Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 343336 times)

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2015, 10:16:59 PM »
A lot of people already have a negative view of this game. The new graphical style really turned off even some of the biggest fans and some are even declaring it a flop. Are the justified in thinking this or are they just jumping the gun?

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2015, 12:36:26 AM »
I just want the option to change outfits, tbh. Also, it would be nice for Kyo's hair color to go back to dark brownish. That's it for now. I'll wait for actual gameplay to make more suggestions.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2015, 04:23:32 AM »
Leona and Terry are in? I didn't saw them on the trailer.

I heard speculation of Terry, and saw a 3D model of Leona some months back, so those are my assumptions that they're in. Those two usually don't get left out of KOF anyway.

Do you guys feel that system wise they should go back to HD and rebalance it to tone down the damage like they did with damage scaling in 02UM when you entered Max Mode? Or do you think they should just go back to basic Super Bar with Super Cancel?

Probably best to go "back to basic" with an entirely new look. I'm sure we'd see something HD-esque in a future iteration.

A lot of people already have a negative view of this game. The new graphical style really turned off even some of the biggest fans and some are even declaring it a flop. Are the justified in thinking this or are they just jumping the gun?

It could be both. The first impression has been negative; I believe it can be improved, and they might have plans to or respond to the first impressions. It's the "will they" and "how" that I don't know about.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2015, 04:46:39 AM »
I think a lot of people are more disappointed with the visual direction that the teaser is displaying to everyone...especially coming from a company that promised to stick to their guns when it came to 2D pixel art graphics for fighting games.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2015, 09:09:22 AM »
I'm not too disappointed with the visual direction as that's about what I expected from the recruitment ads. Let's hope things look better if the camera isn't zoomed and rotating (And that the zoom/rotation is only for supers or the like.). The issue looks to be that they spent more time on the clothing than other character features (look in the stills at Kyo's and Iori's clothes, there are wrinkles in spots you'd think they would end up [in the trailer it's difficult to tell if it's dynamic], but on the other hand no skin imperfections which ends up looking unnatural).
I think I'm personally more disappointed by the aural choice. The music in the background does not get me hype. This is unfortunate as I love a lot of KOF music, maybe they'll have tracks I like better later but if that is the main theme I'm rushing through menus faster than any other KOF game.
But all this is still early so let's all just hope for a good game when all is said and done.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2015, 09:22:48 AM »
Iori looked good in his musician's outfit, and that makes me wonder what everyone's default appearance will be. Probably Garou Terry, and a few more updated styles. And now to wonder if some of the previous roster rumors are true.

I think I'm personally more disappointed by the aural choice. The music in the background does not get me hype. This is unfortunate as I love a lot of KOF music, maybe they'll have tracks I like better later but if that is the main theme I'm rushing through menus faster than any other KOF game.
But all this is still early so let's all just hope for a good game when all is said and done.

Yeah, wasn't feeling the music much either. Unfortunately, seemed more like what I'd expect from a pachinko game. Definitely hoping the music choices are based on teams (like XIII) and not based on locations (like XII).
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 09:26:08 AM by solidshark »
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Mrkarate23

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2015, 05:35:52 PM »
My old username was Shapiralingblood

So much questions that need to be answered from SNKP and the silence from them is not a good look. It does not ensue confidence in the product from neither fans perspective or the company's.

Boy oh boy does this need work to look decent and the thing about  it being 3d is that some of the issues can.be addressed in a timely manner depending on the skills of the programmers. It does not feel like this was in active development for 3 years because you would have expected to see more than what was currently shown. That 3 year time span they where still looking for 3d programmers. Is this alpha footage or what. Another thing is why arent they using the 3d models from kof xii and xiii. They had to pose all them frame by frame then draw over them. I am in disbelief that we are not seeing thkse models because and that engine would have been the perfect start for 3d kof and still maintain the identity of kof. That does not make sense for me when you have the source code and yet decide to start over. Is this proof of concept, because as a fan I am disappointed.

I want to know if this is a new saga, because both kyo and iori have new clothing. How many characters, what new move sets, wgat new characters. I hope we more info soon.

Here is a team suggestion
Billy Kain
Oswald
Yamazaki are the outlaw team.

Heres a link found from r kappa
http://webm.host/a1822/
Looks like terry who knows the deal

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2015, 06:25:32 PM »
Apparently, this game has a January 2016 release date.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2015, 06:49:11 PM »
Another thing is why arent they using the 3d models from kof xii and xiii. They had to pose all them frame by frame then draw over them. I am in disbelief that we are not seeing thkse models because and that engine would have been the perfect start for 3d kof and still maintain the identity of kof.

Yeah, I was wondering that as well. They could've just cel-shaded them Xrd style and improved on them more...

The January 2016 release date isn't true: http://www.orochinagi.com/2015/09/kofxiv-the-first-day
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2015, 01:36:33 AM »
I just realized the problem in the animations. They appear to be direct rips of the frames you would expect from the attacks in 2d. Kyo's QCF + A looks like they took the individual frames you'd expect to see in an older KOF and set them to a 3d model, and the missing animation from the leg raise to the step in is not implied at with so much as a blur, it's missing the parts that make 3d games look fluid. They could add blur which would probably make it feel like another MI, or they could add animation frames which could potentially slow the actual action (Think about how they improved xiii's speed from xii by removing some frames here and there). I can deal with the character models, they may even grow on me like SF4's did for so many others, but the animations need to have something added to them to make the game look fluid (and it can't be ink trails lest they be chastised by every SF player).

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2015, 01:54:17 AM »
@MrKarate23: Well, maybe it's pachinko terry in that gif, who knows.. Looks good though.

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2015, 03:16:36 AM »

I think when a company has to close down the comments section on their video and make a second trailer not showing the game it is a failure as a trailer to hype the public for the new game. Now jumping the gun and saying the game will suck, yeah, it's a bit too soon.

I will say the animation style wasn't what disappointed me the most. When Kyo threw out a shoulder attack it looked extremely stiff and awkward. If if they increased the animation and smoothed things out the way they made the move just doesn't look right to me. That had me more worried then anything.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

Mrkarate23

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2015, 03:30:53 AM »
@MrKarate23: Well, maybe it's pachinko terry in that gif, who knows.. Looks good though.

The last fatal fury pachinko they had was fatal fury premium which showed mark of the wolves terry, this could be from the kof pachinko. Who knows it look interesting. I hope we hear some news soon, I want to see the development process occur from the beginning to the end. Unless this get cancelled.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2015, 07:28:28 AM »

I was thinking that was also pachinko. If they had CG looking that nice, I'm surprised that wasn't in the reveal trailer.

I think when a company has to close down the comments section on their video and make a second trailer not showing the game it is a failure as a trailer to hype the public for the new game. Now jumping the gun and saying the game will suck, yeah, it's a bit too soon.

They actually did that? I missed that. I'm glad that they've reacted in some way though.
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2015, 08:04:28 AM »
Maximilian talked about the youtube thing on his channel. I saw the other trailer on neo-geo.com forums. I also saw the SRK article where they threw around static pics saying it looked a little better. So at least they recognize the community is pissed.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"