Author Topic: "You do not meet the conditions to enter" - After Alt+F4'ing a frozen Game  (Read 7892 times)

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
So I just wanted to give people who get freezes sometimes while in online matchmaking a heads up (player or ranked doesn't matter, it was player for me), don't press Alt+F4 as it will recognize it as a Rage Quit. If you do this freely each time the game freezes up and "Synchronizing" doesn't appear you will eventually, just like me, get banned.

The guy i was playing with told me that that happened to him too once, and that he was told to instead press "Alt+Enter" to minimize the screen and click on the Red "X" instead of Alt+F4. That way it wouldn't register as a rage quit while freezing. EDIT: Banned again, March 19th 2015 around 5 PM, same BS game froze for 10 mins, tried the "safe" version and still got banned. Don't. Leave. Period.

Unbanned 3 days later, the ban seems to be at 3 days for anyone wondering.

He also said it could take up to 30 days, so be wary... :O

For anyone wanting to test their luck

"For inquiries regarding KOF XIII Steam Edition, please contact us under the following E-Mail Address: info_steam@snkplaymore.co.jp"
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 08:11:39 PM by The Good Loser »

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Thanks for the heads up GL. Almost did this once, but didn't think it would register as a ragequit.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
I'll tell you guys when the Ban has been lifted. Till then -> Practice mode :o

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
Unbanned 3 days later :o

BodyOrgan

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Thanks for this, I'll be sure to kill my game in this manner in the future.

Does anyone know how many times you have to Alt + F4 before being banned? I ask because I did this about 15+ times one evening while playing a friend online because our game kept getting hung up at the "Synchronization" screen (pop-up). Not sure where the rage quit would be counted against you because most of those Alt + F4 came while transitioning to the character select screen. Only had to do 1-3 while in match when the "Synchronization" never ended.

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
I'm certain i did it max. 4 times bar none. Also, the rage quit kicks in as soon as the match is accepted (character selection and all that jazz)

Edit: Banned again Ladies and Gents! Exited once this time with the "safe" method, seems its not working either. My buddy and me had a freeze. Never leave. NEVER.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 07:37:05 PM by The Good Loser »

BodyOrgan

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Are you leaving closing the game when the "Synchronization" screen is up?

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
Are you leaving closing the game when the "Synchronization" screen is up?

It was round 4, the screen just froze, the background was moving, Synching didnt even pop up. For 10 minutes.

I'm a salty dog, I'm going to give this a try. I looked up some stuff at the SNK website and it basically has no support what so ever. Steam said they have nothing to do with it, so if you're banned you're up shits creek without  a paddle. Though i found this on their site in the corner of the XIII website: Game Manual

Here it says: "For inquiries regarding KOF XIII Steam Edition, please contact us under the following E-Mail Address: info_steam@snkplaymore.co.jp"

You betcha. Gonna post results, if any.

BodyOrgan

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Okay, maybe that's what's saving my bacon. I have only ever closed the game when frozen at the "Synchronization" screen be it in the game, at character select, etc...

I haven't confirmed this as it's only happened to me once, so this is all observation and theory. You might be able to artificially simulate the "Synchronization" screen at which point an Alt + F4 may work without banning you.

While playing a friend I accidentally hit the "Windows" key thus minimizing my game. I fully expected to have lost a character when restoring the game window, but to my surprise the game picked up from where I hit the "Windows" key. I can only guess it forced a "Synchronization" until I restored my window. Maybe when your game stops next time try hitting the "Windows" key, and then right click on the "KOF" icon in the task bar to select close (Alt + F4).

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
I even went into the task manager, nothing. : / this has happened with two different people btw.

BodyOrgan

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
They just need to remove the system. The only real solution to rage quitters or those who lose connection due to internet woes is simply to give the quitter (via connection or rage) a loss, and a win to the other player.

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
They just need to remove the system. The only real solution to rage quitters or those who lose connection due to internet woes is simply to give the quitter (via connection or rage) a loss, and a win to the other player.

at the very least in Player (Non-Ranked) matches yeah I sent the E-mail just now. gonna wait for a reply. Of course with that .jp ending i might have to expect some "chingchongtingtong white devil go home" in Moon Runes.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
Are you guys posting this stuff in the support section of the KOFXIII steam forums?
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
Are you guys posting this stuff in the support section of the KOFXIII steam forums?

Steam Customer Service Kof XIII

Someone had the same problem, "I have contact with steam's customers team, and they said none of their business." kek

As i said, i sent an E-Mail to the SNK Steam support, let's give that a try.

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
Unbanned 3 days later, again.