Author Topic: Greetings from Germany!  (Read 1697 times)

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
Greetings from Germany!
« on: March 07, 2015, 11:33:55 PM »
So people, I'm one of the new additions!

My first experiences with fighting games came from the Arcades / NES / SNES from the mid 90's (Fatal Fury / Killer Instinct / Samurai Shodown / Mortal Kombat / Street Fighter II / Battle Arena Toshinden etc.)
I always loved the competitive nature and fun you could have with these (or teeth grinding, looking at you Bison / Eyedol!). I used to live in the states but i moved to Germany in 1997 (born 1990), basically since then i rarely had the opportunity to visit any arcades or get involved with any sort of game community except for online rpg's so i kind of took a vacation from fighting games... before i got into MMORPG'S however, i found my long lost love again... Beat 'em ups! Tekken / Dead or Alive / Bloody Roar you name it! Unfortunately the online thing wasn't that present around the beginning of the 2000's so i carried on...

Now I'm back playing and LOVING King of Fighters XIII! There are a few characters i recognize like Terry, Andy, Mai and Billy From Fatal Fury? and Kyo, Ash and Iori from the Anime.

As is i'm stuck to using a Keyboard for Controls but i won't let that keep me down! I hope we can play together and enjoy ourselves. Until then, let's sin ;)

P.S.: Read the Forum rules and i'm sorry I'm not from the U.S. :p

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
Re: Greetings from Germany!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 01:19:38 AM »
Welcome to the forums!
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 03:47:35 AM »

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 04:22:57 AM »
Welcome to Dream Cancel.

Even though it's for necessity, I applaud you as a keyboard player. If you've got the three KOF's on Steam, hope that's fun to play, or that you find a good stick or pad to play with later.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2015, 05:07:08 AM »
Welcome to Dream Cancel.

Even though it's for necessity, I applaud you as a keyboard player. If you've got the three KOF's on Steam, hope that's fun to play, or that you find a good stick or pad to play with later.
At first i also intented to get a Joystick ASAP, but now I'm moderately good with the keyboard. HD combo's are a pain to pull of with it though. Funny enough Kim is the character I'm most familiar with, but his Hienzan / Hangetsuzan HD cancel before the Hangetsuzan hits is near impossible to me. (Trial #8 >:( )

Also, thanks!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 05:08:46 AM by The Good Loser »