imo, but timing!!!)? like i said, the combos are easy but timing is terrible when there is no stable framerate.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2011, 10:56:17 AM »
i'm glad that Kim doesn't have his rekkas anymore... while his old style is still awesome and kim in 2K2 is amazing... XIII Kim and his new way of gameplay is very interesting... my personal favorite combo with Kim right now is...

j.D,s.D, qcb.D, DC, qcfx2.B, ff.A, qcb.BD, ff.A, qcb.D...

j.D,s.D, qcb.D, DC, qcfx2.B, qcb+D (2Hits), ff.A, qcb.BD, ff.A, qcb.D.

You can't link the second ff.A at the very full screen range but the combo travels too much if you're just at 2/3 of the screen you're close enough to combo.

To do the qcb.D 2 hit the timing is a bit tight, on my screen i must the D button when the char is floating near the bottom of his picture (The hud picture at the right of the lifebar).

Mine does 479, your 481 /sadface, the number of hits is high enough to make one more hit lowering the whole combo.
s.D, qcb.D, DC, qcfx2.B, qcb+D (2Hits) (316Dmg)
s.D, qcb.D, DC, qcfx2.B, qcb+B (303Dmg)

- (Corner - 2 Ex) s.C,qcf qcf.B,qcb.D (2Hits),ff.A,qcb.BD (4Hits),d~u.D,d.D (471Dmg)

- (Corner - 2 Ex) d.B,d.B,qcf qcf.B,qcb.D (2Hits),ff.A,qcb.BD (4Hits),d~u.D,d.D (451Dmg)

I'm going to suicide myself, i made a video 2 days after a found a way to do better combo :

- (Corner - 1 Ex - 1 DC) s.C,qcf.B,d~u.B,(SC)qcf qcf.B,qcb.D,d~u.D,d.D (445Dmg)

I thought it was impossible to do the sc cancel and i'm nearly sure it's impossible to do d~u.B,(DC),qcf.B,qcf qcf.B

- d.B,d.B,qcf qcf.B,qcb.D (2Hit),ff.A,qcb.D (303Dmg)

kimvideo

kimvideo2

kimvideo3
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 10:37:08 AM by Sharnt »
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2011, 10:11:04 PM »
767 damage in corner.

jump in  ;d;c;dn ;df ;fd x2  ;d;dn ;db ;bk ;d (2 hits),  ;fd ;fd ;a;dn ;db ;bk ;b ;d;dn ;up ;b (dc),  ;dn ;db ;bk ;d;dn ;up ;d (dc)  ;dn ;db ;bk ;b ;d;dn ;db ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd ;b ;d.

if you want you can use dm instead for 1 bar less, or use  ;dn ;up ;d and finisher for no meter ending.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2011, 10:56:09 PM »
@MUSOLINI - You are spending 4 bars and 100% HD gauge to do that combo... Rather than doing that, you might as well enter HD mode and you'll probably end up doing more damage with your combo... Although one good thing about not entering HD mode is you are most likely able to build up 1 extra meter during the combo... But his NeoMax is the least scaled out of all of the ones I've seen so far... So entering HD mode and finishing the combo with it is probably the best idea if you are going to burn all your meter...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2011, 04:48:43 AM »
indeed, this wouldf be more logical and conservetive:

jump in  ;d,  ;c,  ;dn ;df ;fd x2  ;d,  ;dn ;db ;bk ;d (2 hits),  ;fd ;fd ;a,  ;dn ;db ;bk ;b ;d,  ;dn ;up ;b (dc),  ;dn ;db ;bk ;d,  ;dn ;up ;d and finisher. this one does good damage for 2 bars and half dc bar. 547 damage seem to be my best one so far using 2 super bars and 1 dc bar.

funny thing is with the combo i mentioned earlier you can actually do more damage before you go into using the dc bar if you go straight into NM, does like 800 or even more. i do think this looks flashier than the hd combos but you deliver 20% or so damage by not going hd mode.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 05:36:02 AM by MUSOLINI »

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2011, 03:27:50 PM »
Hishokyaku  - + ;b/ ;d (in air) *
This move has a follow-up.
Do a  ;d at the end of the move will add 4 damage and reset the ennemy so he's standing on his leg instead of be knockeddown. It can also punish a punishment if you're doing the move in guard.
Seems to connect only on corner on every character.

