Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 342503 times)

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #1035 on: April 14, 2016, 04:25:21 PM »
Daimon got too hype for his own trailer

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: April 14, 2016, 04:42:06 PM »
I wouldn't worry too much. Japan is kinda in bad spot for seismic activity and apparently this wasn't that strong.

Edit 1: And HERE!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKvEsIYYcks

Edit 2: My bets were 0.5/3 correct :)

Edit 3: Mai looks like Mai with more robust moveset compared to XIII. Banderas looks cool and yay, pre-battle dialogues with voices! Seems like we got a little love triangle brewing :P
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 05:09:35 PM by Custle »
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: April 14, 2016, 05:27:17 PM »
Loved it lmao

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: April 14, 2016, 05:28:27 PM »
They both look fantastic.

SNKP has been killing it with the brand new characters, so many good ones.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: April 14, 2016, 05:35:48 PM »
FINALLY! Mai is here <3

My thoughts:
I like this new version of her Real Bout/XIII costume. With flowers and details. But maybe I would prefer her tie waist black, same as the belt, and it could be awesome if she got two tails, instead of one. I totally love, however, she got back her rope on her back.

About her moveset, I'm a bit confused. She has now her Kagerou no Mai (fire hurricane) but I fear is a DM, not a regular special move, what is not really good news. I think she probably will have same special moves than in XIII. But at least she has her two kicks target combo on air.
I think there is a lot of fire missing here... Chou Hisatsu Shinobi Bachi and Ryuenbu need MORE fire.

Her stand is exactly the same than in KOF XIII and her Ryuenbu as well. Not my favourite, but ok.
Is her voice same in KOF Maximum Impact??

About Banderas. LOL to his name Banderas Hattori xDDDDD
I liked him! He looks very interesting. He has a counter.

It was a funny trailer with all that dialogue, but I would like now to hear properly Mai ingame voice...
Oh well. Looks like I'm going to have a ninja team after all! :D
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: April 14, 2016, 06:02:47 PM »
Cool trailer.. Mai looking nice, she seems taller and they gave her a varied moveset, I hope she has qcb+K fan swipe.

Banderas is the typical ninja, seems hella tricky.

@Diavle yeah my words exactly. SNK releasing great characters. They are on top.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: April 14, 2016, 06:09:09 PM »
Yay! Some dialogue in these videos!

Goofy-looking guy, but his movelist seems a bit generic. Still, I love me some character dynamics! Keep up the good work SNK!

EDIT - Relevant:

http://m.imgur.com/QONVIyz?r
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 06:22:49 PM by marchefelix »

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: April 14, 2016, 06:49:43 PM »
I remember in KOF XIII Mai could combo cr.C after Musasbi no Mai (qcb+C in air), but I don't remember she could enter st.C. i wonder if Musasabi no Mai allows combo now. That could be cool. She really needs somethin to combo outside MAX mode...
Cool trailer.. Mai looking nice, she seems taller and they gave her a varied moveset, I hope she has qcb+K fan swipe.
Not sure about that. I only see her 2 kicks in the air, what's nice, and her fire hurricane what looks like is a DM. So anything really new so far. I would prefer her fan dance (hakuro no mai) over her fan swipe, which more or less same tool ryuenbu is.

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: April 14, 2016, 06:58:43 PM »
Day after day, XIV is shaping to be the game XIII should've been in my eyes. Still waiting for publisher for EU release :)

I wonder if there some dialogue between Banderas and Andy like "Stay away from my woman!"?
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: April 14, 2016, 07:45:32 PM »
Day after day, XIV is shaping to be the game XIII should've been in my eyes. Still waiting for publisher for EU release :)

I wonder if there some dialogue between Banderas and Andy like "Stay away from my woman!"?

Depends on who's saying it.

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: April 14, 2016, 07:54:56 PM »
I just hope Mai's Climax is like her Neomax, punishes damn near everything from damn near anywhere. I'm already looking forward to playing her.

Banderas seems fun in general, command throw, substitution, rapid slashes, and some teleport attack.

Too many characters I want to play. Only three to a team. I feel trying to choose a main team of three is going to drive me crazy, but probably in a good way.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: April 14, 2016, 08:34:08 PM »

I wonder the same. Maybe now the Mai has a fan, a human fan I mean, who wants her to be his teacher Andy will show some love for Mai.. Or maybe not. I wouldn't mind if Mai finds a new boyfriend and breaks with Andy. After all she is the truly Shiranui heiress.

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: April 14, 2016, 08:42:12 PM »
I remember in KOF XIII Mai could combo cr.C after Musasbi no Mai (qcb+C in air), but I don't remember she could enter st.C. i wonder if Musasabi no Mai allows combo now. That could be cool. She really needs somethin to combo outside MAX mode...
Not sure about that. I only see her 2 kicks in the air, what's nice, and her fire hurricane what looks like is a DM. So anything really new so far. I would prefer her fan dance (hakuro no mai) over her fan swipe, which more or less same tool ryuenbu is.

I should of explained. I kind of meant compared to mai in XIII. She lost her ground cammand attacks and only had 1 DM variation in that version. At least she seems more complete in XIV.

Fan dance was to good in 97.

And don't forget we don't see the whole moveset in the trailers. Theirs a chance she has more.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: April 14, 2016, 09:01:38 PM »
Let's hope it! I also would like to see her EX versions. If they are different from XIII, and many characters have different EX versions they had in XIII, sure Mai will feel better and more consistent than in XIII.

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: April 14, 2016, 09:52:30 PM »
Mai in XIII didn't have a lot of differences in her EX moves compared to the regular specials she had, although she had more combo ability using her EX's. I would like her to have at least a double fan toss or make her hcf+B+D go into the air like in FF RB2. I'm sure the developers will do this to make her seem more ninja like.

So does this mean Mai can do air qcb+P into fire hurricane dm maybe!