Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 343468 times)

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #1470 on: May 14, 2016, 07:55:21 AM »
I wonder if Kyo's Ex RDP+K is still homing; since it has ground bounce, you probably could modify his Maxmode BnB to: s.C, df+D, [MM], s.C, df+D (1 hit), qcf+D, EX RDP+K, dp C (1 hit), [SC] Orochinagi.  (/End theory combo)

This is exactly why I would of thought the team videos would of showed the properties of the EX moves.

And that combo you mentioned kane, there is a high probability you can extend it with drive canel or Climax cancel. As these cancels lock the enemy in place to make sure they hit. Well, the Climax cancel definitely does.

Yes Kane317, Kyo's EX RDP+K is still homing like in XIII. And with ground bounce I wonder if you can do another qcf+D,D or the EX version after EX RDP+K. Maybe we can replicate kyo's 02 hcb+B juggle combos, with EX RED kick being the new hcb+B.

My phone switched off whilst I was modifying the message :(
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 09:30:41 AM by shinefist »

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: May 14, 2016, 08:44:53 AM »
This wall splatting and ground bouncing reminds me of Virtua Fighter 4. Not necessarily a bad thing, but we'll see how this mechanic turns out.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: May 14, 2016, 09:19:25 AM »
This wall splatting and ground bouncing reminds me of Virtua Fighter 4. Not necessarily a bad thing, but we'll see how this mechanic turns out.

Oh yeah, so it does.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: May 14, 2016, 10:49:50 AM »
Why sometimes C+D splatts and sometimes it doesn't? It has to be on counter or what?
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: May 14, 2016, 12:54:35 PM »
Why sometimes C+D splatts and sometimes it doesn't? It has to be on counter or what?

I always seen it splat all the time without it being on counter, but only whilst they are on the ground.

So can iori do his cammand grab then C+D for wall splat. C+D comes out quite fast too.

So it can be used for good damage combos if you get a good read on them and land a C+D.

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #1475 on: May 14, 2016, 10:23:11 PM »

I always seen it splat all the time without it being on counter, but only whilst they are on the ground.

So can iori do his cammand grab then C+D for wall splat. C+D comes out quite fast too.

So it can be used for good damage combos if you get a good read on them and land a C+D.
Not sure about the Iori throw to CD thing, but you're right about CD attacks splattering grounded opponents only, I saw AA CD and the result was typical knock back. I've asked many people about wall splat CD mid combo but as of yet it hasn't been tested (or at least no one reported back).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: May 17, 2016, 03:17:27 AM »

Custle

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: May 17, 2016, 07:09:15 AM »
So Goro has his ukemi or roll move. Never understood point of that. Did Shingo have something similar?

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: May 17, 2016, 08:36:55 AM »

Micky Kusanagi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: May 17, 2016, 01:17:22 PM »
This screen is full of, well, content xD
I don't remember if it has already been said, but I think this is one of the two faces in the Neo Esaka stage art -the one I thought it could be Kyo with a different hairstyle...
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/511179664069382144/FFbr5v-z.png
That KOF X Garou Densetsu game is a goldmine of wonderful art. Maybe the other face in the stage comes from there as well?
Ore no...kachi da!!

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: May 17, 2016, 03:38:07 PM »
Yea and I was sure the other one was mature

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: May 17, 2016, 03:44:54 PM »
So Goro has his ukemi or roll move. Never understood point of that. Did Shingo have something similar?

Daimon's roll moves were really good in XIII. The heavy version has invincibility and travels further than a normal evasion roll but the light version of the roll is what made the magic happen for Daimon in that game.

Unlike the heavy version, the light version had no invincibility but it could be cancelled into any of his special moves at any point in the animation, this let him extend the range on all his command grabs, and combos with command grabs, by a lot.

Just to give you an example of the range that he gains on his grabs, you can EX super grab an opponent from the starting position of the round if you cancel into it immediately from a light command roll.

You can cancel the animation of the roll so fast that you can barely even see it happen.

The EX version of the roll was the best of both worlds, had full invincibility like the heavy version and was fully cancellable like the light version.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 03:46:34 PM by Diavle »

Custle

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: May 17, 2016, 06:47:32 PM »
Daimon's roll moves were really good in XIII. The heavy version has invincibility and travels further than a normal evasion roll but the light version of the roll is what made the magic happen for Daimon in that game.

Unlike the heavy version, the light version had no invincibility but it could be cancelled into any of his special moves at any point in the animation, this let him extend the range on all his command grabs, and combos with command grabs, by a lot.

Just to give you an example of the range that he gains on his grabs, you can EX super grab an opponent from the starting position of the round if you cancel into it immediately from a light command roll.

You can cancel the animation of the roll so fast that you can barely even see it happen.

The EX version of the roll was the best of both worlds, had full invincibility like the heavy version and was fully cancellable like the light version.
I suspected it had such utility. Never liked Goro that much, so never bothered exploring what he could do.

I remember Shingo had some sort of roll special in some game. Did that move even exist or is my memory doing tricks?

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: May 17, 2016, 08:18:07 PM »

Yes shingo has a roll in 03, its called Shingo Kinsei Ore Shiki: Idouyoke and it's qcb+A/C.

I had to research it as I couldn't be certain of which version he acquired it in. I guessed 03 but I couldn't be sure.

Yes diavle goro's qcb roll cancel was sweet, hope he gets it back in XIV

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: May 17, 2016, 09:37:05 PM »
Additionally to what has already been said, in 02/um Goro's far B, B ukemi was a great way into his mixups, canceling to cloud catch gets back dashes and jumps, his invul throw got anyone who stayed on the ground and didn't alt guard (people think they still have throw invul), quake could hit alt guard if they stood during impact (but this was slow so it could be reacted to), and counter took care of reversal specials.

In XIII it was mostly the same but he lost the regular counter mix and gained EX quake which hit alt guard much better due to speed. unfortunately some characters could beat all of his options (sans Neomax, but who'd do that for a mixup) using a single move, Terry could rising tackle, Takuma could hien shippukyaku, Clark could delayed EX gatling, etc. etc.

In XIV there is speculation he'll receive his old DMs, one of which has a long period of armor before grabbing the opponent, so he may effectively have the mixup options to handle all situations if ukemi still functions the same way.

I don't know about Shingo's special roll, not sure if it could be cancelled or not, so I don't know it helps in the same way.