Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 343374 times)

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #135 on: November 25, 2015, 02:58:48 PM »
@Shiranui_ninja: I'm pretty sure this trailer was just to show improvements and bring Andy "out there", certainly fine tuning him in the future.

Micky Kusanagi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 25, 2015, 06:42:01 PM »
@Micky, actually this is the first trailer to stay positive (currently around 800 likes and 500 dislikes)
At long last xD Sure, the ratio is lower now, but still more than 50% likes :D

About Andy -and almost everybody else- looking too thin, somebody speculated that SNKP could be using the same rig for as many characters as they can, as a time and cost saving measure. Should it prove true, I'm fine with it, I'm kinda used to see tons of characters sharing the same body build in games I love xD Do you think it's the reason why every revealed char except Chang is so skinny?

In a nutshell, I'm fine with any solution SNKP come up with, as long as XIV is as enjoyable as is best predecessors. It's all I'm asking of them ^^ This, and that SNKP is having a conference at PlayStation Experience where they disclose as many details about the game as they can, like Capcom did at that event -sorry, I don't remember what it was- where they explained their plans about character balance, their intentions behind V-Skills and V-Triggers, releasing any future expansion as free updates, DLC chars policy and whatnot.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 06:44:16 PM by Micky Kusanagi »
Ore no...kachi da!!

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 26, 2015, 07:58:13 PM »
There is definately someone else in charge of the animation style, but looking at the comparsion videos I would not be suprised if the old wireframes from KOF XIII were being recycled partially to save time and also to appease crowds. If that's so it wouldn't suprise me if certain characters look a little out of sorts when going from one gamestyle to another while still using stuff from the old game.

It reminds me of the headache Udon had in redoing the sprites for HD Remix.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

Micky Kusanagi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 27, 2015, 04:22:10 PM »
I obviously agree with you LOL

Do you think KOF is launching in February or sometime later? February is a possibility in my opinion because there's a shitload of titles launching in that timeframe: Attack On Titan, DoAX3, SFV and who knows what I'm forgetting right now.

Don't get me wrong, I DON'T want KOFXIV to launch anything sooner than the last week of December 2016. I'm a mindless KOF fanboy, but I also have a rational side telling me the more SNKP works on this game instead of rushing it, the better. GGXrd, SFV, USFIV and MKX are more than enough to keep me busy, waiting for XIV -I still don't have a PS4 and I don't want USFIV and Xrd on PS3, so I'm waiting to buy them.

Bottom line: PlayStation Experience is around the corner. No matter how lacking KOFXIV is, I can't wait xD
Ore no...kachi da!!

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 28, 2015, 01:02:23 PM »
It would kill their game to launch in Feb. Besides not many characters have been shown. My guess would be September or October, but that's hoping for no setbacks.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 29, 2015, 01:50:46 AM »
There is definately someone else in charge of the animation style, but looking at the comparsion videos I would not be suprised if the old wireframes from KOF XIII were being recycled partially to save time and also to appease crowds. If that's so it wouldn't suprise me if certain characters look a little out of sorts when going from one gamestyle to another while still using stuff from the old game.

It reminds me of the headache Udon had in redoing the sprites for HD Remix.

Yeah, the animation of some characters being reminiscent of their XIII iterations is what stuck out to me from the first trailer, and while I understand it saves time, may be the biggest negative of the game's visuals so far. It's not terrible, but I'm sure everyone would've preferred if they started from scratch with new visuals and character animations somehow, or at least not have everything verbatim. It's probably the reason Chang, for what little they've shown, looks like he's the best animated of those revealed to me, because I've never seen him in XIII style.

