Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 351436 times)

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #1320 on: May 01, 2016, 12:56:15 AM »
Frionel just said that in max mode you can't even DM you will only get the SDM.

Nah, they wouldn't do that, makes no sense.
I've been re watching footage and it seems to be the case tho

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: May 01, 2016, 01:39:37 AM »
I've been re watching footage and it seems to be the case tho

These players were finishing their combos using EX DMs inside and outside of max mode over 95% of the time.

If it were true then that would mean that SNK doesn't want people doing DM>CDM combos in max mode.

It would also mean that they would be forcing you do use meter when you didn't have to (why force players to use an EX DM when a regular DM can KO an opponent just because they have extra meter?).

If it really is true then they have put a pretty interesting 'limitation' to meter usage, as per the aforementioned reasons.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 01:58:47 AM by Diavle »

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: May 01, 2016, 02:09:00 AM »
@Diavle: you missed the point. SDM's cost as much as a regular DM in max mode, 1 bar. You essentially get the added bonus of max mode and its exes and can get a free higher damage version of your DM. You cannot DM at all in max mode apparently as it will only let you do SDM.doing an SDM or climax ends max mode. As soon as you do a SDM max mode ends and the climax in definately costs 3 bars. If you have 5 bars maximum damage is achieved by doing the combo into max mode mix in 3 ex's and end it with an SDM to Climax cancel.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: May 01, 2016, 02:28:55 AM »
Ah, thanks for the clear up, didn't realize you couldn't do regular DMs period in max mode.

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: May 01, 2016, 05:27:21 AM »
Ah, thanks for the clear up, didn't realize you couldn't do regular DMs period in max mode.

I don't think any of us realised it.

This will give even more thought to how to use max mode depending on your character.

@The Good Loser SDM (EXDM) is not cheaper in max mode, its 2 stocks max mode time included. Whilst not in max mode if you use regular EXDM it will be 2 stocks or if you super cancel into EXDM it will be 2 stocks still.

We are getting closer to understanding how the Gauge manipulation works. My brain hurts lol.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 05:48:11 AM by shinefist »

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: May 01, 2016, 10:08:41 AM »
@shinefist: as opposed to doing a DM in max mode which would cost a bar you get an SDM instead. You also get to do max mode stuffs. That's definitely cheaper. You get more for your dime is basically what I'm trying to say when you activate it in max mode rather than doing it raw.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 10:18:20 AM by The Good Loser »

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: May 01, 2016, 11:01:29 AM »
@shinefist: as opposed to doing a DM in max mode which would cost a bar you get an SDM instead. You also get to do max mode stuffs. That's definitely cheaper. You get more for your dime is basically what I'm trying to say when you activate it in max mode rather than doing it raw.

Oh I see what you mean, you do get much more opportunities at maximising your damage once in max mode. Obviously the more stocks the better.

Cant wait to see the official SNK system videos of their viewpoint on the matter. They should cover them in finer detail.

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: May 01, 2016, 12:36:18 PM »
The grand finals at KSB2016 showcased it pretty well look at 14:00 onward.

http://youtu.be/haknVwUmbZI

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: May 01, 2016, 01:13:39 PM »
I understand the gauges ok (obviously not that well :)). Its just a lot of us didn't know you was locked into using a EXDM whilst MAX  MODE is activated.

Reminds me of kof 99, when you have low health your dm was automatically transformed into an SDM.

Wonder if the Website will update tomorrow. Team art of fighting profiles are next to be unveiled as it says. Hopefully other parts of the sites may update too.

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: May 01, 2016, 01:48:59 PM »
I wasn't aware of it either frionel shared that info. Yea I wanna see more character profiles xD

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: May 01, 2016, 01:55:13 PM »
Wonder if the Website will update tomorrow. Team art of fighting profiles are next to be unveiled as it says. Hopefully other parts of the sites may update too.
Probably. SNK seems to have schedule when it comes to revealing information. Monday seems to be day for website updates, but what about trailers? Will they keep them on Thursdays or are they too on Mondays?
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: May 01, 2016, 02:13:39 PM »
@guess we have no other choice but to "stey tuned!" XD

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: May 01, 2016, 02:14:21 PM »
@The Good Loser: Frionel might have had some inside info. I mean the MAX MODE info was only recently discovered right. I would feel like s**t if Frionel new ages ago lol

@Custle: Beats me mate. If I was running the website I would release info twice a week. It would create more hype and interest. About the videos, We'll just have to ride it out this week and assume from then. After all its the start of their second week only for the new website.

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: May 01, 2016, 02:32:08 PM »
It was pretty recent I believe so don't worry xD

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: May 01, 2016, 03:14:43 PM »
Considering that game will be released in three months, the amount info they might pump out might surprise. My top priority is EU release date right now, so I can plan my PS4 purchase in advance.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?