Author Topic: Street Fighter V  (Read 13012 times)

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
Street Fighter V
« on: August 28, 2015, 12:45:08 AM »
I wasn't terribly excited when this was first announced, but with the flow of news that's been coming in, I'm more interested than before.

So far we've had Ryu, Chun-Li, Charlie, M. Bison, Cammy, Birdie, Ken and Vega announced. There's also a new character called Necalli. And today at PAX Prime, R. Mika was announced.

I'm curious to see how the game will turn out. Did anyone get the SFV beta, by any chance?

EXWildWolf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: Street Fighter V
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 06:05:35 AM »
I'm definitely excited for Mika, Ryu and Necalli. The game is looking good so far and there isn't anything dumb on the system mechanics. From what I've heard, everybody is good and has something, it's not that anybody has nothing to not be able to deal with anybody else's stuff. I think I have the beta, but I'm not in a rush to get it. I can wait until release since it's later down the 1st quarter of next year. Also I've got some guy- who is a bit of a scrub - giving me details on what some characters can do.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 09:55:24 PM »

Swamp

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2015, 02:26:18 PM »
Street Fighter 5 Beta has been fully hacked and it's not available for offline play; all current characters available (minus Dhalsim). Not sure if I can post a link to it or not...

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2015, 09:21:48 PM »
Man, so much has happened with this game and I haven't updated the topic xD

Now that I think about it, despite keeping up with the news, I don't really watch a lot of gameplay...

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2015, 02:29:09 AM »
Man, so much has happened with this game and I haven't updated the topic xD

Now that I think about it, despite keeping up with the news, I don't really watch a lot of gameplay...

I can recommend (if you're not already subbed, which as a FG fan you probably are) Maximillian

Here's one of the last vids from the Beta #2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2LRZPqdBXY

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2015, 01:06:14 AM »
I usually don't immerse myself in gameplay videos of a game in beta until it looks like it's deep in development. I did the same for Killer Instinct and KOF XIII.

However, it does look like SFV is at that point already, so I guess it's time for me to start with this game.

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2015, 04:44:41 PM »
I think it's the one fighting game that is universally looked forward to for one reason or another. Playing it I enjoy it's like nothing that's already out there. I think there will be a lot of people that will try it quickly and throw it to the side because it takes a bit to get used to how it works.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2016, 11:13:52 AM »
This game is almost out. A cinematic story mode was announced with a release date for June.

lfrd

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2016, 03:57:35 AM »
One more day and it's SFV time :)

I think there will be a lot of people that will try it quickly and throw it to the side because it takes a bit to get used to how it works.
Yup. I assumed that most of them played USF4 as their first FG so adjusting to SFV will be difficult.

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2016, 07:57:46 AM »
I pre-ordered SFV for the price of 40 euros (physical copy for PC). This one seems more intresting to play than SFIV series. I tried USFIV for five minutes when it was free weekend on Steam once and uninstalled it, because it looked horrible and felt sluggish.

SFV seems to be slightly faster and more focused on being aggressive. I'm not a big fan of the looks of new characters and some of the returning characters look bit weird (What happened to Birdie?!). Guess I'll have to wait for Ibuki and Juri...

I'm more intrested about this crossplay feature. Could this be future of multiplayer in fighting games or failed experiment?
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2016, 07:00:04 PM »
I hear the release of SFV was riddled with issues. Big issues.

Oh Capcom...

But they should be fine. Daigo letting Lupe Fiasco beat him caused a lot of publicity and people will buy the game on that alone. And in case anyone didn't know, that did indeed happen.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2016, 09:31:00 PM »
Yeah...as I know I'm going to check V out eventually, I'm glad I waited. Discussion online about it makes me wonder if we're ever getting certain modes we considered standard, like Arcade. I know it doesn't have an arcade release (yet?) and other modes could compensate, but by the time I get it, I hope it's more what I wanted from it.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2016, 08:59:58 AM »
Edit: Played more, updating my impressions
I have played some online matches. It felt like eternity to find a match. I think all of my opponents played on PS4 and I have to say, I didn't notice any lag or other hiccups. Two of my opponents were from Britain (based on flag decal) and one from Nethrelands. Felt kinda weird to play against someone who isn't right next to you. I wish there would be some way to communicate, as I'd like to at least say "Good game". Too bad all of my matches were against Ryu. I would've tried to play against other characters. I play with Laura, because I wanted to try some brand new character, instead of returning cast and she has nice desing. BTW, I lost all of my matches :(

I had some performance issues in the beginning. I don't know did Capcom fix anything, but I lowered resolution scaling and game runs smooth. Maybe game is slighlty raw on optimization department, as my rig passes the recommended specs.

As for the music, it wasn't as boring as I thought at first. Game has two sets of music, Stage Themes (two versions per stage) and Character Themes. Stage themes are quite passable to good. From that set, my favorite is Hillside Plaza Alternative. Character themes are quite bland. Returning cast I guess has remixes of their old themes, which is quite boring. They aren't that enjoyable, except maybe Nash's theme. From this set I have to say my favorite is F.A.N.G.'s theme. It is so different from the rest and it could be in a KOF game :)

Graphical style... Not a huge fan. I'm not against 3D, but I don't know what I don't like about it. At least it is superior to SF IV's style, I thought that game horrible since day one. Character desings are probably worst. Faces look weird and women are maybe bit too "chesty" to my taste.

And finally to gameplay. I can appreciate that comboing might be easier. Hard to say when you play Laura, because it feels that majority of her moves aren't comboable. Watching some competetive footage, it feels like game has already been "tapped out".

Feel of the game is another story. Walking feels like sliding, jumping feels like you're being shooted through cannon, sometimes I think "I can't jump from dash?!". Maybe I'm too used to KOF's more "liberal" feel.

There isn't much to do. There is "story" mode, which is like prologue for each character. Reminded me of Guilty GEar Xrd's arcade mode. Cinematic Story mode has to be worth the wait. There is surival mode, which works like this: You pick the difficulty, character and then you have to survive set number of matches, for example on Easy, you have to fight 10 matches, Normal is 30 and so on. When you finish all the matches, you unlock additional colour for the character you used.

There is also Ranked and Casual match multiplayer mode. I haven't tried Battle Lounge, I guess I have to arrange something to try it. Training mode IMO has kinda clunky UI.

All in all, I'd say wait for at least few months. If you're like me who enjoys single player content in a fighting game, then I guess there isn't not much to do. Sure I can unlock extra colours for characters, but I don't like majority of the cast. There should be more characters in coming months. I guess I want to try Alex, Ibuki and Juri most, so I'll save my fight money for those.

If like to play against someone over internet, I still recommend you to wait for more. As I said, getting a match can can be painful and I don't know is the fighting system that enjoyable.

Guess I'll be playing this more. I want at least one win in online mode and I want my money's worth. I only paid 40 euros, so it wasn't that big investment, although this is the most expensive game I've ever bought....
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 10:26:21 PM by Custle »
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2016, 03:22:07 AM »
I'm inched closer to wanting to get this now that Alex is out, but I'm still holding out.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995