That's just for visuals though; there will be a gameplay advantage for those used to XIII-style, but I hope they have good, unique systems to support it.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Micky Kusanagi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 29, 2015, 06:37:46 PM »
Random questions:
1) do you think SNKP is already receiving any money from Ledo Millennium for KOFXIV development? If I remember well, Ledo is an insanely wealthy juggernaut, so covering development costs for a game shouldn't be so demanding on their part, but judging from the graphics from the first teaser and the extent of the improvements -nice but not radical- in the second and third teaser, I think Ledo is barely keeping SNKP away from a second bankruptcy, and significant financial support for games will come from next game onwards I hope.
2) Voice actors...I can't recognize if Masahiro Nonaka is voicing Kyo, Kyo's attacks are the noisiest ones for some reason xD I'm almost sure Andy's voice actor has changed. I loved Andy's XIII voice, but the new one isn't bad in my opinion. Nothing to say about Chang Iori and Leona :P
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 10:28:03 PM by Micky Kusanagi »
Ore no...kachi da!!

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 29, 2015, 06:55:28 PM »
@Mickey: Maybe they (Ledo) didn't directly give them any money but rather make the business decision on the pachinko part, so that they could redirect their money from there to kof XIV without Ledo having to spend the cash.

As for Andy, i'm kind of unsure but it could be that he still has the same voice actor. Iori's seems the same too.

TrueOrochi

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 02, 2015, 03:26:43 AM »
Looks like it was also an in development snapshot. Can't wait for more news on the 5th.

http://www.snkplaymore.co.jp/us/press/pdf/151124_1.pdf

*Only other game I am looking forward to at PSX 2015 is Soul Calibur VI (possibly).

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 02, 2015, 06:12:59 PM »
I have news from Twitter that there was a "closed door" test with a chosen few people, with only Iori, Kyo and Chang playable. PSX will likely have more. "Doesn't play like MI".

Arisal

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 02, 2015, 10:46:49 PM »
That is photoshop... Trailer contained a frame of XIII styled boxes in no particular arrangement.
http://i1.wp.com/shoryuken.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/kofxiv-charselect-trailer.png

It does not mean anything, because no KoF game has lacked a portrait/sprite display for both players unless they were pirated. Leaked list could be the product of a simple brain storm early in development. Wait until real information is available on December 5th.

NO IT'S NOT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxLMBUjgbjM

If it's still hard to grasp (shouldn't but apparently it's so) then you'll see it's there on the actual trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLyQeZK3WZY

THE GAME WILL HAVE 48 CHARACTERS!!!! Let's accept that now.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 10:49:23 PM by Arisal »

Micky Kusanagi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 02, 2015, 11:42:13 PM »
@GL: this makes me wonder whether Chang is closer to completion than Leona...I've always thought it was the other way around because of the recruitment render thing.
@Arisal: I'd LOVE it if KOFXIV had 48 characters, and I saw the "48 windows" -as I like to call them- in the teaser, but maybe being 100% sure that we're gonna get so many characters isn't the best thing to do, especially if this piece of news GL gave us about only Chang being in the closed test alongside Kyo and Iori proves to be true...
Ore no...kachi da!!

TrueOrochi

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 03, 2015, 04:20:44 AM »
I have news from Twitter that there was a "closed door" test with a chosen few people, with only Iori, Kyo and Chang playable. PSX will likely have more. "Doesn't play like MI".

It would be interesting to get their input, but they likely had to sign some kind of non-disclosure agreement...

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 03, 2015, 11:49:19 AM »
If the leak is true then this KOF roster will be the worst roster a canonical KOF ever had. I would prefered Chizuru instead of Alice and an Agent Team with Mary, Ramon and Vanessa, instead of Mexico Team. It's stupid to have country names teams and no-country names teams. Kim's team looks too forced and pretty absurd. Nakoruru and pachinko girls team is a mess that will make people see this KOF as a joke.

But anyway, as long as I have Mai, King and Mature and some classic teams to recognize it as a KOF, it's fine to me.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 03, 2015, 12:58:07 PM »

It would be interesting to get their input, but they likely had to sign some kind of non-disclosure agreement...
I asked for details but yea no cigar lol

@Shiranui: :o  the team names are whats bugging you? Ikari warriors used to be team brazil lol