Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 342502 times)

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #1050 on: April 15, 2016, 01:06:17 AM »
So does this mean Mai can do air qcb+P into fire hurricane dm maybe!

Maybe, it looks like she can juggle mid screen off of it this game, but it also maybe dependent on when the dive hits. On other things Mai, I'm glad she's got that command normal kick, even though it looks like the one Athena decided to stop using. It will likely mean they won't be giving her the sB, sD target combo she had from XIII, unless they choose to keep it for quick max confirms, but I hope she get her slide instead.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 02:07:43 AM by ottomatic »

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: April 15, 2016, 04:36:05 AM »

character profiles
http://blog.asia.playstation.com/sg-en/3308/2016/04/the-female-ninja-mai-shiranui-and-the-ninja-aficionado-banderas-confirmed-in-the-king-of-fighters-xivs-latest-reveal-trailer/
■MAI SHIRANUI

Mai is a “kunoichi” (female ninja) who masters the ancient Shiranui ninja arts, combatting enemies with her fans and great movement speed. Her battle dress and beauty have charmed millions of fighting game fans around the world over the past two decades. Discover in “KOF XIV” if Andy has finally expressed his feelings to Mai!

■BANDERAS HATTORI

Fascinated by ninjas since his childhood, his hard work and training have paid off, allowing him to acquire amazing ninjutsu / ninpo skills. Founder of the “Brazilian Ninja Arts” Dojo, Banderas unfortunately has no students at the moment. He hopes his participation in the KOF tournament will remedy this situation and bring a lot of students to his dojo.

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: April 15, 2016, 06:24:46 AM »

■MAI SHIRANUI

Mai is a “kunoichi” (female ninja) who masters the ancient Shiranui ninja arts, combatting enemies with her fans and great movement speed. Her battle dress and beauty have charmed millions of fighting game fans around the world over the past two decades. Discover in “KOF XIV” if Andy has finally expressed his feelings to Mai!

Sounds so juicy plot point, that I hope it won't be cop out :)

■BANDERAS HATTORI

Fascinated by ninjas since his childhood, his hard work and training have paid off, allowing him to acquire amazing ninjutsu / ninpo skills. Founder of the “Brazilian Ninja Arts” Dojo, Banderas unfortunately has no students at the moment. He hopes his participation in the KOF tournament will remedy this situation and bring a lot of students to his dojo.

I got the feeling that Banderas might've been inspired by Chipp Zanuff...
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: April 15, 2016, 07:48:02 AM »
Maybe, it looks like she can juggle mid screen off of it this game, but it also maybe dependent on when the dive hits. On other things Mai, I'm glad she's got that command normal kick, even though it looks like the one Athena decided to stop using. It will likely mean they won't be giving her the sB, sD target combo she had from XIII, unless they choose to keep it for quick max confirms, but I hope she get her slide instead.

Her target combo is really really good so in the best of worlds she'd get to keep it. I won't cry if she loses it, but i might if she gets that wonky old far D that's basically a really stiff looking sidestrep.

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: April 15, 2016, 08:38:27 AM »
Her target combo is really really good so in the best of worlds she'd get to keep it. I won't cry if she loses it, but i might if she gets that wonky old far D that's basically a really stiff looking sidestrep.

True her target combo had some great uses as a poke tool, but it may be superfluous depending on what command normals she gets and their comboability. If she gets her slide back I'd just hope she gets a far light that has command normal cancelability which would serve essentially the same purpose and more. But I don't make gameplay decisions and they may have already considered that and see it as too good of a tool, I wouldn't know. Whatever the case I'm looking forward to playing her and Banderas and ... everyone really.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: April 15, 2016, 09:46:00 AM »
Regarding the double kick... it may not be a new command at all. It's probably just part of her Rush combo. In case you guys haven't noticed, Rush combos have unique animations.

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: April 15, 2016, 10:04:22 AM »
Regarding the double kick... it may not be a new command at all. It's probably just part of her Rush combo. In case you guys haven't noticed, Rush combos have unique animations.

