Author Topic: Arcade Ufo meet ups  (Read 3545 times)

Jammerlich

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Arcade Ufo meet ups
« on: November 15, 2010, 05:42:14 AM »
I noticed there was no offline matchmaking thread for Arcade UFO. I'm not very good at the game so don't expect immediate competition from me. I was just hoping to stir up some interest in the game by playing on a weekly basis. Maybe seeing people play the game will give some other people the incentive to try it.   I'll try to keep track of this thread and its replies.  I'll most likely be swinging around after 8 or 9 on Friday or Saturday. If anyone wants to set up a specific day feel free to.

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: For what system will you buy KOF XIII
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 07:32:48 AM »
How come there's no noise from UFO About the KOF 13 cab?  Since you're near or go there appearing from your last post, can you give us some info on the goings ons over there?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Arcade Ufo meet ups
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 01:29:51 PM »
I noticed there was no offline matchmaking thread for Arcade UFO. I'm not very good at the game so don't expect immediate competition from me. I was just hoping to stir up some interest in the game by playing on a weekly basis. Maybe seeing people play the game will give some other people the incentive to try it.   I'll try to keep track of this thread and its replies.  I'll most likely be swinging around after 8 or 9 on Friday or Saturday. If anyone wants to set up a specific day feel free to.

Think this is an excellent idea, you should try suggesting to the owner to add the 3+1 button layout as that'll probably encourage more players as well (At AI it's like 90% 3+1 players and 10% 2+2).

Jammerlich

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 07:24:46 PM »
How come there's no noise from UFO About the KOF 13 cab?  Since you're near or go there appearing from your last post, can you give us some info on the goings ons over there?

Honestly I'm not sure how many people play it since I just started playing it recently. It took me a while to man up and be willing to pay a dollar a play. Outside of me and my friend there were 2 other people who were playing when I was there last Friday. I was only able to challenge one of them since I was out of money once the other guy showed up.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 08:07:02 PM »
How come there's no noise from UFO About the KOF 13 cab?  Since you're near or go there appearing from your last post, can you give us some info on the goings ons over there?

Honestly I'm not sure how many people play it since I just started playing it recently. It took me a while to man up and be willing to pay a dollar a play. Outside of me and my friend there were 2 other people who were playing when I was there last Friday. I was only able to challenge one of them since I was out of money once the other guy showed up.

A DOLLAR?  Wow.  Started at 50cents, and then maybe 6 weeks later it dropped to a quarter.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 08:18:05 PM by Kane317 »

Jammerlich

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 08:22:22 PM »
Yeah I generally walk in there with 3 to 4 dollars so a loss really sets you back. I envy you guys and your 25 cent cab. At that price it really encourages rematches.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010, 09:22:38 PM »
Yeah I generally walk in there with 3 to 4 dollars so a loss really sets you back. I envy you guys and your 25 cent cab. At that price it really encourages rematches.

I question the owner's business decision (and I understand that he or she is trying to recuperate the cost).   Even at 50cents (s)he'll probably make more money since psychologically the consumer will think it's cheaper but in actuality might spend more in rematches.  Plus there's only a 2+2 layout, (s)he needs to do more R&D.  Tell him or her "the other arcade in the US" has about 15 regular players doing the 3+1, and maybe 2-3 tops doing the 2+2 layout.  Investing in that extra button will go a long way.

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2010, 10:27:57 PM »

I question the owner's business decision (and I understand that he or she is trying to recuperate the cost).   Even at 50cents (s)he'll probably make more money since psychologically the consumer will think it's cheaper but in actuality might spend more in rematches.  Plus there's only a 2+2 layout, (s)he needs to do more R&D.  Tell him or her "the other arcade in the US" has about 15 regular players doing the 3+1, and maybe 2-3 tops doing the 2+2 layout.  Investing in that extra button will go a long way.
and this is why I am so appreciative of AI,  I don't know how I'd manage to improve if those rates were at AI, super slow for sure
" you fight well in the old style"

Ash2k4

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2010, 01:56:03 PM »

I question the owner's business decision (and I understand that he or she is trying to recuperate the cost).   Even at 50cents (s)he'll probably make more money since psychologically the consumer will think it's cheaper but in actuality might spend more in rematches.  Plus there's only a 2+2 layout, (s)he needs to do more R&D.  Tell him or her "the other arcade in the US" has about 15 regular players doing the 3+1, and maybe 2-3 tops doing the 2+2 layout.  Investing in that extra button will go a long way.
Well its been like that for a while now sf use to be a 1 dollar two but since people whined he made it 50$ and were talking about fubarduck here a legend lol But yeh sometimes l hate paying a dollar but hell its motive me more to win lol  l just hate we don't have a arcade down here. Best arcade is ufo and only place in texas that has kof 13:D
SNK WE ARE THE FUTURE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2011, 10:41:18 PM »
Any updates?  Any tourneys or videos of you guys playing?