Then i asked a friend of mine he says it's like this since fatalfuryspecial =_=

---

Avoid double posting -Kane317

Theorically it's a 100% stun combo (80% Drive 4.3 Ex)
J.C,far.D,cl.C,qcb.B,d~u.B,(SC)qcfqcf.B,qcb.D,d~u.B,(SC)qcfqcf.B,qcb.D,[ff.A,qcb.BD]*4,ff.A,qcf.D,(DC)qcb.BD,d~u.D,d.D (Stun)
[qcb.B (whiff)]*2
J.C,far.D,cl.C,qcfqcf.B,qcb.D,d~u.D,d.D

I'm trying to do a video for fun.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 11:33:29 AM by Sharnt »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2011, 10:10:18 PM »
I don't remember seeing him with a stun combo, add him to this growing list; good find.

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 16, 2011, 10:35:25 PM »
I don't remember seeing him with a stun combo, add him to this growing list; good find.

Not really it's more a funny one, it's too hard to do it because of the j.C,far.D,cl.C, range is really tight. Good only for videos.

It's a corner combo obviously i forget to say it.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 10:37:15 PM by Sharnt »

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2011, 07:48:42 PM »
the stun combo also is only possible with kim as final character. he can kill opponent though.

HaxMurderer

• Strongest Tiger
  • aka NegroNinja aka Biki aka HotPockets
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2011, 11:16:14 PM »
Stun combo from midscreen :O Kim Stun Combo - AMERICAN VERSION!!!!!!!

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2011, 03:15:58 AM »
maybe its just me but i think he needs his rekkas back ( ;dn ;db ;bk ;a or  ;c 3x) i think its a better way to apply prussure then  ;dn ;db ;bk ;k

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 31, 2011, 01:25:52 PM »
Please edit your posts in future instead -Kane317

I was looking for new ways to combo, and with some help from japan players (no srly if you don't have seen it take a look : KOF XIII KCE公開動画 その320 Conclusion2011 vol 1(Kim&Psycho)) because i thought qcf.BD won't combo after ff.A (you must delay the qcf.BD).

The regular easy combo : Corner cr.B,cr.B,s.B,qcb.BD,ff.A,qcb.BD,d~u.D,d.D

The more difficult and optimized one (especially in terms of gauge and stun, damage increase is risible, look at the pictures) : Corner cr.B,cr.B,s.B,qcb.BD,ff.A,qcf.BD(3hits),qcb.D(3hits),d~u.D,d.D

---

From people playing the console version ff.A seems to hit crouching opponents 0_o"

---

Sorry for multipost :
(Console version obly)
Is possible in corner :
cr B, cr B, st B, ff A, air qcf BD, C [MAX MODE]

Midscreen :
d.B,d.B,s.B,ff.A,qcf.BD,s.C,ff.A,qcb.D

though : qcf.BD,s.C just frame link (s.B 2frame link)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 08:50:09 PM by Kane317 »

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 01, 2011, 01:34:06 AM »
From people playing the console version ff.A seems to hit crouching opponents 0_o"

Wow, that is crazy. I didn't think he needed that buff at all. All I wanted was the EX version of his air DM.

Speaking of his EX air DM, does anyone think it will change his optimal combos at all?

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 01, 2011, 01:48:10 AM »

Wow, that is crazy. I didn't think he needed that buff at all. All I wanted was the EX version of his air DM.

Speaking of his EX air DM, does anyone think it will change his optimal combos at all?

Nop, i think qcf.BD will take place of any SDM move.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 03, 2011, 05:02:39 AM »
Ok first page updated with the console changes.

---

*Recovery on EX Hishoukyaku improved. Follow-ups possible.
*ff.A has been improved to hit crouching opponents who are in hit stun.
-Recovery on hangetsuzan lengthened
*Air hangetsuzan hits crouching opponents who are in hit stun. However, upwards hitbox has been reduced.
*EX hangetsuzan has better recovery when blocked
-Properties of fbx2.K have changed. Both versions below have extended recovery on a whiff
Weak ver: Invincible, blows back opponent horizontally
Strong ver: No invincibility, launches straight up
-Weak Hienzan has less invincible frames. Also note well that invincibility is upper body only.
*EX Air phoenix kick added. There are a few frames of invincibility on the initial attack frames.

Yamamoto:
Hangetsuzan isn’t safe on guard so be careful. On the other hand is ff.A can hit crouching opponents in hit stun and EX hangetsuzan can be followed by ff.A in the middle of the screen so regardless of the opponent’s status or distance there will always be combo options available to Kim. So a little bit of a change, let’s use various moves to rush the opponent down without giving them a break!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 06:55:49 AM by Kane317 »