She does the double kick after what looks like a sA. It would be cool if mai made it in the Tokyo tournament build, who knows who will make it.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: April 15, 2016, 12:55:45 PM »
That target combo is the best thing of Mai I saw in the trailer. Well, I'm excited for Kagerou because I really missed that move, but is just a DM, no big thing. She had that kind of target combo in Real Bout. Let's hope she didn't lose her st.b>D target combo she had in XIII, it was her best hit confirm in ground game. I hope they just add this new air target combo to give her more tools in air. Without an aerial hit confirm her air DM was pretty useless.

Man, I would love to have Mai in 25th demo. But i guess she is too new  :(
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: April 15, 2016, 05:05:15 PM »

Man, I would love to have Mai in 25th demo. But i guess she is too new  :(

But she's a veteran lol... Well, sort of hehe. Just because she is a late reveal doesn't mean she cannot be included. They want to use characters who are close enough to being finished. The 25 character roster they select may not be the first 25 to be revealed through the trailers.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: April 16, 2016, 01:11:58 AM »
For that matter, a lot of the "new moves" we've been seeing in some characters may just be Rush combos.

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: April 16, 2016, 04:51:27 AM »

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: April 16, 2016, 07:38:43 AM »
Speaking of Mai, has she ever been "good" character in any game? I've played Fatal Fury games (not all of them), NGBC, SVC Chaos and many KOF games and I've always felt she was bit underwhelming. Maybe that's because I don't find playstyle so appealing or I haven't figured out how play her.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

Micky Kusanagi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: April 16, 2016, 04:30:25 PM »
Looks like SNK started having lots of fun making trailers since the 6th one. When I first saw it, I thought they had a confidence boost that allowed them to step their promotion up. The latest one is obviously hilarious, I love how Banderas -LMAO at his name, really...he even kinda looks like Antonio in the Zorro movies with the mask on xD- is Chipp, Bang and Shingo all in one, which ends up being creepy as fuck to Mai. OH FUJIYAMA KUNOICHI!! xD
But I'm also happy about Banderas's fighting style, because I love ninjas in fighting games (Capcom I'm looking at you...still waiting to see Geki playable again in SF <_<), and Hanzo and Galford are my favorite characters in the SS games where Shizumaru doesn't show up. Mai looks kinda alike her XIII incarnation with her (sadly super-only like KOFXI, probably) Kagero No Mai back. Given how the aerial kick chain is very likely part of her Rush, I hope she has another command move besides her knee drop and her air throw.
I'm so hyped for the next showings of the game, a whole lot of KOF goodness ahead!!
Ore no...kachi da!!

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: April 16, 2016, 04:57:44 PM »
I am no Mai player but I just wanna throw something out there:

Even if she does the air DM as the ending of the rush combo, that doesn't mean she can't do it non-rush combo. They specifically said different animations or not), the attacks are combos you could do yourself but the rush system will do it for you and if you have a bar left it will give you an ender (DM), just less damage overall. I suspect that she still either has a way of putting herself in the same position through another normal, command normal or the same as the auto combo move even.

If certain airborne DM situations stay auto combo exclusive and would somehow be activateable midair, that would give rush system a whole new value. (Good example, Kim's air DM)

Could look like this:   ;dn ;df ;fd ;dn ;df ;fd  ;b ,  ;dn ~  ;up  ;b , ;dn ~ ;up ;b and then mash the shit out of ;a in the corner
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 05:10:23 PM by The Good Loser »

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: April 16, 2016, 06:02:31 PM »
Holy smokes I just thought about something. Ralfs parts in the trailer... When he said galactica phantom there was a close up to his face and his fist as per the usual him saying it while clutching it back. I'm suspecting that he has the 2k2um version of his max2 where he would tackle and pound them and the last hit sends them flying (shown multiple times in the trailers), with a follow up galactica phantom that has a ones hot one kill potential if you hit the body right on the head while coming back down making him say "Hakaiyruku!" Which is what might cause the explosive fire we see in his trailer reveal.